Lejays17 2021 Doll A Week
Was a lovely, relaxing, old fashioned way to travel. Very Sophie.
Looks like a fun adventure!
Oh! Murray River paddle steamers! This is really exciting! I had the pleasure of taking a Murray River paddle steamer cruise... a lot of years ago now... out of Mildura! One of the entertaining anecdotes the guide seemed to enjoy emphasizing during the cruise was how frequently the steamboats would ex-plode in the old days.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
How fun to go aboard such a piece of history. You wonder about all the people who've crossed her decks. It's amazing that after 21 years of sitting in a garden she was able to be restored to work again, and cheers to the people who did that. I enjoy hearing about folks who are enthusiastic about restoring old boats or aircraft.
It looks like a fun trip. How far was the ride?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
We were amazed that it had spent so much time as a garden exhibit before being restored & relocated.

The Adelaide doesn’t run regularly, but one of the other boats was in for repairs / maintenance, so she was operating to make up for it.
The trip was an hour, so a half-hour each way. I’m not sure how fast she was going, but the speed limit is 4 knots on that section of the river, and she probably doesn’t go that fast.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Elfy posted a few weeks ago that Jo-Meg had hurt her arm doing training for softball.

It turned out worse than ex-pected, and she's had to do rehabiliation exercises.  Mostly lifting light weights/dumbells to strengthen it.
Fortunately, she has the right weights at home, so can do her daily / weekly rehab without having to visit the osteo as often.

[Image: 4464842de5c84dd2b0d5d395c55805d0.jpg]

(these are the ones I have to do for my injured shoulder - I was diagnosed about 5 years ago with a possible rotator cuff tear that had healed & the osteo thought we'd do excercises before deciding if a reconstruction was needed.  I was lucky & didn't need the surgery.  t'll never be 100% again, but I can lift my arm above my head with minimal pain)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Is a side benefit of doing rehab exercises that you become irresistibly cute? Or does that only work for Jo-Meg?
Ooh, I can sympathize with the arm & shoulder woes. I need some good rehab exercises, I guess.
Agree she is very cute!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
That's one of the great things about being a doll, you don't ever sweat.
Get well soon Jo-Meg! I should really follow your example, unfortunately I too am in the "cannot lift my arm without at least minor pain" group, and should exercise on a daily basis, but I am lazy T__T

Wow, Audrey is immense! And those paddle steamers look wonderful - I'm sure a few of my crew would love to board them.

I've just noticed on one of the older pictures (been going through the ones from the past few months) that Becky doesn't have the usual, hinged T3 wrists - have her arms been swapped to Obitsu? I've never noticed this before :O I suspect an arm swap because her legs seem original, and (AFAIK) T3 arms do not come apart at the elbows.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
(07-06-2021, 03:39 AM)Loona Wrote: I've just noticed on one of the older pictures (been going through the ones from the past few months) that Becky doesn't have the usual, hinged T3 wrists - have her arms been swapped to Obitsu? I've never noticed this before :O I suspect an arm swap because her legs seem original, and (AFAIK) T3 arms do not come apart at the elbows.

Good spotting! I got Becky 2nd hand, and she doesn't have her original arms, so I'm assuming that they're Obitsu. I don't actually remember now what they said in the listing, but it was mentioned they weren't original.
Jo-Meg says thanks for all the well-wishes. She's doing quite well with her program, and is about to increase the weight she has to lift (higher weight, less repetition but building up again).

Did a little bit of gardening today, and was thrilled to find that the zygocactus is flowering. It lives on the deck & is protected by the herb-garden (AKA Audrey's mansion), so I don't look at it very often.

Briar thinks it looks lke a perfect match to her Way Too Wonderland outfit.
[Image: 621cd91add08d0bc1e70e8ae48514316.jpg]
The zygocactus is lovely when it flowers and it really does match Briar’s outfit here.
Flowers blooming in mid winter? What paradise on Earth is this in which you live?

Fun to see one of the EAH crew making an appearance; particularly such a colorful individual!
Lovely flower matching! And Jo-Meg was adorable last week (I thought I commented then, but apparently not...).