Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Pony hair re-roots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone here do pony hair re-roots? If so how would you charge?
I have about three ponies in need of new hair and tails.
I recently bought a rerooting tool and learned how to rehair (literally last week). It's actually quite easy. I would recommend trying it out yourself. It saves shipping ponies back and forth and having to pay someone.
I reroot monster highs so the concepts pretty similar. i found using a rehairing tool works like a treat smile
(04-08-2013, 09:46 PM)Midori_Keiko Wrote: [ -> ]I reroot monster highs so the concepts pretty similar. i found using a rehairing tool works like a treat smile

Where did you get your re-rooting tool? I've been using a ghetto style homemade one that breaks needles every five or ten minutes. I just don't know if I want to spring for the one off of dollyhair. If you think it's worth it though, then I would give it a shot.
I think I actually might have a re-rooting tool laying around if you want it, it just hurts my hands too much to do full re-roots anymore.
(04-08-2013, 11:53 PM)ByronicHeroine Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2013, 09:46 PM)Midori_Keiko Wrote: [ -> ]I reroot monster highs so the concepts pretty similar. i found using a rehairing tool works like a treat smile

Where did you get your re-rooting tool? I've been using a ghetto style homemade one that breaks needles every five or ten minutes. I just don't know if I want to spring for the one off of dollyhair. If you think it's worth it though, then I would give it a shot.

i bought it online, i think dollhair website sells one.
also try looking on ebay smile
I have one from custompony, they sell hair too. Although I've found that dollyhair has great matches. For me, putting in a new tail was much easier than the mane hair.