Lejays17 2022 Doll A Week
Aww! Love the bright color!
Thanks you all - I forget how much fun the stuffed toys can be to take, as they are mostly unarticulated it can be quite the challenge to get the angles right.  (and I needed to hide the tag on her body too  LOL).

Today's photo is a proper one of Violet as I de-boxed her today.  She was a birthday present, but it's been a busy few weeks and I wanted to get a proper set of photos with her.

This is Violet with the lovely pansies in the planter box on the front porch.  Her outfit is shades of purple & grey, it's a bit hard to tell in this one, but the pattern on her hat is hearts.  And she has the tradtional (and forum-favourite) striped socks  Tongue
[Image: 139964_760.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
She looks quite taken by the flowers. They are pretty ones.
The muted lavender and grey hues of the costume are quite becoming, dynamically contrasted by vibrant yellow striped socks!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Oooh, she's adorable!

Quote:contrasted by vibrant yellow striped socks!

Hmmm, I'm seeing black and white socks (or possibly very pale yellow/ cream instead of white)... which one of our monitors is playing tricks on us?
(02-21-2022, 07:17 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: ... which one of our monitors is playing tricks on us?

Could be cream color enhanced by a warm tint to the light, but they look yellow on my iMac monitor.
I can settle this, seeing as I’m looking right at Violet. Her stockings are off white and black definitely not yellow. If she did have yellow and black socks she may have had to fight Evie to keep them, because those are Tiger colours!
Strange – I’m looking at the pic on an iPad now and the socks still look yellow to me. Not bright Richmond yellow, but rather like a pale lemon yellow. So thank you for providing first hand, or first eyes, clarification.
Cute. It's a nice colour combination and yes, the hearts are visible. And yay for deboxing! smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
As Elfy said, her socks are cream & black - I wonder if it’s a reflection of the planter box? The light was afternoon sunlight, but not direct.

Isn’t it weird the difference in screen/monitor makes - it come up quite a bit in the knitting world, that the dyer does their best to represent the colour accurately in the screen but differences may occur due to the monitors
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Feel a touch unmotivated this week, so a quick snap of one of the new dolls.

This is Comfy Squad Belle - who is totally wired on the iced coffee she's just had  LOL

[Image: 140557_760.jpg]

She's based on the the princesses from the Ralph Wrecks the Internet film - I also have a Mulan as a figurine.
I don’t remember her being quite that wired in the film, but it has been a while since we saw it.
Caffeine junky Disney princess?
The slightly cross-eyed ex-pression is cute. I’ve never seen any of the Ralph films; are they worthwhile?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Backing up just a tad (excuse me) but what kind of dolly is Violet? She's adorable. <3

[Image: tumblr_m2313bJDaG1qfamg6.png][Image: tumblr_lkqzdsu2he1qi6qow.gif][Image: tumblr_lkl6qodkIv1qfamg6.png]
(✿◠‿◠)
[Image: tumblr_inline_mpedggLYdS1qz4rgp.gif]My Flickr
[Image: tumblr_inline_mpedggLYdS1qz4rgp.gif]My Instagram
[Image: tumblr_lqlg8cr6SL1ql1l0v.gif]

R.I.P
1957-2016 ♥
1949-2018 ♥♥