Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The ears are awesome, but what gets me are the eyes. I get that it's the whites-less giant iris with shine stylization, and I'm sure it would be fine in person, but somehow, looking at this pic makes me think that they have black whites and white irises, all the better to hypnotize me with. The face is still super-cute, though!
They are enormous ears for the size of the rest of it. Cute & cuddly though.
Rather reminds me of a Fennec fox with the outsize ears.
Are the different Pokemons different species, or are they individual one of a kind entities?

Like, is there only one Snorlax (the only Pokemon name I can think of off the top of my head other than Pikachu), or are there lots of Snorlaxes in the... in the wherever they live?
(02-28-2020, 01:14 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]The ears are awesome, but what gets me are the eyes. I get that it's the whites-less giant iris with shine stylization, and I'm sure it would be fine in person, but somehow, looking at this pic makes me think that they have black whites and white irises, all the better to hypnotize me with. The face is still super-cute, though!

Ooh, oh yeah I see what you mean. I think that's honestly just an anime-style thing. In person it really does come across as more shine stylization. 

I kinda love how tiny the nose is in comparison to the rest of the facial features.

(02-28-2020, 06:43 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]They are enormous ears for the size of the rest of it.  Cute & cuddly though.

Oh, very much cute and cuddly. Build a Bear tend to be worth the money 'cause their plush is always the best feeling (to me at least) and for the size and quality of material, the price is pretty reasonable.

(02-28-2020, 02:27 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Rather reminds me of a Fennec fox with the outsize ears.

That's what I keep thinking of! Thank you, I've been trying to place it and there it is. 

(02-28-2020, 04:04 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Are the different Pokemons different species, or are they individual one of a kind entities?

Like, is there only one Snorlax (the only Pokemon name I can think of off the top of my head other than Pikachu), or are there lots of Snorlaxes in the... in the wherever they live?

The answer is ... yes, to both. See, for some Pokémon, they are a different species. Best example... Pikachu. That is a particular species. For some Pokémon, they're one of a kind entities. The latter tends to be Legendaries only. I think the most ... well known example in pop culture is Mewtwo. One of a kind, no other of him exists. 

- - - 

59. Z is for Zippy

[Image: 66639982_a7355a2cde87e96dcad43a4752c24ea8_standard.jpg]

Ademetus is the fastest little one in the room,. He can zip all over the place in a flash. He's going to win all the awards for being the fastest ever! 

... And, of course, he's incredibly modest about it all.
Hence the red jumper, reminiscent of the uniform of the comic book character The Flash? He needs a lighting bolt on the front, there.
I bet he runs in that classic cartoon style where he jumps up, turns his legs into blurry circles, immediately gains rocket speed and leaves a small cloud of dust behind him. And makes the doppler effect, of course!
(02-29-2020, 03:31 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I bet he runs in that classic cartoon style where he jumps up, turns his legs into blurry circles, immediately gains rocket speed and leaves a small cloud of dust behind him. And makes the doppler effect, of course!
LOL
Cheers for a second time through the alphabet, and for coming up with X and Z again.
Her does need the little lightning bolt on the front of his top so everyone knows he’s the fastest ever.
Thanks, all! I'll see what I can do about a little lightning bolt on his top!

- - -

60. Bat Baby

[Image: 66656415_3cfac726145e81eb34f19753095ea356_standard.jpg]

Because who doesn't love an adorable little bat? He's got flappy wings and the plush is so soft. This is actually a TY Beanie Buddy - so a larger plush based off the mini beanie babies. This is Bat-E an online Halloween exclusive back in the, apparently. The things you learn via Google.
He looks like he's saying "care for a hug?"
Bat Baby? What about "A"? (Because you're starting the alphabet again, right?)

Those red eyes are spooky-cool!
He looks very cute.
Definitely reaching out for a hug there.
(03-01-2020, 06:16 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]He looks like he's saying "care for a hug?"

He does like latching on to people for hugs.

(03-01-2020, 08:08 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Bat Baby? What about "A"? (Because you're starting the alphabet again, right?)

Those red eyes are spooky-cool!

Oh, it's coming again! This is me just having a small break to prepare a next round of A to Z. 

The eyes really come up better when photographed. 

(03-01-2020, 01:06 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]He looks very cute.

He's adorable. 

(03-01-2020, 05:34 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely reaching out for a hug there.

A friendly little bat who just wants hugs.

- - - 

61. Mattel vs Character Options

[Image: 66723554_97e272012d53e64d74122e34db6621c1_standard.jpg]

(I think I promised this in December... whoops.)

So, two 1/6th (roughly) versions of the Thirteenth Doctor, so I thought I would do a quick comparison of them. Obvious differences are height and width.  The Mattel offering has slightly darker colours in her trousers and top. The Character Options version has more articulation.

Honestly, I don't think I could advise one above the other as it would depend entirely on what a person wanted from a Thirteenth Doctor figure. However, the Character Options version is cheaper, which may be a deciding factor for many.