Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: My First Pullip! :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Meet Ali! She's smaller than I'd expected lol, but beautiful. As soon as I put her wig on (thanks CrazyKimochi) and got her in some clothes, I fell in love with her! She's exactly what I was looking for!
[Image: 5236756546_f10532774d_z.jpg]

Some of my favorite ponies decided to meet her and make her feel welcome!
[Image: 5236163409_e54a55bda6_z.jpg]

Ali: This one followed me home, can I keep her?
Me: *facepalm*
[Image: 5236162747_05e9c6038d_z.jpg]
You guys weren't kidding about dolls having personalities! As soon as I posed her with the ponies, she decided that she liked Baby Wiggles and wanted to keep her! Less than 10 minutes in my home and my doll is a pony collector too. Great. LOL!

Name: Aleidis (uh-LIE-diss), but she goes by Ali
Base: Hello Kitty
Arrival Date: December 5, 2010
Wig: Crobidoll CRWL-25, Mellow Cream
Bio: Ali is often quiet around new people, but once she's comfortable with them, she is quite the chatterbox! She has a lot of energy and can be a bit clumsy at times and she doesn't always think before she speaks, but her heart is in the right place. She loves all animals and being outside. She can be adventurous, but she also likes to relax.

She was purchased to become a mini-me doll, but I felt weird giving her the same name as me, so I decided to use my middle name: Aleidis. But when she got here, the name wasn't 100% right, so I decided to give her a nickname (and a name that I actually decided to use for myself one summer when I was younger): Ali. It fits her perfectly! I bought her a used wig that's fairly close to my own hair color and eventually she will get a handful of light freckles and dark blue/grey eyechips (and probably an obitsu, as her right wrist has a crack and I have a tiny rubber band from my braces days holding it together).

My camera sucks, so I took these pics on my iPhone... hopefully I will be able to afford a good camera soon and I can take better quality pics of her smile

I bought her on eBay and I know that I'm at least her third owner. I'm a little curious as to who used to own her! The eBay seller used to be a member here and bought her on an obitsu, which apparently broke (which is why she's on a random type 3 now). Does anyone remember selling an obitsu'd Hello Kitty a while ago to sakana_hime? Because I have your doll now and I love her!!! Heart
Awwww... she's too cute! grin
Woo! First Pullips are so exciting! smile

*waves @ Zennabug* These dolls are the reason I've not been on the MLP arena in an age, collecting them has completely taken over my mlp collecting sad But I hope to be able to afford to do both one day smile

Your girl is gorgeous, my Erin is a mini-me, but I felt weird giving her my name too, & I don't like my middle name (Louise - eurgh), so she's Erin instead! Looking forward to seeing lots more piccies.
Thanks, I'm so happy to finally have her! Heart *waves back to Lilcurly* I'm still primarily a MLP collector, but I have a small collection and I only buy ponies that I fall in love with. So I often go a few months without buying any and then end up buying several lol. It makes it easier for me to have both though. During pony lulls, I can buy stuff for Ali! Tongue
Congrats on your new girl!!!!
(12-07-2010, 03:05 AM)ZennaBug Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I'm so happy to finally have her! Heart *waves back to Lilcurly* I'm still primarily a MLP collector, but I have a small collection and I only buy ponies that I fall in love with. So I often go a few months without buying any and then end up buying several lol. It makes it easier for me to have both though. During pony lulls, I can buy stuff for Ali! Tongue

I was a set completer, buying every little accessory & wanting every pony! lol, saying that though, most of my ponies are still in boxes from where I moved, so once my shelves are up & they're all out again the bug might just bite me once more wink

(12-07-2010, 03:47 AM)Lilcurly Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2010, 03:05 AM)ZennaBug Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I'm so happy to finally have her! Heart *waves back to Lilcurly* I'm still primarily a MLP collector, but I have a small collection and I only buy ponies that I fall in love with. So I often go a few months without buying any and then end up buying several lol. It makes it easier for me to have both though. During pony lulls, I can buy stuff for Ali! Tongue

I was a set completer, buying every little accessory & wanting every pony! lol, saying that though, most of my ponies are still in boxes from where I moved, so once my shelves are up & they're all out again the bug might just bite me once more wink

Yeah, I can see that being expensive and exhausting lol. I only have like 52 ponies and about 30 of those are from when I was a little kid. I've only bought 20-25 ponies since I started collecting and it's been almost 2 years. I need a good display for them though! And I need to figure out where Ali will live, she may just chill with the ponies once I get my shelves set up Tongue
It was very expensive, but nowhere near as expensive as my Pullip girls! Spoiled madams that they are smile lol. I have about 250-300 ponies...all bought within the last 5-6 years! My girls have a couple of shelves of their own at the mo, but they shared the pony shelves at first. I think your girl looks quite at home with the ponies smile & I suspect she'll end up just as spoiled as my girls wink
She probably will smile My grandma is a whiz at making doll clothes (she made all the outfits for my mom's Skipper dolls when she was a kid and then most of my American Girl Doll clothes when I was younger) and I'm going to send Ali's body to her for patterns and outfits! As soon as the obitsu I ordered her today arrives, that is Tongue
Congratulations your first girl Happy love the second pic, so cute Tongue
Thanks! smile