Elfy's Doll a Week 2021
(01-31-2021, 02:01 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Tristan must wonder if he landed in an alternate universe LOL
I wonder if Yari would like sports.  Although maybe rugby might be more her style?  Or, no, wait... hockey, because you could carry something resembling a spear xp

And she can legally commit violence on people.
I can relate to Tristan's feelings...
Tristan's confused ex-pression could be used as a meme for this past year... I find him totally cool though, showing no opposition despite the weird situation and headwear he has to endure.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Evie actually thought she was doing Tristan a great favour allowing him to wear her Richmond beanie. They are the Premiers after all.
Bless her heart  yay   I mean, I kinda get her - if you are really into something, it can be difficult to see how anyone could not like it.
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
Yeah my, and by extension, Evie’s obsession with the Tigers can be hard for non fans to understand. I remember identifying strongly with the lead character in Fever Pitch.
Oh, now I'm even more interested in watching that film - the UK version in particular, out of my undying love for Colin Firth Sweatdrop yay  That's one I have never been able to catch&watch yet. I think I have seen it available on a local movie database - but it was dubbed, and the whole point of me wanting to watch the film is to hear him talk *drool*
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
(02-02-2021, 11:05 PM)Loona Wrote: Oh, now I'm even more interested in watching that film - the UK version in particular, out of my undying love for Colin Firth Sweatdrop yay  That's one I have never been able to catch&watch yet. I think I have seen it available on a local movie database - but it was dubbed, and the whole point of me wanting to watch the film is to hear him talk *drool*

TOTALLY NOT a celebrity watcher, so although I'd heard of him I couldn't tell you anything about him to save my life, so I googled out of curiosity. Does this work for you...?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7acE4JpSS0U
I've never "rented" a movie on Youtube, so I don't know what you pay with or whether it works outside North America. For what it's worth, anyway.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I actually forgot they’d done a US version of this. When I mention the film I only think of the UK original. What does the American watch? It wouldn’t work unless he’s a mad keen Arsenal fan. Ruth Gemmell was also damn near perfect, ‘Sisters don’t have seasins!’
(02-02-2021, 05:07 AM)Loona Wrote: Bless her heart  yay   I mean, I kinda get her - if you are really into something, it can be difficult to see how anyone could not like it.

(02-02-2021, 03:45 PM)Elfy Wrote: Yeah my, and by extension, Evie’s obsession with the Tigers can be hard for non fans to understand. I remember identifying strongly with the lead character in Fever Pitch.

At least we have different “utterly obsessed with” things and we can appreciate the others, even if we don’t totally understand it.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(02-03-2021, 11:45 AM)Alliecat Wrote: TOTALLY NOT a celebrity watcher, so although I'd heard of him I couldn't tell you anything about him to save my life, so I googled out of curiosity.  Does this work for you...?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7acE4JpSS0U
I've never "rented" a movie on Youtube, so I don't know what you pay with or whether it works outside North America.  For what it's worth, anyway.

Ah, that is so kind of you - thank you! Heart 2 Normally I'm also not like that (nor am I a film person in general. It's so easy to name a classic, a blockbuster, or anything else big and famous and known-by-everyone that I haven't seen Sweatdrop ), but there are a few that somehow found their way into my heart. Both films and people. Colin is one of the latter blush
Sadly the YouTube rental scheme must be an overseas thing - I don't think I've ever heard about it even though I view stuff on YouTube on a daily basis, and to me the video  is simply showing as unavailable...

(02-03-2021, 06:34 PM)Lejays17 Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 05:07 AM)Loona Wrote: Bless her heart  yay   I mean, I kinda get her - if you are really into something, it can be difficult to see how anyone could  not like it.

(02-02-2021, 03:45 PM)Elfy Wrote: Yeah my, and by extension, Evie’s obsession with the Tigers can be hard for non fans to understand. I remember identifying strongly with the lead character in Fever Pitch.

At least we have different “utterly obsessed with” things and we can appreciate the others, even if we don’t totally understand it.

You aren't the first person who tells me this, and I can totally imagine how that can help understand the appreciation - because we don't have a similar setup here, and I know how it does not help. The husband finds it hard to understand my obsessions - and I'm not even an avid, super-obsessed fangirl of anything.
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
It's a bummer when nobody else you know closely is a fan of something you really like. Heh -- guess that includes dolls, right? LOL
Too bad about the movie. Must be North American rights only. I got "your browser can't play this video" but that's my outdated 'puter. Perhaps you can find another that works there. Then I was going to suggest Amazon but you'd have to watch for region-code issues with the DVDs.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
A bit late this week. Spent Sunday being lazy, playing games on my phone and reading.

[Image: f4811cb2e0105b2c60f87048aec67d17.jpg]

Yari attempts to scale one of our great walls of books. That's one of the read piles. We have about 4 other piles of to be read stuff, which are of varying sizes, at least one of them rivals that one. While Yari makes her valiant attempt, Elinor stands by and attempts to ignore her.
That's a serious pile of Already Read! Do you keep them afterward? Do the piles ever fall over?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(02-08-2021, 03:34 PM)davidd Wrote: That's a serious pile of Already Read! Do you keep them afterward? Do the piles ever fall over?

If we like a book then we’ll usually keep it. Nine of the piles have fallen over yet, although Lejays is concerned that they’ll do so in the middle of the night and give us a big fright.