Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-28-2020, 11:25 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Adding pirates improves anything.

Ditto this!
(03-28-2020, 02:47 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I really like her. I mean, she's a pirate, so of course I do. I don't follow the story, so I can't say anything about her character, but she looks like a nice gal.

Story wise is .... interesting. Descendants follows the kids of the infamous heroes and villains. All the Villains have been locked in a prison isle and their kids have grown up there as a result. The first film kicks off with kids of four villains being allowed off the Isle. It's an interesting franchise. 

Uma is brilliant, I think. 

(03-28-2020, 08:25 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Cute.  And it looks like a fun outfit.  Green & gold is another of my favourite colour combinations.

The outfit is cute, it's a shame it's all one piece, really. 

(03-28-2020, 10:02 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Does she have all the braid the actor did?  I recall some “complaints” that Uma wasn’t just like the tv version because of it.

I don’t think she should have been a villain either, it’s perfectly reasonable what she was trying to do.

Also - Pirate Queen!!!

Sadly no! It's more of a crimped effect if I'm honest. I would have love to have seen her with proper box braiding but they didn't try it. 

Seriously, her motivation has been consistent - they just wised up in the last film and realised she's not an antagonist because of it. 

Yesss!

True...

(03-28-2020, 01:04 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]

Ditto this!

Does this go up if it's the Dread Pirate Roberts?

- - - 

88. V is for Vel

[Image: 67744455_7f29f4b59e44e90225cdf8f7365f0230_standard.jpg]

The cutest Lil Fairy there is around here, and weirdly there is some competition in the Fae stakes. She perches so nicely on this old figure riser I have.
I love Lil' Fairies. They're so cute, and they pose so well! I can definitely see more of them in my future.
(03-28-2020, 09:10 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2020, 01:04 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]

Ditto this!

Does this go up if it's the Dread Pirate Roberts?

The top of the pecking order is Captain Blood:

[Image: 42875200524_1df1a71482_m.jpg]

Y'know, with a change of hat and the addition of some belts and sashes, Vel's outfit would have pirate potential. Get that girl an eye-patch and a sword!
Used to be Errol, now it’s Captain Jack Sparrow who runs the show.
(03-28-2020, 09:17 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I love Lil' Fairies. They're so cute, and they pose so well! I can definitely see more of them in my future.

They're far too adorable! I'm hoping to pick up at least one more at some point this year. 

(03-29-2020, 02:48 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2020, 09:10 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Does this go up if it's the Dread Pirate Roberts?

The top of the pecking order is Captain Blood:

[Image: 42875200524_1df1a71482_m.jpg]

Y'know, with a change of hat and the addition of some belts and sashes, Vel's outfit would have pirate potential. Get that girl an eye-patch and a sword!

.... Captain Blood is a name I've not heard in a very long time. 

I could maybe find those things, but I don't think Vel would like them...

(03-29-2020, 10:11 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Used to be Errol, now it’s Captain Jack Sparrow who runs the show.

Hm. Good point. Still not my fave, though.

- - - 

89. W is for Wednesday

[Image: 67777945_aa73094f7ec3c625e89b280e701ee1f2_standard.jpg]

Who is probably my most frequently featured doll now I think on it... But yes, Wednesday Addams is the infamous daughter of Morticia and Gomez. She's in her early 20s in the Room, and is joined by her cousins. She's still very much the deadpan blunt person she was in her younger years.
Ah, the Favourite One!

Wednesday is awesome. Haven't seen the new movie, but I wouldn't mind some dolls. They used the style from the original comics, and I quite like it.
Your Wednesday vignettes are what led me to join Dollieh Sanctuary. But I am very happy that you have also posted The Room stories here at Dolly Market, and that you joined A Doll A Day. There seems to be more interaction here.

Wednesday features heavily in The Room, being, essentially, the central character of that "series," but we rarely see her in A Doll A Day, so this is a bit of a treat.

I like that she is presented here in black & white, as would be the case in the original Addams illustrations.

I know you've said Wednesday was made for you by a friend. Do you know on what figure line she was based? I don't think she is a Momoko. An Obitsu, perhaps? Is her outfit custom sewn, or is it a modified dress from another figure?
Wednesday does appear to be the favourite. Vel is cute -- wish I had her hair!

(03-29-2020, 10:11 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Used to be Errol, now it’s Captain Jack Sparrow who runs the show.
Ehh. My salty crew says Jack Sparrow couldn't run a tugboat LOL
(03-30-2020, 10:49 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Wednesday does appear to be the favourite.  Vel is cute -- wish I had her hair!

Ehh.  My salty crew says Jack Sparrow couldn't run a tugboat LOL

But he has a never ending supply of luck, being permanently smashed probably doesn’t help matters, though.
Vel is so cute, perched on the riser like that.

And wednesday is always good to see in this thread.
(03-30-2020, 01:05 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, the Favourite One!

Wednesday is awesome. Haven't seen the new movie, but I wouldn't mind some dolls. They used the style from the original comics, and I quite like it.

I believe they did make some plush dolls of the new film, but I don't think they released outside the US. Or rather distribution outside the US was not great. 

(03-30-2020, 04:35 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Your Wednesday vignettes are what led me to join Dollieh Sanctuary. But I am very happy that you have also posted The Room stories here at Dolly Market, and that you joined A Doll A Day. There seems to be more interaction here.

Wednesday features heavily in The Room, being, essentially, the central character of that "series," but we rarely see her in A Doll A Day, so this is a bit of a treat.

I like that she is presented here in black & white, as would be the case in the original Addams illustrations.

I know you've said Wednesday was made for you by a friend. Do you know on what figure line she was based? I don't think she is a Momoko. An Obitsu, perhaps? Is her outfit custom sewn, or is it a modified dress from another figure?

Aw, thank you! Yeah, there's definitely a lot more interaction here.

Wednesday is an Obitsu - one of their rooted heads and bodies. I did sew her dress myself, and I kind of want to remake it soon 'cause I've worked out how to do the collar a bit better. Maybe I'll get around to it one of of these days...

(03-30-2020, 10:49 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Wednesday does appear to be the favourite.  Vel is cute -- wish I had her hair!

Wednesday is just my girl, so to speak. 

Vel's hair is so lovely. I wish I had some Azone water wax to properly style it. 

(03-30-2020, 04:06 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Vel is so cute, perched on the riser like that.

And wednesday is always good to see in this thread.

Having the risers around is good for new poses and stuff.

Wednesday - always a delight. 

- - -

90. X is for Xenology

[Image: 67805607_0f07ca50683979e6c65a489ca1bba103_standard.jpg]

Definition: the scientific study of alien biology, cultures, etc.

The Doctor is always fascinated when she comes across something she's never seen before...
So Marnie is alien? I thought she was an Earth android. Then again, her design is out of this world.
I would exx-spect The Doctor to be wary around Marnie, who bears a resemblance to the Super-Voc SV7 android.
Yay for coming up with another "X".