Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: A new crew member comes aboard (New pix Nov. 29)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The PrettyTiny Film Company & Modelling Studio has a new crew member, and the gang is definitely going very nautical. Mini Marilyn arrived today! I was in need of a boost. She had been on my wish list for a while. She came up on eBay, and I asked the USA seller if she'd ship to Canada, and yay, she did, and even refunded a postage overcharge.

Her hair is soooooo soft! I want to keep touching it, but, ugh, ringlets... It looks nice in a perfect stock photo, but hers is messier than the eBay photo, and one ringlet was just a frizz. I'm not sure how to fix them?? For a quick fix I ran it under the tap, combed it a bit & then wound it around my finger, but it seems there must be a bit better way to civilize ringlets...?
Her skirt has teeny tiny little gems on it -- I didn't know that from stock photos. Cute. Also, she looks a tiny bit sad. I guess it's the eyebrows, and the lack of any upturn in her mouth. I have one shot so far where she seems to be smiling a bit. Guess it will depend on the angle of the light. Maybe, for one who has to do with the sea, a little melancholy is not unexpected...

[Image: 22659760087_d5694b47b3_o.jpg]
Crappy flash light on a gloomy day; I hate this time of year, but she's almost smiling here.

[Image: 22659723318_3fb3196ef4_o.jpg]

[Image: 23078142295_83e24438c0_o.jpg]
The other girls explained that it's perfectly normal to go straight from your box into a photoshoot... LOL

[Image: 23078137885_50969cd940_o.jpg]
The other sailors are delighted. Sunsette's pretty jazzed that the new girl appears to know something about boats. Wait till she sees Second Chance.

[Image: 23078139355_12ca691ffe_o.jpg]
And of course, there's a mermaid in the crew...

Thanks for looking grin
The crew continues to grow with this lovely addition! Do I sense a theme, here?
Love that last photo!
congratulations! She is a lovely adition to your family! yay
I love ringlets but they are horrifing! I usually brush them piece by piece and wrap them around a pencil smile
Lovely nautical girls! She has one of the most adorable tiny booties.
Adorable!!
Awesome! Congrats on your addition.
Aww, congratulations on Marilyn! I have her too, and she really is the cutest little thing! smile Yours fits in very well with your crew! <3 They're all so adorable together!
Thank you everybody! smile

(11-18-2015, 12:03 AM)Chyntia Wrote: [ -> ]I love ringlets but they are horrifing! I usually brush them piece by piece and wrap them around a pencil smile
If they're really tangled...? How do you get frizz out? Just a lot of patient brushing?
(11-20-2015, 03:48 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you everybody! smile

(11-18-2015, 12:03 AM)Chyntia Wrote: [ -> ]I love ringlets but they are horrifing! I usually brush them piece by piece and wrap them around a pencil smile
If they're really tangled...? How do you get frizz out? Just a lot of patient brushing?

I have the same doll. I washed her hair and then treat with fabric softener and combed it gently. Then I squeezed the water out. Sit down and combed every curl. After I comb one curl I wrap it on my finger. Then again gently pull my finger away from the curl. Repeat the process. It takes some time to finish them all. So I watch tv smile
oh she's very cute!! She fits right in!
Congratulations dear!! yay I first saw her I have admired how pretty she is. Your Marilyn is such a special girl, she must be so happy to meet so many good friends! Ever since It makes me curious to see what fun and exciting adventures the crew have together. ~_^
She looks darling and I can't wait to see what they get up to with their nautical adventures.

If her curls aren't quite camera ready, take a look at the youtube channel of DisneyBoy21: https://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyEverAfterXD

It's amazing what he's done with doll hair using hot water, plastic straws and bobby pins. His tutorials might help you get her hair to where you want it to be.
(11-17-2015, 01:49 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: [ -> ]Do I sense a theme, here?
Heh... sometimes even inadvertently. I was delighted to find the real Date Masamune in 1614 funded the first Japanese ship to sail across the Pacific, twice. So even though Daesani hasn't really embraced the nautical aspect of her identity, it's still there smile

(11-22-2015, 02:09 AM)Marilyn Wrote: [ -> ]If her curls aren't quite camera ready, take a look at the youtube channel of DisneyBoy21: https://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyEverAfterXD
Thanks; I will have a look when I'm not on the slower wi-fi laptop! smile

So Marilyn came from a Las Vegas suburb which is solid cheek-to-jowl houses and made me shudder on Google Maps. She's come to a completely different place and the other day she got to see the water for the first time.

[Image: 23304963132_2906a65b33_o.jpg]
The tide was out...

[Image: 23117655040_1353f83307_o.jpg]
"Wow!!"

[Image: 23330876301_9307a3267f_o.jpg]
"WOW!!!"

[Image: 22786253773_6cef3fe5e4_o.jpg]
(...I remember the first time I saw water with no other side. The very first time it kinda makes you think your eyeballs might fall out LOL )

[Image: 23387267496_74eb328c3c_o.jpg]
Three little sailors waiting for the tide.
(Sunsette says 'album cover' again...)

[Image: 23045454449_445a9886ab_o.jpg]
"We have a BOAT?? Wheee!"

[Image: 23413445685_e3a8aa1c2d_o.jpg]
She wanted to try it out right away. Sunsette offered some tips.

...unfortunately, the LaVoile sisters were in such a hurry to show their new friend their boat, they forgot to look at the tide calendar. That and the fact that not many days now are warm enough for messing around in boats, meant that their timing was somewhat off.

[Image: 23330875661_0fca88bc3f_o.jpg]
"This is not what I had in mind..."

Thanks for looking grin
Marilyn looks very happy smile but the last scene made me chuckle smile)) they have a very cute boat smile
Pages: 1 2