Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Bijou (Banshee) as a bride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
June is supposed to be the big month for weddings, but my ladies were bit by the bridal bug in September! Bijou is wearing Couture de Eternia. wink I wasn't able to get all of the stock (no jewelry), but I think it's more than enough to make it work. yay

[Image: Banshee-EterniaStock-01.jpg]

[Image: Banshee-EterniaStock-02.jpg]

[Image: Banshee-EterniaStock-03.jpg]

[Image: Banshee-EterniaStock-04.jpg]

[Image: Banshee-EterniaStock-06.jpg]

[Image: Banshee-EterniaStock-07.jpg]

All I can say is that hunting down the outfits was worth it. I'm happy.

In this shot I forgot her veil and the sun decided it wanted to stuff its face in the clouds, but I still like how it came out:

[Image: Banshee-EterniaStock-09.jpg]

Thanks for looking! Heart

If you haven't already, please take a look at the Yolandi (Blythe CoSu) bridal set -:HERE:-
she looks lovely and the photos are beautiful smile I like the first one (she looks so little yet, even from the back, you can tell she is taking it seriously LOL ) and also the one with her eyes closed, the pop of mauve is great.
I'd say hunting down the clothes was definitely worth it smile
I like the one with the blurry background of the windows. She totally nailed being a bride grin
Banshee is an under-appreciated beauty.
She makes a beautiful bride! Her hair looks soft and shiny, too. Were these photos taken after you used the fabric softener on her hair? Because at least in these photos, it looks like it worked.
Thank you for the comments! Heart

(09-26-2015, 12:42 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: [ -> ]She makes a beautiful bride! Her hair looks soft and shiny, too. Were these photos taken after you used the fabric softener on her hair? Because at least in these photos, it looks like it worked.

Yes, these were post fabric softener. The Yolandi ones too. I think Bijou's hair photographs a little nicer than it feels, but what's the old Billy Crystal quote? "It's not how you feel, it's how you look, and you look marvelous!"

I'd like to find a tux for my Cavalie to do a few more shots. If I can find an Ai Doll Madonna Lily at Tuesday Morning to throw in I'll be tickled.
Lovely!!! Banshee is gorgeous; she's the next doll I would like to have. I think her face is quite similar to Date's, which I guess is why I like her.
Even harder to pick a favourite... the first one, the fourth one, and yes, the lighting in the final portrait is perfect for the setting. Kind of almost but not quite candlelight. These are neat! -- how are you getting to do these dolly shoots in the church?
There's loads of quite posh-looking Barbie jewelry on eBay, for quite cheap. You should be able to find something nice. Although Eternia's looks pretty fancy.
(09-26-2015, 02:04 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Lovely!!! Banshee is gorgeous; she's the next doll I would like to have. I think her face is quite similar to Date's, which I guess is why I like her.
Even harder to pick a favourite... the first one, the fourth one, and yes, the lighting in the final portrait is perfect for the setting. Kind of almost but not quite candlelight. These are neat!

Thank you!

(09-26-2015, 02:04 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]-- how are you getting to do these dolly shoots in the church?

It's mostly luck; I have access to a place and I know the right people.

As long as the photos aren't for profit and you're respectful (dolls in a wedding gown = yes, mermaid dolls or tinies swimming in the holy water basin = no Irritated, dolls fornicating on the dais in Halloween costumes = NO Rawr! ), there are a number of places that will turn a blind-eye if not give outright permission.

My suggestions:
  1. D̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ NEVER attempt during actual worship service(s)
  2. Choose a place that's on the historic registry since they tend to be a little more liberal with their photo-taking policies
  3. Be a financial supporter of said place OR offer a nice donation
  4. T̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶-̶t̶o̶-̶b̶e̶g̶-̶f̶o̶r̶g̶i̶v̶e̶n̶e̶s̶s̶-̶t̶h̶a̶n̶-̶a̶s̶k̶-̶p̶e̶r̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶t̶e̶ ̶A̶T̶ ̶Y̶O̶U̶R̶ ̶O̶W̶N̶ ̶R̶I̶S̶K̶ Actually, I don't recommend this. If you're lucky, no one is the wiser and you have fun photos. But if you're unlucky the cops being called could be the least of your problems.

In this case, I told The Authority who thinks I'm weird to begin with and doesn't mind "those stupid dolls" anyway.

Sometimes places that you'd never think would allow doll photography will, and places where you'd think they're used to people taking a million photos will harass doll owners specifically (I'm looking at you AMNH in NYC!!! frown).

The key is identifying the right person to approach and going from there.

I will say if you're turned down don't assume that they think you're weird and hate doll people. Some institutions have complex rules governing the use of areas on the grounds and there is also the issue of insurance coverage. If you break something in the course of photography or worse, you get hurt, they're liable and many places don't want to take that risk for complete strangers.
She looks so amazing as a bride!! These photos are so gorgeous!
She looks breataking in Eternia's stock. The pictures really look like a gorgeous set of wedding photographs. smile
I'm glad you enjoyed them, thank you!

(09-28-2015, 08:01 PM)martah Wrote: [ -> ]She looks breataking in Eternia's stock. The pictures really look like a gorgeous set of wedding photographs. smile

Thank you! A few people (outside of dollydom) have hinted that I ought to consider wedding photography as an occupation, but the hefty investment in equipment aside, I think this is the only type of bridal party I could deal with: small, quiet and obedient. Which isn't to say that they can't be Bridezillas, toppling over right before you click the shutter. LOL
What a breathtaking beauty!!
These photographs are beautiful! My friend and I are planning to photograph a dolly wedding, but it's certainly not going to be this elegant (our brides have $1 gowns that came from eBay...)

I've never thought of doing pictures inside my church! I've done a couple in the garden but now I'm plotting a church photoshoot. (We're UUs and used to people doing odd art/photo projects so I'm sure I'd be allowed!)
(09-27-2015, 02:20 AM)Marilyn Wrote: [ -> ]In this case, I told The Authority who thinks I'm weird to begin with and doesn't mind "those stupid dolls" anyway.
Oh no! "Those stupid dolls"... how dare they LOL

(09-29-2015, 05:34 AM)Marilyn Wrote: [ -> ]Some institutions have complex rules governing the use of areas on the grounds and there is also the issue of insurance coverage....
Yeah, and then there's all the paranoia about terrorism. Reminds me of a discussion on the photography forum I read, where some people were describing their experiences getting in trouble with police for taking street photos... just random buildings and someone thought they were suspicious. Or, if they were hanging around a long time, waiting for the light, and looked like they were up to something.

(09-29-2015, 05:34 AM)Marilyn Wrote: [ -> ]A few people (outside of dollydom) have hinted that I ought to consider wedding photography as an occupation, but the hefty investment in equipment aside, I think this is the only type of bridal party I could deal with: small, quiet and obedient.
Haha. Yep, too much pressure. Maybe where the money is but as much as I love photography it's not something I'd want to do either. I'd rather photograph nature. Well, and dolls wink
Wow! All of these photos are absolutely gorgeous, and Bijou looks stunning! What a beautiful bride. <3
Beautiful pictures!! I love the first one and the fourth! She is gorgeous! I recently got her original stock now I am regretting not getting the doll!! Sweatdrop
Pages: 1 2