Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Show your new Doll!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cosmicheart: thanks so much!! ^^ he really is so different to how I expected! But in a good way!

Scarlettrose: thank you ^^ that's so kind! I think I'm falling in love with them too!

Buzzingbumblebee: thank you so much for your sweet comment, Rei is so gorgeous! I hope you're able to get him someday!
[Image: 11841898115_b2c5c014a6_o.jpg]

My boys are here. I was disappointed in Ni-Ya's wig quality, the detailing on Rayne's jacket just peeled right off and I can't get Wati's feet out of his boots. sad
Ah what beautiful boys!

A shame about the quality issues but at least it's nothing major. smile

His boots do look tricky, is there no slit at the back? I've broken two taeyang ankles from trying to get shoes off. >_<
Oooo everyones getting new Taes. I had some problems with Rayne's stock too. His holster fell apart and one of his shin guards did too. Aside from that, I loves him. His skin tone is awesome, but I'm super bias. I hope you can get Wati's boots off eventually. Does his faceup live up to expectations at least?
supernova - They do but his feet are stuck under where the slit is. :/

BH - Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who had stock issues with Rayne. And I do love his skin tone too. smile Ni-Ya's faceup is amazing in person and I'm sure if I did the boiled water treatment to his wig it would fix the issues I have with it.
Lyric, taking a small pair of scissors and deepening the slit down to the heel may work. I had to do that do a pair of J-doll shoes when my Ddalgi's feet got stuck in them; I was scared of snapping her ankles if I pulled any harder o.O

It shouldn't ruin the shoe (or the doll!) either so long as you're careful (and it's only visible from the back anyway Tongue). Just an idea.

Your boys are so handsome! Gosh, Wati is a real stunner in person. I guess his wig always put me off but in your photo it actually looks great on him.
I also advocate cutting the boots in the back to help with shoe changes. I've unfortunately broken one Tae ankle before, and I drove myself crazy finding a replacement. Replacement Taeyang parts used to be hard to come by.

Congrats on the trio of handsome boys!
Congrats on the new guys, lyricsoul! I agree that Ni-Ya's wig is kind of sucky, but I've gotten to the point that I don't expect much from stock wigs. I have a box cutter I keep with my doll stuff for the purpose of slitting the backs of shoes. I mean how often does anyone see them from the back and it is so worth not causing the dreaded ankle snap.
Three handsome fellows, lyric! Congrats!

Look who arrived today in all her nefariousness.

[Image: 11847659154_c096b92b01_z.jpg]
Principessa (original) by vadafade, on Flickr
Congrats, she looks amazing!
Wow, she looks fantastic! I never knew her lashes were so pretty.
Oooh! Congrats on Princi--she's so epic in all her sinister glory!
grin
Thanks, guys!

(01-09-2014, 03:00 PM)KiraKira Wrote: [ -> ]she's so epic in all her sinister glory!
grin

Haha, isn't she?! That's the perfect way to describe her!

ETA: What's amazing to me about this particular Princi is that she has virtually zero melt on her neck and original Type 2 body. However, I can tell that, at some point, someone sealed her silicone upper torso with MSC -- it feels totally different than my Assa's Type 2 body, which is horrifically melt-tastic. Princi's torso is quite stiff, not supple or soft like usual. Somewhere along the line, one of her owners must have learned about the chemical melt issue and proactively sprayed her, which seems to have worked! She's in absolute mint condition!

ETA 2: Lyric, it took me a long time to get my Wati out of his boots, too. I had to just do it really slowly, really gingerly, warming up the rubber with my hands (as much as possible) as I went. I may have also deepened the cut down the back of the boots with an exacto knife; I don't remember because it was a long time ago. Just take it slow and careful, maybe employ a hairdryer and a knife, and you can do it!
Thanks everyone for the tips. I'll definitely try it out! smile And yes Wati's awesome in person. I have to say out of the three boys he's quickly become my favorite. I like his wig and I don't like his wig. I like the dreadlock look but the little curly bangs are kinda dumb. lol

Congrats Vada on Princi! I can't wait to see how she fits in to your pic fic/family.
So Rei arrived the other day, her lips....were in a pretty bad shape, no idea what they used but damp cloth wasn't doing anything. I used some fine sandpaper but that started taking off her original colour. Any recommendations on what to do?

Also her hair is a bit bleh what do you need to do to make the wig a bit nicer?

I'll show some pictures when I've dealt with her lips. x3