Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lovely Made-to-Move articulation.... Why can't Groove make such bodies.... She looks like a "Maddie" to me (shrugs)

(12-10-2020, 02:33 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]..., I'm the person who doesn't know Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, comics superheroes, Pokémon, vast majority of Disney movies, Harry Potter (I dropped the series after the third book), and many other popular franchises that I can't even remember
Not too far behind you, although I used to watch Doctor Who when it was on a channel I get, and I can certainly raise my hand for Trek & Star Wars. The rest... no clue. And I never read any Harry Potter. (shrugs again)
Can't help with the name, but she is lovely (even down to her head and face sculpt - I don't seem to like most Barbie head sculpts, but I do find this girl cute), and I really like your choice of outfit for her, it suits her perfectly. It's good to see M2M Barbies in outfits like this one, I sometimes find the yoga-theme and outfit off-putting on them - it isn't just yoga where you need that articulation, even simple poses just like this one look unnatural without the right level of flexibility.
Thanks all! Having a bit of an odd day, yeaaaah.

- - -

346. V is for Vulcan

[Image: 78624126_b5fe5ad4d98e7bbe0a6792183dcbd67a_standard.jpg]

I found this Spock really cheap so... yeah, I have a Spock.
I appreciate the stand telling me where the character comes from! Is he 1/6?
That's "new movie" Spock, isn't it? Although I guess the "new movie" isn't all that new anymore.
Yes, he definitely doesn’t look like the ‘old’ Spock.…
Hmm, I wonder if they are making any figures from the new series?
She is cute. And will tell you her name eventually.
Alliecat & Davidd - he looks like Zachary Quinto (new Movie Spock), the shirt looks “scaly” which are the new uniforms. I’m currently watching Star Trek in all its versions, so can say that he doesn’t look like Leonard Nimoy.
Thanks all!

Yeah, he's from the 2009 movie version. They did make a Nimoy version, but I missed out on him. Like I said, I found this Spock cheap so I picked him up. He's pretty cool, all things considered.

- - -

347. W is for Wendy

[Image: 78665479_d8b265a2ab077f02b121689b42839885_standard.jpg]

Last of the newer releases of Disney Store dolls. Here we have Wendy Moria Angelia Darling, of Peter Pan fame. ... Honestly, I'm just waiting to see if they'll make a Peter Pan for their store line of dolls.
Squee, she's so cute! Is she the same size as others, or is she a bit shorter?
Wendy looks like she might be a fun addition to some of The Room adventures if she is the proper scale.
(12-13-2020, 02:42 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Squee, she's so cute! Is she the same size as others, or is she a bit shorter?

(12-13-2020, 04:52 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Wendy looks like she might be a fun addition to some of The Room adventures if she is the proper scale.

Wendy is about the same size as Enma Ai - who is on the Obitsu 24 body - so she's in the right scale to work as the younger members of the Room. Slightly taller than some of the Azones, but even that works out well. 

- - - 

348. X is for X.Y.Z.

[Image: 78710610_a14f2304a50ed61cf75f514db7dfb18c_standard.jpg]

18th century slang for a dandyish or “exquisite” young man.

"So, opinion on the dandys, Clawd?" 
"An understandable reaction to the overblown fashions of the Macaronis." 
"Look at you, with the historical knowledge." 
"Yeah, well, I like history, and the social aspects are interesting." 
"Those who don't know it are doomed to repeat it." 
"Fashion repeats it anyway."
LOL

I was often rolling my eyes over some plot- and logic inconsistencies in MH writing, how awesome it would be if they had these witty dialogues instead!
Look what just dawned on me today! Decades of duhhh undone!

Macaroni: a highly excessive fashion trend of the 18th century.

So when Yankee Doodle "stuck a feather in his cap and called it Macaroni," well, that's what the song means. He puts a feather in his hat and considers himself to be a regular X Y Z!

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2017/05/2...h-century/

I feel so enlightened!

And apparently, satire became a powerful tool in those times. A tool which I must try to use to overcome the hopelessness and despair which currently dominates my every waking hour.

I wish I'd had this background and had included a barbed conversation like this in my Bratz story! Which, now that I've found Yasmina, might actually have a chance of being resurrected. I might need to conscript you to write some of the dialog.

So the whole song, Yankee Doodle Dandy, is a satirical ditty about a, well, obviously, a dandy; and macaroni is a synonym for dandy. Huh. They say ya learn something every day, but some days ya learn things that are much more interesting than other days!
Again the forum is educational, I guess. I know as little about current fashion as I do about 18th-century fashion, so I'll just keep quiet. I wonder where the terms came from though.
Wendy's dress is a very pretty blue.
(Technically you could cheat with that photo and say you're done with the alphabet again wink )