Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Show your new Doll!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-18-2014, 02:49 PM)Severity Wrote: [ -> ]... my mom's MacGyver spa for uncooperative obitsus.

haha! LOL
When I first started looking at Pullips I really did not like Dal's pouty-face, but some of you have some cute ones -- I like Lavinia's expression. Isn't it cute how their faces really do seem to change with a difference in the light or angle. I like hats too smile Good luck with the wig.
Missionary arrived today! He is my first Taeyang and he is absolutely adorable <3 I am naming him Karridin, after my SO's D&D character, who is a dark cleric. [Image: 20140718_205108.jpg]
[Image: 20140718_205305.jpg]

Also, a number of soon-to-be Pullips arrived!
[Image: 20140719_003452.jpg]
The left stack is natural tone and the right stack is pale. I already have characters planned out for all of them. One of the pales is going to be a gift to my SO of a singer he likes, one will be fairy tale themed for next Puddle, and one will be under the sea themed, since I thought for sure it was going to be next year's theme. One of the naturals is going to be my D &D character from the same campaign as Karridin, and the other is going to be a character from a music video.
Also, a number of soon-to-be Pullips arrived!
[Image: 20140719_003452.jpg]

Missionary is gorgeous. Congrats. And your pile of MIOs is so much fun. I look forward to seeing your progress as you work you way through such a great time... creating your own dolls. Exciting!!
Introducing Scarlett...
I know, it's not very original... I was hoping to find a word in some other language that meant 'red' or 'fire', but didn't see anything I liked the sound of as a name. And when she arrived, she looked like a 'Scarlett'.
She is a "Docolla Mukku" -- another doll who is much cuter out of her stock outfit.

Before & after:
[Image: 14536572508_dd3b612923_o.jpg]

[Image: 14536705697_5cba96ec36_o.jpg]

More pix to come when I get time to tinker with them.
I have only just found this thread....congratulations everyone (I have to pitch in somewhere)

And Scarlett I think your name is perfect!
great thread! I am still learning about all the different releases!
Here is my Dal Kanta post-customisation with her original wig and with a new white wig. Trouble with wigs it's hard to decide on a final look!!!

[img][Image: 14531445658_713dce4309_n.jpg]Natural brunette? by liquiriziadolly, on Flickr[/img]

[img][Image: 14717640184_b687fc31eb_n.jpg]White Queen by liquiriziadolly, on Flickr[/img]
Oh gosh I love what you have done with her!
(07-27-2014, 08:22 AM)Little mouse Wrote: [ -> ]Oh gosh I love what you have done with her!
Aww thank you !!! She was perfect out of the box already but you know me... I could not resist the urge to put my imprint on her and make her just a little bit more mine! smile
(07-27-2014, 08:09 AM)liquiriziadolly Wrote: [ -> ]great thread! I am still learning about all the different releases!
Here is my Dal Kanta post-customisation with her original wig and with a new white wig. Trouble with wigs it's hard to decide on a final look!!!

[img][Image: 14531445658_713dce4309_n.jpg]Natural brunette? by liquiriziadolly, on Flickr[/img]

[img][Image: 14717640184_b687fc31eb_n.jpg]White Queen by liquiriziadolly, on Flickr[/img]

Generally I am a sucker for white hair but I think your girl looks best in the brown wig and hazel gold chips. She is precious ! Do you make the chips? The colours are stunning.
Everybody's dolls look great! This is my doll, she's not very new (I got her over a month ago), but I haven't posted on this thread yet.[Image: 14787975901_f2124389d8.jpg] My Pullip Miku by pullip_guestie, on Flickr
I made her hair a little messy accidentally. Some of her hair got pulled out of its pigtail, so someone that I know redid the pigtail. That made the blue string that connected the square thing to the elastic of the pigtail come off, so the square thing is held back by the microphone and headphone set.
liquiriziadolly, just wow! They look like such fine artwork~ delicate and beautifully done Heart

Pullip Guestie, I'm guessing she's your first? Tongue
Anyway, congrats on getting her! Her hair is quite a handful, but I like seeing all that teal.
(08-01-2014, 08:47 PM)beajjai033 Wrote: [ -> ]Pullip Guestie, I'm guessing she's your first? Tongue
Anyway, congrats on getting her! Her hair is quite a handful, but I like seeing all that teal.
Yes, she is my first Pullip (and my only one). Thanks for congratulating me! It is hard to manage her hair when you're positioning her on the stand or you're posing her.
Well, after over a year of looking at full-size Pullips & trying to choose a first one, TWO girls arrived within two days of each other. Wheee!
Peter Pan went around 3 times on eBay -- I can't believe there were two non-paying bidders on consecutive listings of the same item. Anyway, after getting sniped on my first try, *I* sniped her on her 3rd time up.
When I thought PP was gone, before she was relisted I had found Date Masamune for relatively cheap. I was amazed at the owner photos. It was cheaper to get her from Junky Spot's website & have them ship her to my friends from the States, who brought her over last week.
Both of these girls are quite under-rated, & it was owner photos which showed me what potential they had smile
They've come at a ridiculously busy time, & I've barely had time to do anything with them except a few poorly lit middle-of-the-night photos. They haven't even been out for a real photoshoot. The biggest adventure they've had so far is getting knocked off a bookcase by an overgrown palm tree on its way to be repotted!

[Image: 14791847216_41cf25a137_o.jpg]
A little too much armament in the house...?
Perhaps it's typical of someone who's into Age of Sail history to get dolls with swords...? Tongue
A huge congratz to you Alliecat LOL !
Peter Pan is one of the only type 4 Pullips I really like, she's such a sweetie Heart
Congratulations on getting your first dolls, Alliecat!