Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Show your new Doll!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-15-2016, 08:47 AM)DeadlyNova Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the new dolls, everyone!! <3 They're all very cute!!

I especially love your new Isul, Severity. OMG what a cutie pie!

I had a lovely little package arrive in the mail today. <3
For a while I was trying to say I was content because I had most of my grail dolls from when I first got into dolls, but that wasn't entirely true as I've wanted Cornice for eight years. And now I have her. Woo!
Meet Elizabeth Marie Takklin. More commonly known as Dante.
SHE'S GORGEOUS AND PERFECT AAAHHH.
[Image: 30241060541_9560296b05_z.jpg]Dante by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 30326630125_c371a4813b_z.jpg]Dante by Haley, on Flickr

She looks awesome, great wig.

(10-15-2016, 11:03 AM)renlee83 Wrote: [ -> ]Lovely additions to your doll families, everyone. My Hana Ayame arrived home today and she is so stunning in person. Since we are moving in under two months, I'm tempted to keep her boxed up...and it's driving me nuts already. smile

[Image: xatgex.jpg]

Congrats Hana Ayame is a great doll one of the many beautiful Dals. Her stock is amazing enjoy the layer of beautiful patterns. I did notice on mine that her okobo sandles were kinda tacky to the touch, so I ended up putting small basic white socks to prevent any plastic chemical contact while on display. Could just be mine though.
Thank you guys for the congrats! <3 Amelia is the same skintone as tan MIO, right? If so then Cornice is indeed very similar in skintone. I think her undertone is just a bit browner.

Congrats on Hanaayame, Renlee! Good luck on deciding whether to keep her boxed up for now or not. wink Don't let her convince you to let her out if you don't think that's what you should do!
Got my Pullip Fox this passed Sat. I'm a very happy camper. The doll was close to getting on my holy grail list. She was in pullistyle earlier this year and I kept putting her off. And she hasn't been back. So I found her on ebay for the same price. Maybe pullistyle will get her back in I don't know, but I didn't want to take a chance in her becoming another holy grail doll. I think she is beautiful. I don't know why I kept putting her off. She has one of the most stunning face ups I have seen.

[Image: 30309112631_4ef8713334.jpg]The Fox by Doll Parts, on Flickr
Wow she is pretty! I like seeing all these Pullips out of either a)Bad stock photos or b)Overly-processed photos. What a lovely addition. Congrats. Her dress is such a beautiful print.
(10-18-2016, 09:45 AM)renlee83 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow she is pretty! I like seeing all these Pullips out of either a)Bad stock photos or b)Overly-processed photos. What a lovely addition. Congrats. Her dress is such a beautiful print.

Thank you very happy with this one. I agree I like people's photos better they give you a real feel for the doll than stock photos.
First Obitsu on a Little Dal, Romantic White Rabbit. Loving her to bits.
[Image: 5xvrlc.jpg]
[Image: 30305516402_98119bea17.jpg]

[Image: 30305516132_718b41f3ac.jpg]

i got my taeyang grell today!

but his hands and feet are soft, shiny, rubbery and sticky... i'm not sure if other people have this problem? picture below for comparison with other taeyang's hands and feet..

[Image: 30305028292_3a34421b1b.jpg]

i tried to wash out the stickiness with water and soap and .... it peeled D:

[Image: 30386081506_e34922c7f6.jpg]

i don't know what to do now.
Wow, never seen that peeling before! I usually sprinkle baby powder on sticky plastic.
ohh! i should have done that. thanks, note taken. i think i will let it peel it off then see.
(10-19-2016, 05:42 PM)enofelli Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 30305516402_98119bea17.jpg]

[Image: 30305516132_718b41f3ac.jpg]

i got my taeyang grell today!

but his hands and feet are soft, shiny, rubbery and sticky... i'm not sure if other people have this problem? picture below for comparison with other taeyang's hands and feet..

[Image: 30305028292_3a34421b1b.jpg]

i tried to wash out the stickiness with water and soap and .... it peeled D:

[Image: 30386081506_e34922c7f6.jpg]

i don't know what to do now.

:O Oh my goodness. I've never heard of this happening before! I wonder if they changed the plastic?! :O Oh my.
me too! i've owned about a dozen taeyangs in the past and this is the first time i've seen sticky feet and hands.....that peel when i wash them.
Oh my, I never seen any Taeyang like this before! To me it looks like they painted over his hands and feet. o_o Why on earth, did they do that? Maybe the skin didn't match so they decided it would be easier to paint it? I really have no clue... I am sorry that this happened. sad

To make shoes I painted less sticky I either apply a matte glue or sealant. It works pretty well and doesn't harm the paint. The sealant will harden the plastic as the glue will keep it more flexible. I hope that helps.
oh no i am so sorry about the hands. but he is so adorable
(10-20-2016, 05:15 AM)Doll Angel (Janeen F) Wrote: [ -> ]Oh my, I never seen any Taeyang like this before! To me it looks like they painted over his hands and feet. o_o Why on earth, did they do that? Maybe the skin didn't match so they decided it would be easier to paint it? I really have no clue... I am sorry that this happened. sad

To make shoes I painted less sticky I either apply a matte glue or sealant. It works pretty well and doesn't harm the paint. The sealant will harden the plastic as the glue will keep it more flexible. I hope that helps.

His "painted" skin is the same tone as his body, but the skin underneath that is the same tone as his face. It is not much difference, just a little bit paler.

Is the sealant something like mr super clear?

(10-20-2016, 10:25 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: [ -> ]oh no i am so sorry about the hands. but he is so adorable

Thank you, he is adorable ^^ LOL
(10-20-2016, 10:41 AM)enofelli Wrote: [ -> ]Is the sealant something like mr super clear?

That should work just fine, as long as it is matte it should do the trick.