Elfy's Doll a Week 2021
(07-12-2021, 12:50 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 05:30 AM)Loona Wrote: ... now I'll have to hunt this bike down another way
There are some on eBay, but shipping to Hungary would probably be ridiculous sad
Thanks for checking! But yes, unfortunately shipping is ridiculous (the cheapest I found was $33 - that's just the shipping cost, not the total), and then on top of this (since noone seems to be selling this within the EU) comes our even more ridiculous 27% VAT - which applies on the total, ridiculous shipping included  Irritated This will have to be a travel project or a super lucky local find slash
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
It is winter, it is football season and we're getting to the pointy end of the season. On Friday night Jack Riewoldt, Evie's favourite player, played his 300th game. Evie had to celebrate that.

[Image: 91819587529d8a98a7a1a844794eb79c.jpg]

Evie and Jack's namesake, Jack the singing Richmond bear, commemorate Jack Riewoldt's 300th AFL game. He's only the 4th Tiger, in the club's plus 100 year history to ever do it (David Cloke did play 333 games, but he played over 100 of them with Collingwood). It was a happy milestone with Jack's under fire Tigers snapping a 4 game losing streak by beating Brisbane. Jack kicked 6 goals and is only the 3rd player to kick 6 goals in their 300th game (the other two are legendary Richmond captain Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer and the evergreen Eddie Betts).
Evie looks just delighted to be celebrating the milestone.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Evie does look delighted, and Jack cheerful about the extraordinary milestone. Cute picture!

How frequently are these games usually taking place (almost total sport noob, and absolutely total Australian football noob here)? At first I was thinking 300 games don't sound all that much, but then I realised this isn't the music industry (with which I do have a bit more familiarity) where big bands tour and do the same amount of shows in a year.
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
(07-18-2021, 08:44 PM)Loona Wrote: Evie does look delighted, and Jack cheerful about the extraordinary milestone. Cute picture!

How frequently are these games usually taking place (almost total sport noob, and absolutely total Australian football noob here)? At first I was thinking 300 games don't sound all that much, but then I realised this isn't the music industry (with which I do have a bit more familiarity) where big bands tour and do the same amount of shows in a year.

The average AFL season has 22 matches, plus finals if the team is good enough to make it. Jack played his first game in 2007. He’s relatively durable, so doesn’t miss a lot through injury and Richmond have played finals the last 4 years, winning 3 out of the last 4 Premierships. Funny you should mention music. The Killers played at the Grand Final in 2017 and Jack wound up doing Mr Brightside on stage with them at the after game show.
Sounds like a bright spot in an otherwise underwhelming season for the Tigers! Good fun, at any rate! And a fun photo, too!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That's a lot of games. One would have to be durable. Sounds like everyone had fun watching.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(07-19-2021, 07:51 AM)Alliecat Wrote: That's a lot of games.  One would have to be durable.  Sounds like everyone had fun watching.

A win is always fun. Jack has been rather lucky to not suffer major injuries throughout his career. He had a knee issue that kept him out for a chunk of 2019, but he was back fit and firing for the finals, and kicked 6 in the Grand Final from memory.
(07-18-2021, 09:27 PM)Elfy Wrote: The average AFL season has 22 matches, plus finals if the team is good enough to make it. Jack played his first game in 2007. He’s relatively durable, so doesn’t miss a lot through injury and Richmond have played finals the last 4 years, winning 3 out of the last 4 Premierships. Funny you should mention music. The Killers played at the Grand Final in 2017 and Jack wound up doing Mr Brightside on stage with them at the after game show.

Wut?! He doesn't even look old enough to have started playing actively in 2007 (but the Google search that made me think this also revealed he was born in 1988, so maybe yes, he is indeed old enough). Lucky for him and for the team he hasn't ex-perienced a lot of injuries, those can be career-breaking for sportsmen, it seems scary from the outside how such an accident can turn one's life completely upside down.

Thank you for all the information, it was interesting to read smile And that Killers performance was uplifting to look at/listen to (I just checked it out on YouTube) - partly because Jack seemed so enthusiastic, singing the lyrics like this was his favourite song and the moment he's been waiting for since he was a little kid, and partly because it reminded me of parties we used to attend in a since-closed club back in the late 2000s, where this song was playing frequently. On another note, it was quite a slap in the face to realise this song is already 18 years old!
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
(07-19-2021, 09:24 PM)Loona Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 09:27 PM)Elfy Wrote: The average AFL season has 22 matches, plus finals if the team is good enough to make it. Jack played his first game in 2007. He’s relatively durable, so doesn’t miss a lot through injury and Richmond have played finals the last 4 years, winning 3 out of the last 4 Premierships. Funny you should mention music. The Killers played at the Grand Final in 2017 and Jack wound up doing Mr Brightside on stage with them at the after game show.

Wut?! He doesn't even look old enough to have started playing actively in 2007 (but the Google search that made me think this also revealed he was born in 1988, so maybe yes, he is indeed old enough). Lucky for him and for the team he hasn't ex-perienced a lot of injuries, those can be career-breaking for sportsmen, it seems scary from the outside how such an accident can turn one's life completely upside down.

Thank you for all the information, it was interesting to read smile And that Killers performance was uplifting to look at/listen to (I just checked it out on YouTube) - partly because Jack seemed so enthusiastic, singing the lyrics like this was his favourite song and the moment he's been waiting for since he was a little kid, and partly because it reminded me of parties we used to attend in a since-closed club back in the late 2000s, where this song was playing frequently.

Apparently it is one of his favourites. That particular win meant a lot to Richmond people. It was the first Grand Final we’d won in 37 years. Jack’s performance was just one of many highlights. He’s 32 and has 2 little girls. Poppy often appears on his Insta and is super cute. His older cousin Nick was also a champion of the game, but with St Kilda. Hopefully in the not too distant future his team mate Dustin ‘Dusty’ Martin can join him in the 300 club.
The Olympics started on Friday night and our crew have got right into following them.

[Image: 8d619a96982b8d15d9cc68e94e3bfbd3.jpg]

Being able to stream events means you can watch them anywhere. You can't really see it in the pic, but Roni and Opal are watching dressage. Roni likes watching people ride and Opal is always interested in anything involving a horse.

Our lot all have their favourites, but Roni and Opal just love equestrian events. Roni also has an interest in the fencing. Yari quite likes that, along with any other combat sport, but doesn't understand why spear fighting isn't an event.
They both look very intent on what the horses are doing. Does Opal practice dressage (horse dancing LOL ) or is he just admiring how clever they are?
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Opal is out his depth with dressage, he likes to gallop freely, but he does admire the clever horses who can do it.
Spear throwing is an event! The javelin competition dates back to the original days of the Olympics! I’m sure Yari will find some entertainment when that competition begins.

Seeing dressage described as Horse Dancing makes me laugh. I’ve never thought of it in those terms before, but I suppose that’s exactly what it is!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(07-25-2021, 08:09 PM)davidd Wrote: Seeing dressage described as Norse dancing makes me laugh. I’ve never thought of it in those terms before, but I suppose that’s exactly what it is!

Especially when they were doing it to music, as far as we could tell.  It really is amazing what they can do with the different steps.