Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-11-2020, 11:58 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Her face is adorable (and the confusing CalifoNarnia t-shirt is back)!

That t-shirt is her favourite - and I adore her sulky little face. 

(04-12-2020, 12:00 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Artie on his getaway rocking horse always makes me giggle.

You’re right that no one will suspect him of being a criminal mastermind while riding the horse.

Does Bette have sculptured hair?  It looks that way.

Exactly! It makes for the best disguise because no one suspects anything of a little one playing on a rocking horse

It is sculpted hair, and it looks fantastic.

(04-12-2020, 12:04 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]I always love an appearance from Bette!

She comes in, glams stuff up, and then wanders out again

(04-12-2020, 02:34 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Bette's unique and exciting hairstyle is shown to good effect in this photo, as LeJays has noted!

I did want a photo that showed off her face and hair better, and I'm glad that I seem to have managed that 

(04-12-2020, 10:50 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Weirdly enough she reminds me of Bette Midler. Was she named for her?

Honestly no. Credit to her name goes to davidd who brought up the idea of golden age of Hollywood starlets, with names like Bette Davis. The 'Bette' stuck.

(04-12-2020, 11:37 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]She is a unique-looking doll.  She looks like she thinks deep thoughts smile

She definitely is one of a kind within my collection.

- - - 

103. C is for China Girl

[Image: 68249862_e0e9715489d6cd60ed66541ea506230c_standard.jpg]

Who is a very mischievous soul, even though she's looking very demure here. I have to say that this is honestly one of the best dolls I have for posing - she's got a good deal of articulation and can hold herself in poses like a champ.
How unusual to see her without Maudlynne... She looks lovely and sweet, but I know better than to trust that a bit too perfectly innocent face smile
I've never really noticed China Girl's striped waistband before. So she, too, is a member of the stripey crew!

Pretty eyes!
She really is cute.
She’s so lovely and elegant.
She's adorable - I would worry about her breaking if she's made of real china (porcelein) though.
(04-13-2020, 01:48 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]How unusual to see her without Maudlynne... She looks lovely and sweet, but I know better than to trust that a bit too perfectly innocent face smile

They were willing to seperate to get solo shots if I did it really, really quickly. So I did. And good idea not to trust that face, this girl has so much energy and so little restraint...

(04-13-2020, 02:19 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I've never really noticed China Girl's striped waistband before. So she, too, is a member of the stripey crew!

Pretty eyes!

Stripey crew spreads over the world! 

(04-13-2020, 11:33 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]She really is cute.

She is. A delight to look at. 

(04-13-2020, 11:33 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]She’s so lovely and elegant.

Thank you! 

(04-13-2020, 01:47 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]She's adorable - I would worry about her breaking if she's made of real china (porcelein) though.

Nah, this one is made from plastic. I believe the Disney Store did create a limited edition one from porcelein though.

- - - 

104. D is for Devastatia

[Image: 68282681_7b75ee2eac1bc3a1b0aea6814a343f94_standard.jpg]

Doll canon time! A sultry singer who performs a regular gig in the high class nightclub owned by Gloria Phobia. It's rumoured that Devastatia's voice can drive a man to madness or salvation.
Devastatia - what a cool name!

Another amazing example of the BEGoths from your collection!
Looking at this gore-geous beauty makes me think I need a similar club with a hypnotizing singer in Oddwickshire. Hmm...
(04-14-2020, 02:12 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Devastatia - what a cool name!

Another amazing example of the BEGoths from your collection!

BeGoths really did do so well at just showing off fantastic fashions and looks

(04-14-2020, 02:23 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at this gore-geous beauty makes me think I need a similar club with a hypnotizing singer in Oddwickshire. Hmm...

I would have to fully agree with this... Oddwichshire needs a nightclub that has sultry singers...

- - - 

105. E is for Ectetera

[Image: 68317123_48b683ff59f2936a1877666dd5f18a3b_standard.jpg]

The cat with the most energy, so she put it to good use by becoming a fearleader.
She really looks like she's on the roll!
Pretty in Pink! Another fab Catwalk Kitties kitbash!
Two fashionable gals.
I don't know whether "doll canon" means yours, or the manufacturer's xp LOL
Is that her actual name, or one you gave her? What line is she from?
(04-14-2020, 09:48 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]She really looks like she's on the roll!

She's always up for fun and high antics

(04-15-2020, 04:56 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty in Pink! Another fab Catwalk Kitties kitbash!

Honestly, they were so fun to work on. I still would like to try to get hold of a Catwalk Kitty proper but its a back-burner type thing right now.

(04-15-2020, 11:07 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Two fashionable gals.
I don't know whether "doll canon" means yours, or the manufacturer's xp LOL

When I say doll-canon, I'm generally referring to the stuff I make up myself! 

(04-15-2020, 04:25 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Is that her actual name, or one you gave her? What line is she from?

Ectetera is a Catwalk Kitties head on a Monster High body - I'm not sure of the CK stock name, but I can her the name Ectetera as I was making customs based on the musical Cats and it felt fitting for her. 

- - - 

106. F is for Freya

[Image: 68356863_2d565a0350d438847d15ba273af07543_standard.jpg]

The most adorable. No, seriously, there was a vote in the Room and she won. Didn't say much though...