Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Show your new Doll!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Both Hansie and I say thank you Kanrabat and fairywarriorcat! blush
she's HERE!!!! And a few days early! 

[Image: 49775359611_9d0e0842d5.jpg]
Here she is sitting on top of my drawings 

She is a dream. I know I will be changing up her look in the future and some of the J-dolls are going to be sharing her stock but for now I'm simply enjoying her. In my mind I've named her Tara
Yay! Congrats on the new arrivals, everyone!
(04-15-2020, 11:34 AM)fairywarriorcat Wrote: [ -> ]she's HERE!!!! And a few days early! 

That's great! All she need now is a stand.
Craziia is one magnificent doll. One day...

For now, I'll have to stick with my mini, she and her weird habit at dropping off her skirt randomly.  Whacked
From the streets of L.A. to rainy Massachusetts, arrives this beauty. I'm surprised I held off buying her for so long, because when I opened her up I instantly fell in love. 
[Image: 49827030797_ecf84241c2.jpg]
The outfit and hair weren't my favorite in the J-Doll line. I'm surprised by how soft her hair is, and what a nice coppery color it is. As for the side bang things, I can push them behind a headband temporarily. And thus is completed my trio of darker complexioned J-Dolls (I wish they made more...)
[Image: 49826715426_5cbbebc558.jpg]

Her name is Shirley and she's the group's resident heavy metal rocker chick, which actually fits well with her stock outfit. Now I just need to get her a 1/6 scale guitar 

[Image: 49827029957_baf9c6f38e.jpg]
And here are the rest of the J-Dolls! 

And as a bonus, she has no squeaky joints!
Very pretty. Congrats. Always nice to see another "J" fan enjoying them. I like the darker tone too; they're easier to photograph in bright light. Guess I didn't know how many there were.
There are a bunch of cute 1:6 instruments on eBay, but I've found both guitars I have, although billed as 1:6, look a little oversized for J-Dolls. They seem more in proportion with the Pullips' big heads.
(My Anglais has terrifyingly stiff and squeaky hips! LOL )
What draws me to J-Dolls is that they look like mini BJDs with the inset eyes and more realistic faces, but without the ex-pense or having to meticulously care for them so the resin doesn't get messed up. And I like the concept of them representing different countries, even if I end up making up different backstories for them.
SHE'S HERE!!!

[Image: 6p05lJ7.jpg]

Complete unboxing and review:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7263136
Ahh, brilliant!
After almost two months in governmental post services limbo, one of my two long awaited Mandarake package have finally arrived.

[Image: W8Sx1Dg.jpg]

Transformers Wheeljack is a tag-along that I talk about in the "Others" thread.

I always wanted a Pullip Noir and Anne. However, I always found the price of the full sized dolls way too ekusupensivu for what they offer. But MONTHS ago, I saw both minis pop in at the same time from the same seller and I jumped on them when I saw the price.

[Image: ujH1gwo.jpg]

Anne is magnificent. just perfect. Noir have a bad case of the Frizz but it's to be ekusupekutedu from a first gen mini. Both don't come with a stand at all for reasons. So for now, I'll do something that I'm not used to... Leave them in box.

Noir in the Freak Circus:

[Image: kXXQL92.jpg]
Quality picture!

And Anne in the "romantic" section:

[Image: sDJ5wts.jpg]

To unbox or not to unbox? It's a stand question. May be weeks or months before I can get some. In the meantime, they will at least be protected and they will stand in their standless box.
Noir looks good in her packaging tube there as part of the Freak Circus. She's like one of those old time sideshow attractions in jars of formaldehyde.
(06-16-2020, 02:00 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Noir looks good in her packaging tube there as part of the Freak Circus. She's like one of those old time sideshow attractions in jars of formaldehyde.

D'ohohoho!
I had that exact same thought!

That Noir is in her tube filled with some unknown liquid, unmoving, unblinking. She have the patience of a enlightened Buddhist master. Then some member of the public pass by. She creepily follow them with her eyes. When the quidam freak out a bit and point the mysterious creature to their friend, Noir's eyes quickly reset into a neutral position. The couple come closer to the tube to examine the mysterious thing closer... And then... at the perfect time...

SILENT SCREAM AND DESPERATE CLAWING ON THE TUBE WALL!!!

The couple then flee in terror!

Little Noir just LOVE that!  LOL 
Then, it's lunch time. So Little Noir come out of her tube, she dry herself up and change, then enjoy a sandwich with her twin sister, R.
They’re both perfect for your collection. I particularly liked the story of Noir being an exhibit in the circus.

I keep looking for an Anne as well, one of my favourite childhood books, but the regular size is too much. I’ll have to look at minis I think.
(06-16-2020, 06:04 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]They’re both perfect for your collection.  I particularly liked the story of Noir being an exhibit in the circus.

I keep looking for an Anne as well, one of my favourite childhood books, but the regular size is too much.  I’ll have to look at minis I think.

The challenge is to find that Anne at a reasonable price. 2000 yen was a very normal price for each minis at Mandarake. So you should monitor that site like a hawk and snatch her when she reappear again. Reasonably priced minis sell quickly over there.
As for Ebay, forget it. Very rarely does the minis are at a reasonable price.

Good luck hunting!
Awww, tiny Noir and Anne look so perfect for your collection

I don't know if this is any help to anyone, but I did see a full size Anne pullip pop up on Mandarake recently...

(I love my Azone Anne and she is perfect to represent the character in my collection, but the ideal to me is still the Takara offering.)