PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week **2021**! (The End)
(06-25-2021, 11:38 AM)Alliecat Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 02:54 AM)davidd Wrote: Solar eclipse over the ocean at sunrise?
'Kay, like, you officially live in the coolest place in the world!
...I'm still irritated about the cloud cover on the night of the recent lunar eclipse.

But, but... looking at eclipse maps... OMG... you are in the path of annularity for 2023!!!!!  NOW who's jealous!!!!!!!! Oh My  It'll only be 10% here.  What's your weather like in October?
I'd chase that.  Dangit, I'd start thinking about booking something now, if I thought we'd be allowed to travel by then without a crapload of hassle.  Wah Cry

Well, that's interesting! Thanks for the tip! Of course, who knows, as you say, if we will be allowed to travel, or if we will even be alive a year and a half from now?

Took some searching to find a map that is detailed enough to show precise locations. That path is quite narrow. My house is just barely inside the path of totality. But an hour north up Highway 89 is right dead center of the path!

October 14, 2023 - I need to make a BIG NOTE about this!

This website says statistically, that date is overcast 21% of the time since 2000: https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/@...o=20231014

Oh, wow! The path of the eclipse passes almost directly over Roswell, New Mexico... where the saucer crashed!

8 April 2024 for you, huh? Although only 97% coverage on the island. You might have to head for the mainland.

Oh, and, in keeping with, y'know, weather, tonight is a "super" full moon, so of course the much-needed rain clouds have rolled in. Lots of clouds, very little rain.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week **2021**! (#25, June 21) - by davidd - 06-25-2021, 12:40 PM