Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: A Girl Reinvented!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This past couple of weeks or so, I had been working on a whole new faceup for Lotus, my Nahh Ato. :3 I really loved her the way she was and had planned on keeping her completely stock and getting a second Nahh Ato that was bald/nude/custom bait to customize, but I just had no luck in finding one and..... I became really impatient. ^^; On a whim, I ended up grabbing her and wiping her faceup entirely, and then immediately bought her a new wig, some eyechips, and a completely new outifit! This was only my second full custom doll that I've done, with Amethyst being the first, and I really wanted to further challenge myself this time around. I actually struggled a lot with her faceup, but I didn't stop until I was happy with the outcome. ^^;

She went from this:

[Image: Lotus%20Before_zps3kkiqphi.jpg]

Then to this.....

[Image: faceup%20wip_zpssvt3zs53.jpg]

Then this and this....

[Image: faceup%20finished_zpsjlujgldg.jpg]

[Image: Bald%20Candy_zpsb2amucwy.jpg]

(Sorry for the bad lighting, these pictures were taken pretty late at night and my indoor lighting is terrible...)

Until finally, she was all put together and finished! (Well, mostly, anyway. I plan to carve her wink bars eventually so she can hold her eyes shut, but that won't be done until much later.)

[Image: Sweet%20Candy_zpsspr7jst9.jpg]

[Image: Sugar%20and%20Spice%202_zpss6mddtra.jpg]

I'm mostly amazed with how unrecognizable she is now. LOL I have to say, I don't think the name Lotus exactly suits her anymore, so I've been trying to think of a different one for her. My husband had suggested Candy, and I think it's kind of cute, but I'm not sure if it quite works for her. It just doesn't seem to be sticking for me, so I'm open to any suggestions if anyone has any!
So cute! She is a totally different now, these tiny freckles are my favourite part of the face up. The colours are overall beautiful and I love the lip shape too. smile
I love her full lips! She is so so adorable! To me she kinda looks like a Penelope
Oooh, great job!

I can see where your husband is coming from with Candy, but maybe something like Dolce/Dulce would be along the same lines but more fitting her exotic roots?
She's lovely! You've done an amazing job smile I also agree that something along the lines of Candy, Dolce... Sweetie? I've just made a flickr account and you're my first follow by the way LOL that's how big a fan I am of your girls lol Heart
Beautiful! Such cute work! smile

As for a name, what about Marzipan?
(06-01-2015, 08:10 PM)martah Wrote: [ -> ]So cute! She is a totally different now, these tiny freckles are my favourite part of the face up. The colours are overall beautiful and I love the lip shape too. smile

Thank you so much~! yay I've always wanted at least one doll with freckles just for something a bit different, so I figured since I don't plan on getting Pullip Meg for quite some time, why not just add some freckles to one of my own dolls? ^.^

(06-01-2015, 10:07 PM)Pink Haired Freak Wrote: [ -> ]I love her full lips! She is so so adorable! To me she kinda looks like a Penelope

Thank you. ^.^ Her lips are my favorite thing about her, too. :3 They were a pain to paint for me, personally, just because I get impatient during the process of going back and forth between adding layers of paint and then sanding them down, but I do like how they turned out. x3 And Penelope is a cute name, but I'm saving that one for another doll I have in mind. ^^;

(06-02-2015, 12:56 AM)scrapsoflife Wrote: [ -> ]Oooh, great job!

I can see where your husband is coming from with Candy, but maybe something like Dolce/Dulce would be along the same lines but more fitting her exotic roots?

Thanks! :3 Ooh! I really like Dolce! yay It definitely seems to be closer to the frillier types of names that I tend to favor.

(06-02-2015, 03:40 AM)Jencut Wrote: [ -> ]She's lovely! You've done an amazing job smile I also agree that something along the lines of Candy, Dolce... Sweetie? I've just made a flickr account and you're my first follow by the way LOL that's how big a fan I am of your girls lol Heart

Aww, thank you! :3 I'm so glad you think so and that you like them so much~! blush And I followed you back on flickr! Lols!

(06-02-2015, 04:26 AM)fishy Wrote: [ -> ]Beautiful! Such cute work! smile

As for a name, what about Marzipan?

Thank you lots! That makes me really happy! Also, Marzipan is a cute and pretty unique name. ^.^ Hmm... Now I'm kind of stuck between Dolce and Marzipan. I'll have to think about it a little, I guess. :3
I second Marzipan, and Mars is a cute nickname and she looks otherworldly (in the best possible way!) I love all the details and especially her lips! I have very pointy Cupid's bow lips and doing lipstick on my upper lip is torture, so I'm just super impressed with how you painted it! Lovely. smile
(06-02-2015, 01:12 PM)Severity Wrote: [ -> ]I second Marzipan, and Mars is a cute nickname and she looks otherworldly (in the best possible way!) I love all the details and especially her lips! I have very pointy Cupid's bow lips and doing lipstick on my upper lip is torture, so I'm just super impressed with how you painted it! Lovely. smile

