Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As ever, excellent taste in books behind the lovely dollies smile

We haven’t read any Rainbow Rowell, are they good? (Not that we need any new authors or books at the moment... )
Well, ain't that an awesome shelf! I should let my dolls play in the bookshelves some time.
The Hello Kitty dress on the imposingly uncanny Marnie cracks me up!
Echoing Lejays comments on the bookshelves, especially the two Schwab’s which are great.
(05-08-2020, 10:58 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]As ever, excellent taste in books behind the lovely dollies smile

We haven’t read any Rainbow Rowell, are they good? (Not that we need any new authors or books at the moment... )

I like those particular two because it's Rainbow Rowell taking on fantasy tropes as set up by Harry Potter and doing some pretty interesting things with them, so I would really recommend those though. To be fair, Carry On was it's own thing and then the sequel came out, and the way that ends implies there will be more. I think you'd like Carry On

(05-08-2020, 11:14 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Well, ain't that an awesome shelf! I should let my dolls play in the bookshelves some time.

It does make for interesting displays. Though that's actually my tidiest shelf at the moment, I really need to see to the others.

(05-09-2020, 02:43 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]The Hello Kitty dress on the imposingly uncanny Marnie cracks me up!

It's this odd contrast that I just really like. I have tried other clothing pieces, and nothing works as well as that dress does for her. 

(05-09-2020, 01:02 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Echoing Lejays comments on the bookshelves, especially the two Schwab’s which are great.

It's one of my shelves dedicated exclusively to hardbacks, so I have some of my nicer looking volumes there. I might rearrange stuff. Maybe. Hm. 

- - - 

130. Shenanigans

[Image: 69395635_70891fb266c71c004c0fc20de12ac975_standard.jpg]

This little cheeky chappie was a gift this past Easter, since I'm not really good with chocolate. He's a Charlie Bear, and he's meant to invoke a sort of naughty school boy feel. His little hat can be placed wherever you like, though the tie can't come off. He's only about 11 1/2" tall, so about 1/6 scale. Ah, he's lovely.
He's so cute and fluffy! Doesn't seem naughty to me, although I would admit he might be a little mischievous.
Good choice for Word o' th' Day! With his ruffled appearance and jaunty cap, CB does indeed look like he could be up to constant shenanigans!
He looks very soft and fluffy.
Marnie's dress is a nice colour match for her, at least.
I love the word shenanigans, and Charlie does look up for a shenanigan or 3.
He looks like he'd be up for nice shenanigans, not nasty ones. Love his cap & tie.
(05-09-2020, 10:01 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]He's so cute and fluffy! Doesn't seem naughty to me, although I would admit he might be a little mischievous.

Well, he's behaving for the photo! Lol.

(05-10-2020, 01:13 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Good choice for Word o' th' Day! With his ruffled appearance and jaunty cap, CB does indeed look like he could be up to constant shenanigans!

Believe it or not, Shenanigans is actually the stock name of the bear: see! I think the CB is meant to stand for the name of the range, but it does seem more like initials... 

(05-10-2020, 05:27 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]He looks very soft and fluffy.  
Marnie's dress is a nice colour match for her, at least.

He is soft and fluffly.

Marnie likes her dress - she likes the kitty faces. 

(05-10-2020, 11:31 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I love the word shenanigans, and Charlie does look up for a shenanigan or 3.

Shenanigans is the stock name for the bear, but he may become Charlie around here...

(05-10-2020, 03:43 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]He looks like he'd be up for nice shenanigans, not nasty ones.  Love his cap & tie.

He's clearly the naughty school boy trope. 

- - - 

131. Slightly New Look

[Image: 69434992_185bc6ad4db3321ce37a7f0d959eec9c_standard.jpg]

As you might have noticed in some of the April Scavenger Hunt photos, Basil's been sporting a slightly new look lately. This is just a bit of a clearer picture of it.
Casually dapper!
Street fashion coolness!
Casually cool!
Basil looks very pleased with his coolness.