Lejays17 2022 Doll A Week
Ariel was really interested in those shells.
Can't believe I forgot to actually post last week's photo - I took it on time & then something disgtracted me & I didn't end up putting it here!

Here is the crochet doll I bought a few weeks ago - I think dargosmydaddy asked how big she was.  She's standing on the stool outside the laundry where I do a few of the portrait shots, so you can see her height in comparison to the bricks.  She's hanging out with Edward, the hedgehog & plant we bought last weekend.
As she is a Pumpkin doll (that's how the maker refers to her anyway), she is tentatively name Jackie, but that's not completely certain yet.

[Image: 52042132775_878f5971ee_c.jpg]Jackie & Edward by on Flickr

And this week I was uninspired until Elfy was organising his photo - then I thought I could riff on that with Miranda teasing Tristan by copying his "dramatic" posing  LOL

[Image: 52041598566_4bbd24c409_c.jpg]Miranda being mysterious by on Flickr
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Maybe-Jackie is really cute. People are so talented, making these things.
Miranda's dramatic pose accentuates her pretty eyes.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
That pumpkin doll is beyond adorable, and so perfectly autumn-y!

Miranda's a cutie, even as she's teasing Tristan.
Miranda's cape-over-the-face pose reminds me of the Bela Lugosi stand-in actor in the movie Plan 9 From Outer Space.

[Image: lugosi_standin_sm.jpg]

Same angle to the cape where it covers her nose.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I have the feeling that Miranda’s a bit of a Lugosi fan.
We've started into the cold weather, so my EAH Winter dolls took advantage of the "ice pond" tonight.

Ashlynn & Poppy are part of the Ice skating group (the other one was Duchess but I don't have her), and the 3rd member in the photo is part of the Winter Games line - this is Crystal (who was the villian of the story).

[Image: 52061148604_20e8cc35c2_c.jpg]Ever After High by on Flickr
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(05-03-2022, 12:22 PM)davidd Wrote: Miranda's cape-over-the-face pose reminds me of the Bela Lugosi stand-in actor in the movie Plan 9 From Outer Space.

[Image: lugosi_standin_sm.jpg]

Same angle to the cape where it covers her nose.

And this was exactly the look I was going for - I couldn't find the specific picture, but could see it very clearly in my minds'-eye
EAH’s are pretty. I’ve been a little tempted by them in the past. Nice effect with the “ice”. wink
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The table is a great stand in as an ice rink.
Temperatures nipping in to freezing in your hemisphere, and night-time temps still below freezing in my hemisphere. It can only mean one thing: GLOBAL COOLING!

Your contenders to be the New Sonja Henie all share her elfin cuteness. Presuming equivalent skating skills, the decision will come down to the one with the most adorable accent.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(05-10-2022, 11:16 AM)davidd Wrote: Temperatures nipping in to freezing in your hemisphere, and night-time temps still below freezing in my hemisphere. It can only mean one thing: GLOBAL COOLING!

Your contenders to be the New Sonja Henie all share her elfin cuteness. Presuming equivalent skating skills, the decision will come down to the one with the most adorable accent.

Not really freezing here - it doesn’t get to zero very often where we are - but cold enough for me to stop wearing shorts at night after work  LOL

I reckon Crystal could possibly go full-on Tonya Harding given half a chance.  But the other two are far more Sonja Henie  Happy