Lejays17 2021 Doll A Week
Cute and colorful! How lovely to be able to grow these outside all year and have them bloom in the winter!!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Lovely flower - these are the types that normally bloom in winter, right? Still, it's amazing to see this cactus grow, and apparently, thrive outside - on my climate they are strictly indoor plants sadly. Briar's need to colour-coordinate please my OCD a lot - hat is one nice match smile I don't think I've ever seen this Briar though - is she a later release? I assume because those never got here and, as the general interest also went down, the information that has reached me about newer releases was also less, so I completely missed a few lines.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
The cactus originally belonged to my mother, and she always kept it on her front porch where it was largely exposed to the elements just as it is with us. I can't remember if it flowered in winter for her or not. Our camellias also flower in the winter.
(07-12-2021, 05:37 AM)Loona Wrote: I don't think I've ever seen this Briar though - is she a later release? I assume because those never got here and, as the general interest also went down, the information that has reached me about newer releases was also less, so I completely missed a few lines.

This particular Briar was part of the Way Too Wonderland line, but she was an exclusive store-release (can't remember which store though). so she wasn't widely available.

And thanks for the flower-love. Like Elfy said, it was orginally from his mum, so is quite old.  i possibly need to put it in a bigger pot though, it seems quite crammed in its current pot.

Another cold winter day here, so Becky got some use out of her new coat & hat.  I still need to add the buttons to the front
[Image: 32730f9cf246b118dbf61c9d82e6efd0.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Becky does look warm and cozy in her new knitted outfit, though.
Becky looks well-armed to tackle the cold weather! Such a cute outfit, I love both the beret and the coat - and the little details like the silver thread in the white yarn add a lovely extra touch. I also love how you chose the lavender to serve as backdrop, as its purple colour matches the purple bits in the beret almost perfectly.
What type of buttons are you planning to add to the front? Funnily enough, my Aqel has also just recently receved a winter outfit (from Etsy - I fell in love with it, it immediately screamed her), and I, too, am thinking of adding buttons to the front of the coat. I have some bunny-shaped little buttons I ordered earlier, which would have been good, but I also had a different type in the mail which I also considered, so I decided to wait until those also arrive. Sadly though, at this point I believe they are lost, they have been on their way for approximately 4 months now.

Oh, yeah, the Way Too Wonderland line is one that never made it to us IIRC, I only ever remember seeing them on the Arena forums, and I recall they were ex-pensive on the secondary market because of their limited availability. To my wallet's delight, they were Way Too Colorful and busy (pun intended Tongue) for my taste, and neither the dolls, nor their stocks ended up on my wishlist.
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
Becky looks lovely! Great colors!
This pic beautifully emphasizes Becky's lovely blue eyes!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
WHAT an adorable outfit! It looks so cozy. You could sell tons of those.
I like how the flower in the back looks like it's ornamentation on her hat.
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Its the Olympics, and softball is back in the Games this time (out again in Paris though  Irritated )

Jo-Meg is all set up to watch Aus v Canada on the ipad.

[Image: f0a8615389872af7a22fee6b0055bf34.jpg]

[Image: 35a90e0d9e1a5a94ef64686cc70b3092.jpg]

A bit of a mixed-bag with the results so far, 2 bad losses (Japan & Canada), 1 win (Italy), and a really close loss to USA today in extra innings.  Currently sitting 4th on the ladder, need to beat Mexico tomorrow to stay there.

And because I spend a lot of time knitting while watching very talented people do their sport thing, Courtley Jester is supervising the beginning of a Columbina shawl.
[Image: dcd41f38704605df1b57dcf84c95170c.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Jo-Meg looks very chill there. Even though the team didn’t have the result she wanted, I’m sure she still enjoyed being able to watch the best play.
Courtly Jester looks as enthralled watching your knitting as does Jo watching the softball. Perhaps knitting should be considered for inclusion in the Olympics. Or at least developed in to a competitive pastime.

This is a fun series of pics!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Your little sports fans will be having a ball watching the Olympics. At least you are on the right side of the world to watch live. I am not up “quite” that late.
Looking forward to seeing the shawl when you are done. Is it doll size or people size?

(07-25-2021, 08:03 PM)davidd Wrote: Perhaps knitting should be considered for inclusion in the Olympics. Or at least developed in to a competitive pastime.
Given their “talent” at injecting draahhhma into anything, maybe TLC could do a reality-TV knitting competition.  xp
Is Jo-Meg ready to put on her Toronto Blue Jays helmet and root for Canada if Australia doesn't advance (and assuming Canada does)?
Jo-Meg looks excited to watch the games - I hope future ones will work out better than the ones she's seen so far. Does she have to stay up later (or get up earlier) to catch the games she's interested in?
That looks like an interesting pattern for the shawl!
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can