Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Those 8-bit eyeglasses were a clever touch, along with the pixellated pattern on her wardrobe.
Gaming troll is a beautiful idea. I would have bought her if she weren't so pink...

As for 1/6 sunflower seeds, how about black sesame?
We’ve got her. She’s quite cute and amusing in concept.
She looks quite perky.
(03-17-2020, 10:24 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, note to self, find 1/6 scale sunflower seeds. 
You could cut up regular ones.... xp LOL
(03-18-2020, 12:59 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Those 8-bit eyeglasses were a clever touch, along with the pixellated pattern on her wardrobe.

She was one of those releases that the design team clearly had a bit of fun with. 

(03-18-2020, 03:45 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Gaming troll is a beautiful idea. I would have bought her if she weren't so pink...

As for 1/6 sunflower seeds, how about black sesame?

There is a kind of dullness to her pink IRL. I don't know how to explain it because it never comes across in pictures. 

Hmmm, interesting pick! 

(03-18-2020, 07:08 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]We’ve got her. She’s quite cute and amusing in concept.

She is. Her design elements are cute. 

(03-18-2020, 02:32 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]She looks quite perky. 
(03-17-2020, 10:24 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, note to self, find 1/6 scale sunflower seeds. 
You could cut up regular ones.... xp LOL

She's constantly drinking energy drinks, LOL. 

Ooh, now there's an idea... 

- - - 

Okay, so before I post this picture I just want to say that I know I haven't been posting virus updates for the UK. 

Largely that's because we're kind of stuck in a weird holding place. The PM hasn't officially closed down stuff, but has made it clear that nope, don't be open, so a lot of businesses are losing their insurance for situations like these. Also means a ton of people without a wage. We're getting daily updates and soon all the parliaments - Westminster, Scottish, Welsh Assembly, NI - are going to release their agreed upon action plan. 

(Schools aren't closed yet but looking like it's going that way. Mum thinks they were trying to hold off till the Spring holiday, but it's looking like that's not possible.)

There's talk of restricting movement of certain ages but this is being debated due to the adverse side effects on mental health - which we're also getting advice about which boils down to "try not to watch the news about this so much - stay informed, just don't overdose on it." Yeaaaah, I've had to follow this 'cause my anxiety has been pinging too much not to. Also involves a lot of not looking at certain social medias. 

There's talk of us using war-time measures so... there may be a resurance in "Keep Calm" posters... 

Food and drink has been hit and miss - certain stuff is gone, other stuff is around. More annoyed about not being able to get paracetamol tbh.

Mostly I'm just... cleaning. Dad's got certain health condition's that put him in the at risk section, so... cleaning. Watching daft shows when done. Occasional snap of a doll. Just doing what I can to keep my anxiety and panic low. 

And there's a brief update on the UK as told by me. 

- - - 

78. L is for Lily

[Image: 67390995_d1a11c8f35993d7b639dc19adf577bd1_standard.jpg]

My MTM from the first wave! Ah, I wish MTMs were easier to find right now, but they're only online in my area.
Thanks for the UK update. Sounds... confused and disheartening.

My anxiety is through the roof right now... as my recent posts may have hinted at.   Sweatdrop

There is zero concern by authorities and the media here about mental health. The media wants us to be tuned in round the clock. The authorities, all of whom are wealthy and will basically be untouched by all the restrictions, are coming up with increasingly strict approaches to forced quarantines and business shut-downs. Today they are focusing their attacks on young people, telling them that "the latest data indicates that the young are the most at-risk group."
sly  This is because university-age people have been ignoring warnings and heading to the beaches for spring break in open defiance of the authorities. So now the authorities are employing fear tactics. What this has done, though, is tip their hand. They are making stuff up at this point that is not even true in order to exert power.

What I don't understand is why?  If it were one country, I could understand that it might be the Power Elite trying to consolidate even more power and wealth. But this is global. It's happening everywhere, to all of us. Is there truly a Global Cabal behind this, looking to crush and enslave the entire planet?

And with that, I shall henceforth attempt to keep my posts, and my comments, more upbeat. Sure, I'll joke about this nonsense, but there's certainly no point to increasing your or my own anxiety. We shall laugh together as society crumbles about us.

And take dolly pictures. Which we shall continue to post until the Internet Service Providers shut down.

You Lily appears to be a figure of calm and reason amid all the absurdity. Perhaps I, at least, could try to learn from her example.
Sending many hugs your way!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed that things will go smoothly over there.

Availability and prices are the reason why I don't have any MTMs. This lady is adorable!
Ah, the lovely poseability of MTM -- it's marvelous, isn't it! smile
With everything else shut down I wonder if the UK will be said to have waited too long for some of those closures. Yes, find things to do for distraction... hope you and your family stay safe. I think basic hygiene and lots of hand-washing, and staying away from crowds, will go a long way toward keeping those at risk safe. Like any flu season. And shutting off the constant stream of social media alarmism is also a good plan. Hang in there and stay well!
(Tried meditation? Good for calming the mind and clearing jumbled thoughts, once you get the hang of it. I did a bit on the beach today.)

davidd, what are they making up? Unfortunately there's always going to be an irresponsible won'thappentome element that doesn't think about carrying germs to those more at risk.
Lily's eyes appear to match her shirt quite beautifully!
I may be ignorant here, but what’s an MTM? I keep thinking of Mary Tyler Moore, but I know that’s not right.
(03-19-2020, 07:31 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]davidd, what are they making up? 

