Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Plush/felt magnifying glass is a peculiar thing, but it looks like it works perfectly for him!
Y'know, I made a concerted effort to track down the video disc last year, and I still have yet to watch it.
Cheers for another round through the alphabet. That could make a photo challenge all on its own... thinking of words to take pictures for... in case anyone wanted to host a Thing... xp
(05-05-2020, 11:50 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Plush/felt magnifying glass is a peculiar thing, but it looks like it works perfectly for him!

Basil of Baker Street can make his magnifying glass work for him.

(05-06-2020, 02:57 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Y'know, I made a concerted effort to track down the video disc last year, and I still have yet to watch it.

You should! It's a great film! Vincent Price as the bad guy and he's delightful!

(05-06-2020, 05:14 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for another round through the alphabet.  That could make a photo challenge all on its own... thinking of words to take pictures for...  in case anyone wanted to host a Thing...  xp

Hm.... Indeed....

- - - 

Can't Feel My Face

[Image: 69262848_66a8655e72e9a4921425a8b30a9648a4_standard.jpg]

And I know she'll be the death of me, at least we'll both be numb
And she'll always get the best of me, the worst is yet to come
But at least we'll both be beautiful and stay forever young
This I know, yeah, this I know

The Doctor and the Master. Best friends and enemies and so much more across the many centuries of their lives. It's complicated is an understatement of their lives. Trying to kill each other? That's their texting. 

(To ex.plain: I heard this song and realised how well it fitted the Doctor and the Master. I'd also recommend this version from the musical & Juliet which is somehow even more fitting.)
Well, at least they seem to be having fun while they're killing each other smile
Haha, clever use f Z as the letter.

He looks very intent on the clues he’s searching for.
The Master needs the Doctor far more than the Doctor needs the Master, is what I’ve always thought. The Master does a lot of stuff in the hope that the Doctor will pay attention to him.
You've posed the figures in a most effective manner to convey their dance! Nicely done!

The post-processing provides a dreamlike effect.
(05-06-2020, 10:03 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Well, at least they seem to be having fun while they're killing each other smile

Well, one of them is Tongue. Nah, they both enjoy the insane dance they lead each other on. I think. The Master more than the Doctor. 

(05-06-2020, 11:51 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Haha, clever use f Z as the letter.

He looks very intent on the clues he’s searching for.

LOL, it can be hard to think up things for Z. 

Basil is always intent on solving a crime!

(05-06-2020, 11:53 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]The Master needs the Doctor far more than the Doctor needs the Master, is what I’ve always thought.  The Master does a lot of stuff in the hope that the Doctor will pay attention to him.

You're not wrong - the Master admitted as such in this latest season. But by the Doctor's own admittance, the Master is the only other person they know that's like them. It'll be interesting to see how things progess. Especially considering the latest twist to their saga. 

(05-07-2020, 05:23 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]You've posed the figures in a most effective manner to convey their dance! Nicely done!

The post-processing provides a dreamlike effect.

It took a while to get the right pose! Nothing looked... good. So thank you! 

I was trying for something dreamlike! 

- - - 

128. The Child

[Image: 69307519_f14782feef17df23dee8e8fc3ff279c7_standard.jpg]

From The Mandalorian. Known as The Asset or The Child but fondly referred to as Baby Yoda by the fandom. This is the Build-A-Bear version of the adorable one and is pretty much 1:1 scale, from what I've been able to find out. Super soft, super adorable. 

Also The Mandalorian is a great addition to the Star Wars universe and I've been really enjoying it.
I'm glad there is a good Star Wars series that fans enjoy. Baby Yoda is adorable! Is it Yoda before he became known as Yoda, or is it a baby of the same species, but not Yoda?
An Unearthly Child, indeed.

Same question as neon_jellyfish asked: is it actually Yoda, or merely the same species as Yoda?
Aw, adorable :3 And I agree, The Mandalorian is a great series, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it, which was such a relief after my great disappointment with Episode 9 (let's not even talk about it... I've known and heard of many Star Wars fans disappointed by the franchise, but I wasn't one of them - not until Episode 9, that is. I'm even among the rarer species who also liked the prequels. But after watching the last episode... I've actually been feeling down and depressed for days. So this is how it feels to be let down by the franchise you like? It sucks big time sad ). The Mandalorian, while very predictable and filled with clichés in many ways, was something that kept me excited all along. It's also something I would have happily rewatched right after we finished it. A friend of mine who saw the series before me, described how she&her husband watched it as "We just couldn't stop. We went "Let's just watch another episode" again, and again. We had to force-convince ourselves to pause when we couldn't hold back going to the toilet anymore" - back then I laughed, now I understand smile

To answer the question about The Child: no, it is not Yoda. The Mandalorian takes place in a time after Yoda's death. Yoda's species is unknown/not named, and this baby character also doesn't yet have a known name, so I guess the obvious resemblance made it the easiest for fans to just call it Baby Yoda. I'm looking forward to the 2nd series, and I'm interested to see if it will reveal anything about the species, and whether this baby is a relative of Yoda. Doing the math, Yoda was still alive when this baby was born (its age is revealed in the series), so that could be a possibility, though it shouldn't necessarily be a thing just because they are of the same species and are both force-sensitive.
Squishy & adorable.