Lols! Thank you so much. :3 I hadn't thought of using Mars as a nickname for Marzipan, but that's kind of neat sounding. I think that I'm really leaning toward Dolce though, because I'm a little bit biased since there's a character in Rune Factory 4 that's named that and I really love her character. ^^;
I'm super happy that you like the work I did on her. It was a bit of a challenge painting her lips that way, since I'm actually not all that skilled at painting, really, but I was just so glad to get them looking the way I wanted them to. yay
Wauw she is beautiful!! I love how tanned she is! You really did a great job! yay
Have you ever considered doing commissions?
Ooh, wow! You made Naah look totally different in an amazing way! Heart

What a pretty girl. I think Marzipan would indeed be an awesome name, along with Cupcake, Cookie or Sprinkles. (Sorry, I shouldn't suggest names when hungry LOL)
Awwwww, she is so cute! I really like how she came out. Also, may I ask where you got that adorable mint and purple wig for your other doll?
What a change. Her blue eyes are really striking, and the two dolls look like a 'match' as pals. Good for you for keeping at it till you got a faceup you were satisfied with.

(06-01-2015, 05:44 PM)PullipPrincess Wrote: [ -> ]My husband had suggested Candy, and I think it's kind of cute, but I'm not sure if it quite works for her. It just doesn't seem to be sticking for me, so I'm open to any suggestions if anyone has any!

Quote:candy late 13c., "crystalized sugar," from O.Fr. çucre candi "sugar candy," ultimately from Arabic qandi, from Pers. qand "cane sugar," probably from Skt. khanda "piece (of sugar)," perhaps from Dravidian (cf. Tamil kantu "candy," kattu "to harden, condense"). As a verb, attested from 1530s; hence, candied (c.1600).
(Etymology Online is such a cool website smile )
Maybe you could give it a twist like Khanda, Khandi, or Qandi?
(06-02-2015, 11:26 PM)Chyntia Wrote: [ -> ]Wauw she is beautiful!! I love how tanned she is! You really did a great job! yay

Thank you so much~! ^///^ I'm a fan of her tan complexion, too! This whole process actually has made me want to get more tanned dollies to customize! I'm thinking of possibly getting a Byul Tiger Lily eventually for that purpose alone~! x3 I really want more tan dolls. yay

(06-03-2015, 01:54 AM)Pink Haired Freak Wrote: [ -> ]Have you ever considered doing commissions?

I've thought of it, and I think it's definitely something I'd like to do, but I'm also so frightened at the thought of people not liking my work and being really unhappy with it. o.o Plus, I'm still practicing, and trying to figure out what techniques work and don't work for me, and first I'd like to improve more before even touching other people's dolls. ^^; But, I think I will give it a try one day, when I get a little more experience and am more confident in my abilities. smile

(06-03-2015, 03:34 AM)Missy_Crane Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh, wow! You made Naah look totally different in an amazing way! Heart

What a pretty girl. I think Marzipan would indeed be an awesome name, along with Cupcake, Cookie or Sprinkles. (Sorry, I shouldn't suggest names when hungry LOL)

Aww, thank you~! ^////^ And in this particular case, I think suggesting names while you're hungry is actually sort of a good thing, since I'd like a sort of sugary/dessert-themed name for her. LOL

(06-03-2015, 05:35 AM)Zora Wrote: [ -> ]Awwwww, she is so cute! I really like how she came out. Also, may I ask where you got that adorable mint and purple wig for your other doll?

Thanks a bunch~! grin I got that wig from a seller named tita-doremi on ebay, and actually that's the person I get most of my wigs from. LOL I'm not sure if they still have that exact wig in stock, but I think I've seen listings for it floating around from other sellers on ebay. smile

(06-03-2015, 06:13 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]What a change. Her blue eyes are really striking, and the two dolls look like a 'match' as pals. Good for you for keeping at it till you got a faceup you were satisfied with.

(06-01-2015, 05:44 PM)PullipPrincess Wrote: [ -> ]My husband had suggested Candy, and I think it's kind of cute, but I'm not sure if it quite works for her. It just doesn't seem to be sticking for me, so I'm open to any suggestions if anyone has any!

Quote:candy late 13c., "crystalized sugar," from O.Fr. çucre candi "sugar candy," ultimately from Arabic qandi, from Pers. qand "cane sugar," probably from Skt. khanda "piece (of sugar)," perhaps from Dravidian (cf. Tamil kantu "candy," kattu "to harden, condense"). As a verb, attested from 1530s; hence, candied (c.1600).
(Etymology Online is such a cool website smile )
Maybe you could give it a twist like Khanda, Khandi, or Qandi?

Thank you so much, Alliecat! yay Her eyes definitely do stand out on her, and I agree, I do think those two will make the best of friends despite being completely opposite. I'd like to think if anyone ends up picking on Nahh Ato, Amethyst will just tell them right off for her. xD

And those are some very interesting names. :3 I think Khanda is pretty. :3

I need to start narrowing down my favorite name suggestions, since I've gotten a lot on here and on tumblr and from friends! xD So far, ones that I really really like and can see working for her are Dolce, Marzipan, Sprinkles, Khanda, Praline, Berri Macaron, and Bonnibel (Bon Bon as a nickname), so I think I'd like to pick one off of this list. yay
Pages: 1 2