That the young are more vulnerable than any other age group. That was the trend of TV news stories in the early part of the day. None of the statistics, anywhere, support this claim.
(03-19-2020, 02:53 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I may be ignorant here, but what’s an MTM? I keep thinking of Mary Tyler Moore, but I know that’s not right.

Shorthand for Made-to-Move, a style of articulated Barbie doll bodies.

The doll hobby is full of jargon and acronyms. It took me a long time to figure out what BJD stands for.
Like Elfy said we have a Kjersti too. We aren’t gamers at all, but her name is quite close to both of ours so I couldn’t resist.

I understand what you mean about her pinkness - it’s both bright & dull, and quite hard to photograph.
(03-19-2020, 03:14 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the UK update. Sounds... confused and disheartening.

My anxiety is through the roof right now... as my recent posts may have hinted at.   Sweatdrop

[snip for length!] 

And with that, I shall henceforth attempt to keep my posts, and my comments, more upbeat. Sure, I'll joke about this nonsense, but there's certainly no point to increasing your or my own anxiety. We shall laugh together as society crumbles about us.

And take dolly pictures. Which we shall continue to post until the Internet Service Providers shut down.

You Lily appears to be a figure of calm and reason amid all the absurdity. Perhaps I, at least, could try to learn from her example.

I am genuinely concerned about everyone's mental health right now. It's going to be a hard hit and dealing with that is not easy. I can only suggest - to help your own anxiety - watching or reading stuff that you find entertaining. It sounds daft as an idea, but it is a good way of just allowing your brain to resettle and gain some time to relax. I've been switching between Sabrina the Teenage Witch and The Worst Witch - 90s series for both of them. Lighthearted magical hijinks are as far from real life as possible right now...

Lily is always good at keeping her head in a crisis! 

(03-19-2020, 06:38 AM)neon_jellyfish. Wrote: [ -> ]Availability and prices are the reason why I don't have any MTMs. This lady is adorable!

I wish they were easier to find, and cost even a fiver less. It's not much, but it is still less than the current costs. I mean, ideally Mattel would just adopt this body as it's default going forward, but I don't see that happening, sadly. 

(03-19-2020, 07:31 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, the lovely poseability of MTM -- it's marvelous, isn't it! smile
With everything else shut down I wonder if the UK will be said to have waited too long for some of those closures.  Yes, find things to do for distraction... hope you and your family stay safe.  I think basic hygiene and lots of hand-washing, and staying away from crowds, will go a long way toward keeping those at risk safe.  Like any flu season.  And shutting off the constant stream of social media alarmism is also a good plan.  Hang in there and stay well!
(Tried meditation?  Good for calming the mind and clearing jumbled thoughts, once you get the hang of it.  I did a bit on the beach today.)

It's brilliant - it makdes photographing so much more fun as well.

We're following basic hygiene and staying away from crowds and the like. Though we live behind a primary school so a lot of that is just staying indoors.

Actually, newest update says schools are to be closed from this Friday - they want to finish out the week - and exams may happen in May. I can see them trying to set up some form on online examination which might actually be easier for a lot of people - exam halls do not help the tense atmosphere, and it's been shown that the more relaxed you are, the better you do. 

(03-19-2020, 09:59 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Lily's eyes appear to match her shirt quite beautifully!

I never noticed that! This is one of the nicer fashion pieces from Mattel, I think. Pity trying to get the rest of the Sanrio stuff isn't easy - not much appeared in the shops here. 

(03-19-2020, 03:15 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2020, 02:53 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I may be ignorant here, but what’s an MTM? I keep thinking of Mary Tyler Moore, but I know that’s not right.

Shorthand for Made-to-Move, a style of articulated Barbie doll bodies.

The doll hobby is full of jargon and acronyms. It took me a long time to figure out what BJD stands for.

As davidd ex.plained, it stands for Made-to-Move. I'd say it's Mattel's answer to Obitsu but that would mean that Mattel were aware of Obitsu and I don't really think that's the case? Though, I could be entirely work. I think it was just their answer to requests for more articulation. They are great, just hard to get hold of.

There needs to be a dictionary or at least a list kept somewhere for the jargon of the doll hobby...

(03-19-2020, 05:54 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Like Elfy said we have a Kjersti too.  We aren’t gamers at all, but her name is quite close to both of ours so I couldn’t resist.

I understand what you mean about her pinkness - it’s both bright & dull, and quite hard to photograph.

Yes! It never comes across the right way - I think that weird sheen on her doesn't help much either. The dolls with that sheen always seem to be a bit harder to capture properly. (My Limited Edition Cinderella doll has a similar think and she either ends up really pale looking or very tanned looking.)

- - -

Just a quick side thing to say that I hope everyone is doing as well as can be ex.pected right now, and that along with your physical health, you are taking care of your mental health! 

- - -  

79. M is for Mavis

[Image: 67430278_6d6c7969f44ec75e3407eb760cbff526_standard.jpg]

The youngest daughter of Count Dracula, Mavis is a pile of energy and enthusiasm for so many things. She seems to enjoy being in the Room as it means she can poke fun at her nephew, Nikolai. It also did bring her back in contact with elder sister Lucrezia.
We haven't seen the vampires of the Room in a while! This world needs more vampire dolls.