Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: A Visit to Silent Hill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So back in 2012 on the way back from a convention my friends and I visited Centralia, PA, which is one of the places that inspired the video game Silent Hill. Kyouka usually ends up being my travel buddy, so of course I had to get some photos of her there.

[Image: 16007059447_80fe5ddb7d_z.jpg]

[Image: 16006787749_438b2e81cc.jpg]

[Image: 16006787689_e88081d85b.jpg]

[Image: 16005390748_85dd1e4813.jpg]
Interesting style.
Oh, is she the same with your avatar? xD
(01-06-2015, 03:10 PM)bluemoon Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting style.
Oh, is she the same with your avatar? xD

Yes, Kyouka is the doll in my avatar.
Ahhhh I want to visit there so badly! I'm not familiar with Silent Hill, but I just saw Centralia featured on a program from the travel channel - and the guy was walking down a street covered in graffiti - and it just looked so -pretty-, I immediately wanted to go there and take pictures. (Well, get a proper camera first!)

I'm just really fascinated with abandoned places, urban decay, and pollution. (Whenever I tell people that they say I should move to Detroit. I am never amused.)

Anyway, did you have any problems getting in and getting around in Centralia?
(01-07-2015, 02:37 AM)Severity Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, did you have any problems getting in and getting around in Centralia?

Well most of the town you can drive through just fine. The road where I took pictures is blocked off. So you have to find the opening along side the new main road and then park there, then walk a little bit to get on to the abandoned cracked road. My friends are the ones who knew how to find it.

[Image: 15577283164_302f772c6f_c.jpg]

[Image: 16173843736_8ca4400cd0_c.jpg]
So cool! Kyouka matches the eerie scenery perfectly!
Oh cool! That is the road featured in the show I watched. Thanks for the info; Centralia is on my to-visit list for sure!
I agree with kitten-squid, it almost is as if Kyouka is like a little lost spirit haunting that place. :O (I mean that in a good way! I think it looks really cool!)
(01-08-2015, 01:13 PM)PullipPrincess Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with kitten-squid, it almost is as if Kyouka is like a little lost spirit haunting that place. :O (I mean that in a good way! I think it looks really cool!)

Well she was originally going to be my little ghost girl, so it works. Her instagram name is Ghostly_Kyouka. Even though she isn't a ghost I still kept her along the lines of my creepy occult loving girl.