Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*also raises hand for traumatic haircut ex-prience* Happened to me twice actually, once in first grade, once sometime in high school. The latter resulted in me breaking a window with my own fist (don't ask... no harm was taken to the fist, though I'd rather had that and my hair back if you asked me back then). Noone has been allowed close to my hair ever since, in the approx. 20 years that have passed since, I've been cutting the ends myself if needed.

So be strong Thor, and oppose. Do not let anyone near your hair. It looks great as is (this is actually weird, I've just come across an Instagram post that involved a haircut conversation with Loki earlier today. Why would anyone want to cut Loki's hair, I understand even less. He looks stunning, he and his hair).
Nice figure. I forget, is he a Hot Toys? At a first quick glance and not being familiar with the character, I thought it was a plushie with a pacifier. Now I can't unsee it... xp LOL
Anyway, fun to have 2 such different versions.
...and now I also cannot unsee the pacifier on the plushie LOL I hope the poor guy doesn't feel humiliated now  Tongue
Sorry for not posting in the past few days - bit of a mental low. Still not great, but getting somewhere I hope!

- - -

314. U is for Unusual Sight

[Image: 77219974_774beb7a00f85c1048ad7de7354b4d11_standard.jpg]

A chimney sweep, that is. Well, it's a not as commonly seen sight, now. This is a bear that was a thing that was available for purchase at the Mary Poppins musical

- - -

315. V is for Vainglorious

[Image: 77219979_b1906d152e16db91e7fd8853024ad70b_standard.jpg]

Define: vain boastfulness in one's self.

"No one is as magnificent as I!"
"Magnificent git, more like..."

- - -

316. W is for Wirabear

[Image: 77220036_898f915e4cdfe2c6e7d3c22cc8bbefdc_standard.jpg]

This is an old TY beanie that wears the flag of Malaysia. I have some family that live out there, which is why I have the bear.
You have family living in Malaysia? Now I really want this Covid crap to wind down so you can travel out there for a visit and flood the forum with your travel photos!

Bert the Bear, huh? Or... Bert as a bear?

Oh, boy! Duel time!
Well, at least Gaston seems to be dealing with these times well. Probably because it's hard to spot the outside problems when you're this self-centered...

The bears are adorable!

And last but not least, glad to see you back! Hugs!
(11-12-2020, 02:45 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Well, at least Gaston seems to be dealing with these times well. Probably because it's hard to spot the outside problems when you're this self-centered...

Sounds like a coping strategy with some potential, now that you mention it. Perhaps I should give it a try!

A little vocal warm-up to get started: Me me me me me!

LOL
I actually had a chimney sweep come to our house. I was disappointed that he was nothing like the bear.
Thanks all! I really should add: low mental mood is more a result of my RL stresses, and the constant grey weather we've been having. Still hit and miss in general. Today I am headachey, so that's a thing.

- - -

317. X is for Xenas

[Image: 77264496_1fae5af7e705cde9fa479aea56770266_standard.jpg]

... It means confident strong women. Yes, it is taken from where you might be guessing. Lol.
He’s a cute chimney sweep. But rather lacking in the soot department.

And an excellent collection of Xena-types. Only missing an actual Xena. (Or am I remembering wrong that you have one of her?)
What a cheerful and colorful group!
Haha, I automatically touched a button on my shirt upon seeing the chimney sweep bear. Do you have this thing (freit?) over there that touching a button (probably even spitting on it - I did not do that Tongue ) upon seeing a chimney sweep brings you good luck?

(11-12-2020, 07:27 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2020, 02:45 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Well, at least Gaston seems to be dealing with these times well. Probably because it's hard to spot the outside problems when you're this self-centered...
Sounds like a coping strategy with some potential, now that you mention it. Perhaps I should give it a try!
Exactly what I wanted to say. I wish I could just... borrow his attitude for a couple of months to come (though only if it granted to go away once the covpocalypse is over)

That's a lovely varied group of fabulous ladies there!
Warrior Princesses Unite!
Fun bunch of girls, and the chimney sweep bear is cute. I remember when Beanie Bears were a big thing. I did not collect them, but had a penpal that sent one every Christmas. I have the impression that one can't give them away nowadays.
Hope you are feeling a little better by now.

(11-12-2020, 03:40 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I actually had a chimney sweep come to our house. I was disappointed that he was nothing like the bear.
LOL

(11-13-2020, 07:19 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Haha, I automatically touched a button on my shirt upon seeing the chimney sweep bear. Do you have this thing (freit?) over there that touching a button (probably even spitting on it - I did not do that Tongue ) upon seeing a chimney sweep brings you good luck?
Never heard of that -- the fun things from abroad that one learns on this forum! Do you know the origin of that idea?
(11-12-2020, 11:51 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]He’s a cute chimney sweep.  But rather lacking in the soot department.

And an excellent collection of Xena-types.  Only missing an actual Xena.  (Or am I remembering wrong that you have one of her?)

Clearly he's a sweep who's just had a wash, and is about to start a new shift. 

I do have a Xena yes. She's still in her box. I would like to try to find one loose so I can have one to pose better for pictures. 

(11-13-2020, 12:32 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]What a cheerful and colorful group!

Thank you! 

(11-13-2020, 07:19 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]That's a lovely varied group of fabulous ladies there!

Thank yooou! 

(11-13-2020, 12:03 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Warrior Princesses Unite!

Always a good thing. 

(11-13-2020, 02:16 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Fun bunch of girls, and the chimney sweep bear is cute.  I remember when Beanie Bears were a big thing.  I did not collect them, but had a penpal that sent one every Christmas.  I have the impression that one can't give them away nowadays.
Hope you are feeling a little better by now.

Beanie babies seem to go through odd waves - there's still a couple that can command high prices, but largely they're going for cheap.

Still pretty 'eh'. Mostly, I just really want to sleep. 

- - - 

318. Y is for Yaw-Yaw

[Image: 77306678_1df4740f7bb17d597d3e3a7b9e809f45_standard.jpg]

As coined by Charles Dickens in Hard Times. To yaw-yaw is to talk haughtily or affectedly

"I do not talk affectedly. I merely open my mouth to let my heart speak it's truth."