Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Show your new Doll!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Catwoman. NICE!
Does that pleather still hold up?
Ah, she's lovely! Those deep, dark eyes! I'm happy to hear you managed to find her for a reasonable price smile
In this picture she still looks a little shy, or maybejust startled, seeing you're a tad exhausted? I hope since then both of you managed to relaxed a bit, and also that she has told you her name smile
Oh, very cool! I have been tempted by Catwoman Pullip for years! Glad you got one at a good price!

Good to know that elections are being managed by people who have been awake around the clock! That instills so much confidence in the process!  Tongue
Congrats, Alliecat! She's lovely smile
Got myself the FINAL member of my Freak Circus, Black Jack!

It is a Groove Sample. Unfortunately, it's not the cape with the red inside, but still, he's complete with the surgeon get-up.

[Image: nvP0UKQ.jpg]

Too bad for the staned hand though, because otherwise he's awesome.

[Image: 7S4wWYX.jpg]

That's why he's now wearing the Black Butler's gloves.

[Image: zD2xVgT.jpg]

Finally, my Circus is safer with a genius medic on board!

[Image: S8HQ37t.jpg]
Medic? Or magician? Or a bit of both? Sawing ladies in half probably qualifies as "medic."

Your circus troupe has certainly grown since you came up with the idea!
(09-17-2020, 10:13 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Medic? Or magician? Or a bit of both? Sawing ladies in half probably qualifies as "medic."

Your circus troupe has certainly grown since you came up with the idea!

His surgeries are almost like magic. And for a troupe used to fighting the supernatural, it's not a luxury!
Black Jack is one of the main series the GOD OF MANGA, Osamu Tezuka. He's the man who basically  created the manga genre.
The series is pretty awesome. Look it up!

From Aira, who was just supposed to be some sexy girl, to Black Jack, final member of a troupe of 13 members (plus one guess, Skully.)
The Circus indeed went a long way!
Interesting how many "final" members of the team there have been LOL

Thanks all....  Didn't get any photos today because too much else to do, but she'll get a photoshoot sometime soon I hope.  She's my first "dark" doll & I'm really looking forward to "shooting" her in the sun, to see how that goes, in comparison to the pale girls who bleach out.  We just have to fix the bad box hair....
She was NIB but the split partner deboxed & repacked to reduce the shipping cost -- even undressed her to bend her legs to fit in a smaller box, because she doesn't bend very far at all in that suit!  I don't ex-pect she'll be in it too much, & I'm not even gonna try to put the hood on & mess up her hair (which had some "gunk" in it in one spot.  Styling product??).  The outfit is fine, but it is very light, & feels cheap & thin enough that it makes me SMH about Groove's choice of material.  She might as well be wrapped in Saran wrap...

(09-17-2020, 04:21 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Good to know that elections are being managed by people who have been awake around the clock! That instills so much confidence in the process! 
Well, I started the day on 5 hours' sleep, having woken up 2 hours before I needed to & not getting back to sleep.  Then it took long enough to wind down after the rush to pack up at the end (every supervisor's worst problem is people who won't take their time when things are done) it was my own fault that I went to bed very, very late.
And if you think that's bad, you'd love to hear about all the glitches that resulted from a mad scramble from the hastily called election, like not enough kits for workers, wrong computer packed on the mainland in one of our boxes, not very useful training, & a bunch of workers quitting/getting sick/couldn't work/had to be swapped around.  
However, it was nice to have the next level up tell me they assumed I'd do great even without the training class.  No one has called me with questions, so I guess we got 'er done.  Tongue
It's Christmas and in this house that generally means that our Pullip family grows, this year was no exception. This little lady arrived under the tree.

[Image: 06988c0228d651610c230a144bb701a4.jpg]

This is the obligatory inbox photo.

[Image: 63478f98a39e5fd735c18352564e8a2b.jpg]

As well as a stand she comes with a headband, which I will put on at some point, two spears (which I will endeavour not to lose) and a pair of gloves. I've already heard that the gloves are not easy to put on and as shoes are hard enough with Pullips, I probably won't ever put these on her. You may have noticed that she's a Dal, she's our first ever Dal, but she has a cool costume and so much attitude. I just had to have her.

[Image: 0a7c0a9348e2a8d0756c9bc37d60421e.jpg]

Here she is with her spears, ready for action.

[Image: 3eb5b60606934fce8fd26f69743c1d5b.jpg]

Did I mention the attitude?

Her maker name is Sanada Yukimura, the character is from a game and based on an actual samurai, but she has reliably informed me that her real name is Yari, and she very much encourages me and anyone else to use it. It's advice I'm going to take, as she is armed after all.
(12-27-2020, 01:42 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]It's Christmas and in this house that generally means that our Pullip family grows, this year was no exception. This little lady arrived under the tree.

It's been a while since there was a new post here! Nice that you got  a new girl!

And it's a small miracle that her pleather suit survived the years.  Whacked
Well, that's certainly a cool Dal! Or a dangerous Dal! Armor and lots and lots of weapons! Fun stuff!
The pleather has stood up remarkably well, Kanrabat - we were surprised given the issues that everyone else has had recently.

In addition to Yari for Elfy, I recieved this gorgeous girl under the tree.

This is Keres, who will be called Miranda (we thought about Susan, but she's not quite Susan Sto Helit from Discworld, but she is similar).

[Image: 474ef377873000d96df1ce08159da7df.jpg]

Extracted from box - near the lavender

[Image: dac44539909998882233855c45694622.jpg]

Without the cloak
[Image: ca29df9c691d4404e32d8f2dd54fdbcb.jpg]
She looks so otherworldly. Her eyes are absolutely gorgeous, too.
Oh... wow! In person she looks... tempting!

And here I was literally looking at my Pullip crew three days ago and thinking that, yep, I'm done. I don't need any more. (Well, other than... y'know....)
Keres is absolutely magificent!
She is indeed very tempting.