Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Happy to hear she's finally there with you! Aw, that full grin is charming and adorable! I agree, blue suits her really well, I really like that dress on her.
So cheery! I love it!
What a cute little orange Cheshire kitty, with expressive eyes! Congratulations on the new arrival! No ex-cuses for feeling down-in-the-dumps now!

(11-16-2020, 12:33 AM)dunneh Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't know about the Monkees.. I mean, the Wombles. I knew the Banana Splits song but I had never seen the clip. Watching these old kids show clips give me weird nostalgia for a time I wasn't even alive. LOL The late 60s couldn't be as fun as they seem surely. Haha.

Surely the late-60s could have been even more fun than one would ever think possible! "Fun and laughter is what we're after!"
Here Come the Double Deckers
Congrats on the new arrival. The blue is a nice colour for her.
(11-16-2020, 03:04 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]What a cute little orange Cheshire kitty, with expressive eyes! Congratulations on the new arrival! No ex-cuses for feeling down-in-the-dumps now!

(11-16-2020, 12:33 AM)dunneh Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't know about the Monkees.. I mean, the Wombles. I knew the Banana Splits song but I had never seen the clip. Watching these old kids show clips give me weird nostalgia for a time I wasn't even alive. LOL The late 60s couldn't be as fun as they seem surely. Haha.

Surely the late-60s could have been even more fun than one would ever think possible! "Fun and laughter is what we're after!"
Here Come the Double Deckers

LOL Another late 60s kids song I now have stuck in my head, thanks davidd! (Unrelated: I relate to Doughnut so much haha.) Definitely after watching these I feel like I missed out on something crucial in my childhood. Driving go-carts and dancing on the top of double decker busses and the like. LOL
I’ve been ear wormed by the Banana Splits song now. Did love the show, too.
Thank you, all! The blue does have the side effect of making Marmalade seem a lot more innocent than she actually is, which is kind of fun. I will be altering skirt lengths today before I wash the dresses I've sewn to help reduce the risk of colour transfer. Like I said, the blue dress is white backed so it's okay on.

- - -

321. Marmalade Size Comparison 1

[Image: 77431247_2a9eae000f37eaa7bc86e3ba74096249_standard.jpg]

Just a little line up to show up a Pipos Star Cheshire measures up in comparison to some other anthro dolls. So, from left to right we have: Hujoo Nano Freya, ResinSoul 0036, Pipos Star Cheshire, Petworks Usaggie, Bridge Direct Jet Set Pet, Hujoo Freya, and Monster High.

I guess that technically the Petworks doll is shorter, but her ears add to her height. Which, ironically, is exactly why Marmalade seems that little bit taller than Basil.
Oh, interesting! I thought Cheshire was the size of the little Freya.
(11-17-2020, 01:41 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, interesting! I thought Cheshire was the size of the little Freya.
And I'm the opposite here - I thought she's bigger! (though I always tend to forget how small Freya and Ademetus are, it shocked me just now too, upon seeing this comparison pic)
Lovely comparison, and it's so nice to see so many feline friends together! Well, Marmalade certainly managed to trick me with that blue dress - I never would have throught she isn't as innocent as she looks. Well, probably that grin should have told me something... I'm naive :3
Some of them are indeed quite tiny, aren't they. That's quite a variety!
Freya is really teeny.
She’s a proper Cheshire Cat, with a proper grin.

And the dress looks great on her.
What a lovely bunch of anthros!

As for size miscalculations, I thought she was the same size as Victoria.
Aww what a cute animal family. I didn't realize Freya was so teeny either! I thought she was similar to Cheshire too. Love that pic! All your kitty dolls kinda remind me of Odeko + Nikki cat dolls by petworks a bit. Also another vinyl cat doll I remember from the 2000s or so but I can't remember the name off the top of my head.
(11-17-2020, 01:41 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, interesting! I thought Cheshire was the size of the little Freya.

I can see how someone would think that, actually. 

(11-17-2020, 08:12 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]And I'm the opposite here - I thought she's bigger! (though I always tend to forget how small Freya and Ademetus are, it shocked me just now too, upon seeing this comparison pic)
Lovely comparison, and it's so nice to see so many feline friends together! Well, Marmalade certainly managed to trick me with that blue dress - I never would have throught she isn't as innocent as she looks. Well, probably that grin should have told me something... I'm naive :3

Maybe next year on National Cat Day I'll take a picture of all my cat dolls. It's a surprising amount actually...

(11-17-2020, 11:40 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Some of them are indeed quite tiny, aren't they.  That's quite a variety!

Freya's almost the smallest doll I have - I think Artie would win it out. Note to self - do a more full height comparison line up. 

(11-17-2020, 01:33 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Freya is really teeny.

Makes sewing for her a bit of a pest tbh. But also fun because I need less fabric. 

(11-17-2020, 07:54 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]She’s a proper Cheshire Cat, with a proper grin.

And the dress looks great on her.

Honestly, the Pipos Cheshires are just so well known for their grins. Marmalade's seems a bit shyer, more mischievous. Depending on the face up the grin can look all sorts of things. 

(11-17-2020, 08:19 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]What a lovely bunch of anthros!

As for size miscalculations, I thought she was the same size as Victoria.

I do have a surprising fondness for anthro dolls - I think it's the creativity in them that does it. 

Actually, ngl I did see her as being the same size as Victoria when I placed my order. It's why the stuff I made for her is too long. 

(11-17-2020, 08:55 PM)dunneh Wrote: [ -> ]Aww what a cute animal family. I didn't realize Freya was so teeny either! I thought she was similar to Cheshire too. Love that pic! All your kitty dolls kinda remind me of Odeko + Nikki cat dolls by petworks a bit. Also another vinyl cat doll I remember from the 2000s or so but I can't remember the name off the top of my head.

Ooh, yes, I've seen those dolls. I'm tempted to get one if I'm honest. Petworks have a few little anthro dolls I'd like to get - it's just honestly finding them at a decent price. Also possibly Catwalk Kitties? I have some heads on MH bodies, but I'd like a proper one. 

- - - 

322. Marmalade Size Comparison 2

[Image: 77473031_91152c677259b3f80a822a51bc3a4df9_standard.jpg]

This time to show Marmalade with other dolls that might help you better place her height. So, from left to right we have:

Azone Picco Neemo
Pipos Star Cheshire
Azone Pureneemo
Obitsu 24 
Monter High Little Sister
Barbie Signature Pivotal Body
Hot Toys Wonder Womna TBLeague Body
Pullip

Honestly, I just find myself surprised at how small Marmalade is! She's adorable, though.