Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Few piccies of Meg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My fully customised Pullip Holly (Meg) is pretty much complete. The only thing left to do is her lips (which will be pink!). She's been re-wigged, re-chipped, & Her face-up has been fully re-done by myself. she has a lip ring piercing, & 4 piercings in each ear. She now also has several nice outfits that fit her style & character smile

Her new face...
[Image: Photo0148.jpg]

Her ear piercings...
[Image: Photo0149.jpg]

Piccies taken today in the garden (woo! sunshine, lol)...
[Image: Photo0163.jpg]
[Image: Photo0159.jpg]
[Image: Photo0185.jpg]

Out of the 3 photo's I took of her in the following pose, this is the only one where u can see me holding her, but it's my favourite out of the 3 - gah! So annoying...
[Image: Photo0183.jpg]

[Image: Photo0180.jpg]
[Image: Photo0190.jpg]
[Image: Photo0172.jpg]

Bonus of Erin looking beautiful - I adore her in this outfit <3
[Image: Photo0158.jpg]

Hope you liked them smile

(apologies for my crap camera!)
Love the way you've styled her, she looks really nice, and I'm not usually a fan of face piercings on Pullips so that's saying something! XD I especially like the fourth picture down, she looks sassy in that one!
Thank you smile

The 4th one down is one of my favourites too, she is very sassy by nature, so it captures her really well!
She is adorable! I love her style! You did a great job with her!
she looks awesome, I love her eyes, freckles, earrings, hair ... you did a wonderful job smile

Erin 's outfit is really lovely smile
Thanks both smile I'm so pleased with how both girls have turned out.
OMG! Meg is an absolute cutie! You've done a wonderful job!
She looks great! How did you do her ear piercings?
Both your customs have a LOT of personality! I really like the last photo of Meg, and of course your mini-me Erin is gorgeous. Oh my god I'm usually such a "stock" lover but you really made me feel like I'm missing out on customs yay I have almost all the tools I need I just have to find the time now! This post is really giving me a push to start, especially since I think you're new to Pullips like me and yet look at you how fast you started customizing and how far along you've come already grin I should take the plunge too!
(10-11-2010, 09:58 AM)bdarkness Wrote: [ -> ]She looks great! How did you do her ear piercings?

Thank you smile I used a tiny dremel drill bit (minus the drill), you put them against the dolls ear then keep turning them until they go all the way through - easy peasy! You do have to be careful about the angle you use though, cuz I did them too far in the first time round & the metal loops wouldn't open far enough! So you have to make sure the 2 holes are the right width apart to fit the ring through...if that makes sense??

(10-11-2010, 01:56 PM)NectarineFire Wrote: [ -> ]Both your customs have a LOT of personality! I really like the last photo of Meg, and of course your mini-me Erin is gorgeous. Oh my god I'm usually such a "stock" lover but you really made me feel like I'm missing out on customs yay I have almost all the tools I need I just have to find the time now! This post is really giving me a push to start, especially since I think you're new to Pullips like me and yet look at you how fast you started customizing and how far along you've come already grin I should take the plunge too!

ah I'm so glad I inspired you! smile I am new to Pullips, yes. I got Erin in.....May or June I think?? I always planned to customise her into a mini-me (I'm pretty fearless when it comes to trying things like that, so I didn't actually worry that it was my first attempt & I might muck it up - oops! lol), & I then planned to get another girl to turn into Meg (I only had a rough idea of long dark plaits, green eyes & freckles, but I didn't know what style I wanted for her yet). The next few characters I have in mind are based on stock dolls though, on their hair & face-up rather than their stock clothes. although I'd love to get Shan-ria & Lunatic queen & keep them completely stock...... anyhoo, I'm rambling! Looking forward to seeing how you get on with customising! smile
She is very cute, and I love the punk-ish style she's rocking. It makes me think she's a little bit of a rebel wink
Thanks! smile

She is a rebel. Very headstrong, opinionated, rebellious, sassy, independant, & used to getting her own way! She's a bit of a 'one' for any rocky/punk styled guy! She likes to lead them up the garden path, get them eating out of her hands then ditch them. but one will come along eventually who she'll really get to like...after a lot of fighting it wink
She looks amazing! I love her style and she is just a very beautiful girl!!
Thank you smile

Can I just ask you guys, I was looking at the pictures yesterday, do her freckles look too regimented? do I need to spread them out & space them out a bit better?
The actual placement of the freckles looks fine to me, but if you're open to modifying them in some way, I'd suggest changing their color for a slightly more natural look? At the moment they're a tad too dark and the color seems to be an olive green (but that could be due to the camera not picking up the color properly or my screen screwing around with the tone). Also, in the first photo there is a largish freckle on the bridge of her nose that looks like the paint might have been applied too thickly. Maybe thinning the paint you use next time would result in a more subtle paint job?

Hope you don't mind my observations and take them as constructive criticism as I do love the overall look you've achieved with your dolls. ^^
Pages: 1 2