DeadlyNova's ADAD 2022
You're finding the Disney Animator dolls at thrift stores? That's surprising - I thought they were highly in-demand.

Or... is it that they were highly in demand, but the fad is fading?

She's cute. Although with the blue dress, blue eyes, and blonde hair, I would have thought she was Alice in Wonderland.

(And yes, your yard looks very nice, like a well-maintained golf course!)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Lejays has a few of the toddler dolls. Some of them can be quite cute, others not so. For some reason all Anna (from Frozen) dolls have this soul eating smile.
Behind of the photo comments.

Georgia is so cute, I really hope we get her here soon.

Alice in the teacup - I did something similar with a a Pullip Alice, she had a tea party with all my tea / coffee cups in tge back yard.

Disney Animator dolls are really cute, like you I’m not a huge fan of baby/toddler dolls, but I like these a lot.
I have 4 now, and was delighted to find Mulan recently - I buy mine new though, as there are rarely dolls in the op shops (thrift stores) here.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thank you guys!

@davidd: They're still highly in demand and collectable as far as I know, but I've literally found at least a dozen or more at Goodwill over the last year and a half alone. I have gotten most of the disney princesses and only two of them I bought new(Elsa and Anna back in 2014. Kinda regret it now because I find them the MOST in the thrift stores and have gotten to the point where I have gotten so many that they're the only ones I will no longer buy dupes of, haha. But I did also buy them on my first trip to Disney World, so I can't be too mad).

Lazy photo today. Here is a great thrifting find I found the other day, the Barbie Winter Holiday set from 1995. I love how they are posed in the box and I adore the colors in this set.
[Image: 51813981100_366c1158d7.jpg]ADAD 10/365: Barbie Winter Holiday Set(1995) by Haley, on Flickr
You found that set mint-in-box at a thrift store? Wow!

I know a few people who find good stuff at thrift stores (charity shops), but for myself, all I ever see is absolute junk. It seems to make a big difference where the shops are located - what parts of the country, what cities or towns, and what areas of town. I suppose consistency in checking also pays off.

Congratulations on the fun find! The big question now is: keep it mint in box, or open it up?
I found them at a flea market, actually! The booth I got them from always has a ton of Barbies, and I usually get a couple or at least one every time I go. It's gotten to the point the lady running the booth recognizes me, she got so excited this weekend to show me dolls she didn't have last time, haha.

I'm definitely leaving them in the box. It's always half and half with my Barbies, sometimes I leave them, sometimes I remove them, but I absolutely LOVE how these ones are displayed in the box and I wouldn't dream of taking them out.
What great thrift store and flea market finds! And it's nice that you have a connection with a vendor that might keep you in mind when she gets cool dolls.
They do look nicely displayed in the box, but, I could never leave a doll in the box no matter how nice it looked!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(01-11-2022, 12:31 PM)Alliecat Wrote: What great thrift store and flea market finds!  And it's nice that you have a connection with a vendor that might keep you in mind when she gets cool dolls.  
They do look nicely displayed in the box, but, I could never leave a doll in the box no matter how nice it looked!

But these ones aren’t behind plastic at least.
That’s such a cool find, especially in the box still.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thank you guys! They actually are behind plastic, haha.

For me it really depends on the doll. Like I said, I'm about half and half with Barbies, especially because I mainly collect them because they look pretty. If they are one I want to 'play' more with I will take them out. But with most other dolls besides Barbies I always take them out(especially Pullips....leaving a Pullip in the box seems insane to me.) It's crazy how differently different types of doll collectors feel about this subject. I collect LE Disney Dolls and I unbox them all, but the majority of the collectors of them want to burn you at the stake for removing them from the box, haha.

Another anime figure for today! This one is the ARTFX J figure of Eijirou Kirishima from My Hero Academia! He's one of my favorite characters of all time, and so I have pretty much every single figure of him that exists currently(as far as I know I'm only missing one, but it's a variant of one I already have). I think I might have around 20 different figures of him, but this one is my favorite and also the nicest one!
11/365:
[Image: 51815684249_15eed281b0.jpg]ADAD 11/365: Eijirou Kirishima ARTFX J Figure by Haley, on Flickr
Scary! Looks like he made it thru the fence and is coming after you!
He reminds me of an X-Men character who fought with bones that she pulled from her body, it looked as gross as it sounds, too.
Goodness, he's a scary-looking character...!

(01-12-2022, 10:01 AM)DeadlyNova Wrote: It's crazy how differently different types of doll collectors feel about this subject. I collect LE Disney Dolls and I unbox them all, but the majority of the collectors of them want to burn you at the stake for removing them from the box, haha.
I know, right! If only all the things people disagreed on were so innocuous slash
I'm reminded of "Big Bang Theory" episodes where unboxing figures was a heinous offence.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Scary?? sad sad sad I think he's adorable. He's a hero! He's precious!

@Elfy: There's a character in Naruto who does that too, traumatized me the first time I saw it, haha.

Kirishima here's super power is that his skin hardens like rock!

For today I photographed my newest doll! The new 2022 Designer Limited Edition Mulan doll from ShopDisney!

Mulan is my favorite "princess"(use the term loosely since she's technically not a princess), but I don't have any of the LE dolls of her, because the 17" one is like 400 dollars now and the other 12" ones are all super expensive as well. Been waiting for them to release a new one since I started collecting these dolls. I don't normally collect the 12" LE dolls, but I could not resist her. She is SO beautiful, and her outfit is SO gorgeous, and oh my god I love her. She arrived yesterday, but unfortunately it was after I had already taken my ADAD photo. So she gets today!

So here she is!

12/365:
[Image: 51816876811_d347488f6e.jpg]ADAD 12/365: Designer Mulan by Haley, on Flickr
Bonus:
[Image: 51815926312_4e81ac9c7c.jpg]Designer Mulan by Haley, on Flickr
Oh... niiiice! What a gorgeous incarnation of the Mulan character! That costume is spectacular!
Congratulations on a very special new arrival!