We haven’t watched The Mandalorian yet, but I am looking forward to doing so at some point.
Boy am I out of date with all the movies/series. I keep seeing "baby Yoda" things and ads for "The Mandalorian" but I don't have Disney or Netflix or wherever it is. sad The little one is cute though.
Nice posing of the dancers.
(05-07-2020, 09:51 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad there is a good Star Wars series that fans enjoy. Baby Yoda is adorable! Is it Yoda before he became known as Yoda, or is it a baby of the same species, but not Yoda?

Baby of the same species that gets called Baby Yoda because we otherwise don't know the name. 

(05-08-2020, 01:32 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]An Unearthly Child, indeed.

Same question as neon_jellyfish asked: is it actually Yoda, or merely the same species as Yoda?

That reminds me, I'm hoping to somehow make a new 1:6 scale Susan. Not that the Sindy I use isn't great, I would just like one a bit more in line with the rest of the Doctor Who squad around here...

Also yeah just the same species. 

(05-08-2020, 05:58 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Aw, adorable :3 And I agree, The Mandalorian is a great series, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it, which was such a relief after my great disappointment with Episode 9 (let's not even talk about it... I've known and heard of many Star Wars fans disappointed by the franchise, but I wasn't one of them - not until Episode 9, that is. I'm even among the rarer species who also liked the prequels. But after watching the last episode... I've actually been feeling down and depressed for days. So this is how it feels to be let down by the franchise you like? It sucks big time sad ). The Mandalorian, while very predictable and filled with clichés in many ways, was something that kept me excited all along. It's also something I would have happily rewatched right after we finished it. A friend of mine who saw the series before me, described how she&her husband watched it as "We just couldn't stop. We went "Let's just watch another episode" again, and again. We had to force-convince ourselves to pause when we couldn't hold back going to the toilet anymore" - back then I laughed, now I understand smile

To answer the question about The Child: no, it is not Yoda. The Mandalorian takes place in a time after Yoda's death. Yoda's species is unknown/not named, and this baby character also doesn't yet have a known name, so I guess the obvious resemblance made it the easiest for fans to just call it Baby Yoda. I'm looking forward to the 2nd series, and I'm interested to see if it will reveal anything about the species, and whether this baby is a relative of Yoda. Doing the math, Yoda was still alive when this baby was born (its age is revealed in the series), so that could be a possibility, though it shouldn't necessarily be a thing just because they are of the same species and are both force-sensitive.

Oh gods, Episode 9... I admit that while I'm watching it, I do have a bit of fun. Like I can admit that in the wathing there's enough pleasing things there that it can be fun. But then the minute I think on any of it, I feel a mixture of anger and disappointment. They swung and they missed and they didn't really give anything completely new - Force healing was from Legends originally and it at least gave the idea the time to let people accept it as a thing that could be done. 

I'm kind of hoping that Luke Skywalker's new Jedi Academy will pop up in the Mandalorian. It's set five years after Return of the Jedi and we're never given a time frame for when the school started. Mostly I want to see this because Mandalorian culture does not look too kindly on the Jedi... 

(05-08-2020, 07:51 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Squishy & adorable.

We haven’t watched The Mandalorian yet, but I am looking forward to doing so at some point.

It is surprisingly good. Like I did not expect to enjoy it and yet, I really do. 

(05-08-2020, 08:53 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Boy am I out of date with all the movies/series.  I keep seeing "baby Yoda" things and ads for "The Mandalorian" but I don't have Disney or Netflix or wherever it is.  sad    The little one is cute though.
Nice posing of the dancers.

It's on Disney Plus, but I would assume that they would eventually release it on DVD or digital download at some point. 

Thank you! 

- - - 

129. Shelfie

[Image: 69351597_c678d51be48898bd49ac11410c785700_large.jpg]

Just a random shelf shot for today. Anne, Marnie, and Emerald. Also a Tsum Padme. And some nice books, too!