Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Love the 3-tone hair with the dramatic orange stripe down the center!
Agree with Aichan - Casta is not happy having her photo taken there.

She’s the one who was “inspired” by one of Beyoncé’s stage personas, right?
(05-29-2020, 11:48 PM)Aichan Wrote: [ -> ]Haha this one says to me, “ Stop, no more photos!”  She is tired of the paparazzi.

Hehe, I would not blame her for being that way. There really is a strong feel of it and I assure you, unintentional.

(05-30-2020, 01:16 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Casta is a wonderfully Halloween-y doll. For me, she would fit better in EAH (especially considering that they made Cupid transfer there), but she's a gorgeous MH doll, so it's fine. But I'd fricken love to have a green EAH witch.

And here we have why my Create-A-Monster witch, Nora, is an EAH student in my doll-verse and not a MH student. Look the original Baum books are in the public domain and as long as you use a different shade of green, you could get away with it. Though looking at it, Nora has a similar shade of green to the Pink Label Mattel Wicked Witch doll...

But yes! Would have loved to have seen an EAH take! 

(05-30-2020, 02:44 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Love the 3-tone hair with the dramatic orange stripe down the center!

If I still had her hair in the original style, it would look much more impressive, as the colours were gathered up in a bump. 

(05-30-2020, 09:58 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Agree with Aichan - Casta is not happy having her photo taken there.

She’s the one who was “inspired” by one of Beyoncé’s stage personas, right?

I believe so, yes? I mean I could be wrong but I believe Casta was heavily Beyonce inspired. 

- - - 

151. T is for Time Squad

[Image: 70299477_c7ff3ca6be3b5c80d703038c3bdcf691_standard.jpg]

Teeny tiny little Doctor Who figures! These came out - originally - between Tennant's last episode, and Smith's first. The Master was a build a figure one that you needed all the other figures to make. I got lucky. I quite like the cartoon style of these guys.
I’ve got a couple of them! The Clockwork Man and the Cyberman for sure, and also one of the Doctors.
No idea Who is Who (bad pun, anyone?), but I like the Cthulhu fella drinking form the lab glass with a straw (although that's probably not what he's doing...).
(05-31-2020, 01:33 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]No idea Who is Who (bad pun, anyone?), but I like the Cthulhu fella drinking form the lab glass with a straw (although that's probably not what he's doing...).

I shall simply agree with neon's comment, because it made me laugh. A lot!
(05-31-2020, 01:33 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]No idea Who is Who (bad pun, anyone?), but I like the Cthulhu fella drinking form the lab glass with a straw (although that's probably not what he's doing...).

That’s an Ood. They’re one of the newer Who creations.
Well, I recognize most of them... Fun collection.
Casta does look like she's having a bit of a dramatic moment there.
(05-30-2020, 09:47 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve got a couple of them!  The Clockwork Man and the Cyberman for sure, and also one of the Doctors.

I could have sworn I had a little Dalek in this style...

Fun pun! Also that's an Ood.

(05-31-2020, 02:11 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I shall simply agree with neon's comment, because it made me laugh. A lot!

It made me laugh as well! 

(05-31-2020, 10:34 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]That’s an Ood. They’re one of the newer Who creations.

Actually, now I think on it, we've not seen an Ood in a while. 

(05-31-2020, 03:29 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I recognize most of them...  Fun collection.  
Casta does look like she's having a bit of a dramatic moment there.

I feel like Casta uses all her dramatics in her stage performances. 

- - - 

152. U is for Uniform

[Image: 70343533_22433a975e254475abc3a4f1353b49ab_standard.jpg]

This little bear here is from Harrods in London, and he's wearing the uniform of their door attendants!
He’s adorable! I got a teeny bear when we were there, in a bag, just so I could say I bought something at Harrods.

But the uniformed bear is way cuter!
Squeee, plush uniform!!!
He's adorable.
He is cute! That's a fun souvenir from famous Harrods.
He is sooo cute. I love him the in the plush Harrods uniform.
(05-31-2020, 11:26 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]He’s adorable!  I got a teeny bear when we were there, in a bag, just so I could say I bought something at Harrods.

But the uniformed bear is way cuter!

Oh I've seen those wee bears in bags! Very cute! 

I got lucky - he was included in a sale! 

(06-01-2020, 12:41 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Squeee, plush uniform!!!
He's adorable.

Aw, thank you! 

(06-01-2020, 02:28 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]He is cute!  That's a fun souvenir from famous Harrods.

They do sell fun little things like this for people to be able to say they've been to Harrods. It's a thing.

(06-01-2020, 05:28 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]He is sooo cute. I love him the in the plush Harrods uniform.

It's all so lovely! 

- - - 

153. V is for Venus

[Image: 70389094_1fe3f2ac31dc38e290df4e5751394700_standard.jpg]

Original signature Venus is probably my favourite of all her releases, so I'm glad that's the version of her I have in my collection. Her hair is so ridiculously soft.
In addition to being ridiculously soft, the hair on your example of Venus appears to be in very good condition, nicely brushed and without glue matting.