PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week **2021**! (The End)
"Hello, dolly friends!
"Here we go, beginning a new year of PTFCo pic-a-week!
"A year ago, we had eager hopes for adventures.  It doesn't look like we're going to be travelling this year Cry  -- we're stuck through the whole lonnngg winter!!   How the world has changed. 
"Things look bleak now, but daily we find things to be thankful for (Mum said it was a good thing that she's able-bodied enough to go to the beach and freeze her fingers off to take this bad snapshot of me), and this year we shall endeavour to keep spreading aloha.
"E.B. White said, '...the human race has made a queer mess of life on this planet.  But as a people we probably harbor seeds of goodness that have lain for a long time waiting to sprout when the conditions are right.  ...Hope is the thing that is left to us, in a bad time.  I shall get up Sunday morning and wind the clock, as a contribution to order and steadfastness.'
"And stealing a thought from Jonathan Kabak, a tall-ship captain whom we don't know personally, 'our ex-perience with 2020 [was like] navigating through a storm, which often means hunkering down, sitting tight, and waiting for the right moment to once again set sail and make for your destination.'
"We wish you all a happy new year.  Keep your destination in your heart, and may the wind soon shift to a favorable direction so that we all may begin to make sail."

"Love, Sunsette  Heart 2 "

[Image: 50808366398_28496c5abd_o.jpg]
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Well, that's a lovely way to start the new year (both the photo and the sentiment)!
That’s it Sunsette, keep looking out to the wide horizon of the future, blue skies and calm water ahead.
That’s a lovely sentiment to start the year with.

Things to reflect on & remember going forward.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Well, there’s an uncanny coincidence: just last night I began reading a book of E. B. White’s essays. The lines you quote here sound like something I shall likely find in that very book.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Lovely thoughts and lovely photo! Keeping the destination in mind and our eyes open for whenever that silver lining and patch of blue appears is the best that we can go in these uncertain times.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Thank you very much, everybody! yay

Snapshot time...  when you think you've got all week to do a photo, and then Things Come Up, and just today as I was looking forward to not having any Things for the weekend, my editor e-mails me, "do you think we should do an article about...?"  This does not mean what-do-you-think; it means "please do it".  And all I'm going to be doing is re-hashing what other news outlets have already done more extensively.
Sigh.

I haven't done anything with Annie in ages.  It's kind of sad; she's so pretty but she's so hard to pose, and although I knew resin yellowed I've been very disappointed in how yellow she is and the fact that the blush on one side of her face has disappeared because of it Cry
I've been going to take her out to do this but lack of daylight means not much chance, plus cold & wind & blaaah.  So out came the black-shawl-thing-I-never-wear for a backdrop again.
Her little friend is Mason, whom I named after Grandpa Mason, whose heartwarming story I followed.  Even though he's the wrong colour, I thought it would be nice to remember this lovely cat's life.

[Image: 50840341001_1a63396c13_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
This pic makes me think of... well, of you, and the Kitty you trained to respond to visual cues.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That’s such a great pic. The story reminded me of Horse, the semi domesticated cat from the Footrot Flats comic strip.
This is a really nice shot. Love the idea of training a cat like this smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Sorry to hear about Annie's yellowing. But the photo is totally adorable!
She looks like she's teaching him to high five smile
Lovely photo, they seem so content, playing happily. I'm sad to hear about Annie's yellowing, resin sucks big time from this aspect - and this is one of the reasons why I'm happy I decided against getting a BJD after 10+years of pining over them. She still looks lovely though! Couldn't you try re-doing her blush? If they disappeared evenly from both cheeks, it probably wouldn't have been as much of a pain, but I can totally see how it'd bug you that only one of them has gone away.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Thanks, all!

(01-17-2021, 12:10 AM)davidd Wrote: This pic makes me think of... well, of you, and the Kitty you trained to respond to visual cues.
(01-18-2021, 01:12 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: She looks like she's teaching him to high five smile
Yeah.... ... my baby could do that... one or both paws.... Heart 2

(01-18-2021, 06:00 AM)Loona Wrote: Couldn't you try re-doing her blush?
Ugh NO.  I'm definitely not a faceup artist.  Those really bad beginner faceups you sometimes see, that look like a kid drew it with markers...?  that would be what mine would look like.  Aside from not having any of the materials, I'm not going to take a chance on wrecking her slash

Snapshot time, continued.  I really was going to take Annie & Mason out this week, but it got even colder.  Blaah.
I saw a neat patch of sun that had found its way reflected into a very dark corner, thought I could put a doll in it for an interesting effect, but it was no good.  So I did a quickie handheld shot of Aya near a window instead.  Little princess smile

[Image: 50860350531_7b656e7ce0_o.jpg]
So glamour! Both the doll and the photo!