PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week **2021**! (The End)
Oh, she's cute! And so cheerful-looking!
Thank you guys yay
I was so happy that lilac, which gave me one flower head last year (I got it the year before and didn't know how it would fare), made 10 this year!  It was a souvenir from the trip to the Corey Hart concert; I bought half a garden centre before coming home xp
Glori is "Barbie Fashionista #157".  I think it's going to be hard to find a matching body that will make her fun to photograph  slash

(06-09-2021, 04:16 PM)davidd Wrote: It sounds like you spend considerable time and effort trying to fend off foliage foragers!
Oh boy.  You have no idea....  Today I set my alarm and got up too early, after way too little sleep Wednesday night, because Handyman Guy was supposed to come help build another fence.  An hour before, he cancelled.  "Family coming".  You didn't know that the night before?????  Auwe!!!!!  Rawr!  So, short on sleep again.  And the fence needs to be put up yesterday, because veggies are starting to sprout.  >sigh<

-----------------------------------------------------------

Anyway... a bonus feature this week which has nothing to do with dolls but it's a cool thing not everyone got to see, and is the reason for the 1.5 hours' sleep Wed. night.  (I went back to bed after.)
While we missed the annular part of Thursday's solar eclipse, we did get a maximum of 73%, shortly after sunrise.  I spent about 3 hours scouting for locations that I could lug all my camera & telescope gear to easily.  I did consider taking a doll (yeah, they're all disappointed they didn't get to go) but I wasn't sure if the person who called a few hours before and asked to come along was dolly-friendly, and I did have a ton of other stuff to keep track of.  (So much so that I messed up my compass; TL,DR, don't put a compass next to a cellphone.)
So here's a little video of what we got to see.  If you look at it right ("relax your eyes" as my acquaintance said) you can "see" the big round ball of the moon, hanging in space... you get a sense of 3D big distance, and the clockwork movement of the cosmos.  Pretty cool stuff yay

[Image: 51241401731_ccb2e3649c_o.jpg]Eclipse June 10-21 by Alliecat09, on Flickr
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Solar eclipse over the ocean at sunrise?

'Kay, like, you officially live in the coolest place in the world!

And it's not even crowded!

I would move there in half a second if they allowed 'Mericans (who aren't rich), but they don't... which is probably why it's not crowded.

So great you could see this! It was done before sunrise in my time zone.

I'm still irritated about the cloud cover on the night of the recent lunar eclipse. That is the only cloudy night we've had here in months! Literally months, as there is a serious drought happening. Despite the heavy overcast, there was no rain, either.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That is so cool! I don't mind at all the lack of a doll this week if we get something like this in its place.

I couldn't quite get the 3-d image (my eyes are stuffed & I don't really get 3-d images at the movies when we went to see them either), but the sense of time passing was very clear.

How long were you out taking photos (eg how long did the passage take?). And were there many other lunar-gazers out there as well? Not necessarily taking photos / videos but just watching the event.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(06-13-2021, 02:54 AM)davidd Wrote: Solar eclipse over the ocean at sunrise?

Hehe, well, some of the time it seems that way.  There are drawbacks to a remote location too.  Sunrise over the ocean is one of few things worth getting up That Early for LOL
We do have a ton of 'merican summer visitors, usually, many of whom own property here.  And, haha, I feel the same 'move there in half a second' about Hawaii LOL
I sympathize with the clouded-out disappointment.  BOTH transits of Venus (for one, I drove frantically all over the island trying to find a hole in the fog; on a back road I got about 30 seconds' glimpse)... the transit of Mercury (spent more time trying to FIND the sun through the cloud, as it was too dim for the solar filter, than I spent actually looking at it (11 seconds??))... and so on.  So this was a lucky weather break.  
It was definitely not crowded.  No one else was nuts enough to be on the edge of a cliff down a grass track at 5:15 a.m.  LOL

(06-13-2021, 03:42 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: That is so cool!  I don't mind at all the lack of a doll this week if we get something like this in its place.
...How long were you out taking photos (eg how long did the passage take?).  And were there many other lunar-gazers out there as well?  
There was a doll; she was just on the previous page wink
The eclipse took 2 hours.  Fortunately the site wasn't too far into the ex-campground with easytogetloston gravel roads, so it only took about 20 minutes to get there.  I don't know that anyone else watched.  Certainly no one on the cliff; there is one person on the island who's into astronomy that I'd ex.pect would've been interested, but it often seems to me like a lot of people here aren't really interested in that sort of thing.  

----------------------

A Dal House challenge pic this week, for "Gardening".

[Image: 51257395260_9589512863_o.jpg]
"Yes, we really do need to weed, AGAIN, already."
".... well, get Mum to do it..."
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Luxuriant garden growth - another reason to live there! Once things start growing in the spring they really go for it, it looks like!

And YAY for your willingness to take dolls out in to the dirt!
Miki's got the pleading "help!" look down smile
That is cute. Also nice to see Darla getting out and about. We found when she was with us that she does love a garden, but yeah, not so keen on the weeding.
The weeding is a never-ending task, and being so small, it's going to take a very long time to do anything.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thanks, all!  smile

(06-20-2021, 12:09 AM)davidd Wrote: Once things start growing in the spring they really go for it, it looks like!
Everything looks wonderful when it first comes up.  Then because of the garden location it all peters out in August.  Hence the major new-garden-space project of the last few weeks.
(06-20-2021, 12:18 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Miki's got the pleading "help!" look down smile
I thought she looked somewhat exasperated!
(06-21-2021, 06:10 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The weeding is a never-ending task, and being so small, it's going to take a very long time to do anything.
Hehe.  Doesn't help that mum is a horrible procrastinator  slash

An early start this week with another Dal House challenge.  The summer themes include "at the beach".  So I actually did something different this time, inspired by following Hannah Bullen-Ryner's "land art".
Safe to say she doesn't have to worry about competition LOL

[Image: 51264023610_f86fa88e58_o.jpg]

[Image: 51263184878_e92b704c7e_o.jpg]
A lil honu and some fishies!  Happy solstice yay
Happy Solstice! I bet the daylight hours are really long 'way up north, there!

That "Land Art" account looks like a lot of fun! She's quite talented!

I love the way you made the fishies, with their little fins!
How cute. Love the turtle and the fish.
That’s so cute, what a fun idea!
That's adorable! And Samantha is looking very summery.
(06-13-2021, 02:54 AM)davidd Wrote: Solar eclipse over the ocean at sunrise?
...I'm still irritated about the cloud cover on the night of the recent lunar eclipse.

But, but... looking at eclipse maps... OMG... you are in the path of annularity for 2023!!!!!  NOW who's jealous!!!!!!!! Oh My  It'll only be 10% here.  What's your weather like in October?
I'd chase that.  Dangit, I'd start thinking about booking something now, if I thought we'd be allowed to travel by then without a crapload of hassle.  Wah Cry