Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
She is really beautiful. Siggy is my favorite, too! I also have Zombie Shake, and really wanted but never got Coffin Bean.

Her hair looks gorgeous! Mine suffers from a nasty case of glue seepage, but I'm afraid to do something about it, because the flocking comes off way too easily.
(06-02-2020, 02:20 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]In addition to being ridiculously soft, the hair on your example of Venus appears to be in very good condition, nicely brushed and without glue matting.

I'm lucky in that respect - I've been able to keep her hair looking quite nice! 

(06-02-2020, 03:04 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]She is really beautiful. Siggy is my favorite, too! I also have Zombie Shake, and really wanted but never got Coffin Bean.

Her hair looks gorgeous! Mine suffers from a nasty case of glue seepage, but I'm afraid to do something about it, because the flocking comes off way too easily.

I would love to know how to clean hair without damaging flocking - my Hunter could really use a clean...

- - - 

154. W is for Wicked

[Image: 70433874_c9221f08fa4aa1418badf4518df71968_standard.jpg]

I just wanted to take a picture of Elphaba, really. Put some filters on it to see how it would look
Oooh, what a dramatic pose, appropriate for a dramatic lady!

The filter looks great.
The filter gives the impression that this pic is a salvaged frame from an old, somewhat degraded film. Quite evocative of a bygone era.
(06-03-2020, 01:12 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Oooh, what a dramatic pose, appropriate for a dramatic lady!

The filter looks great.

Thank you! I like to think she;s in the middle of one of her big song numbers

(06-03-2020, 01:59 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]The filter gives the impression that this pic is a salvaged frame from an old, somewhat degraded film. Quite evocative of a bygone era.

Which is ironic, because who knows if the Wicked film will ever happen...

- - - 

155. X is for X-Catcher

[Image: 70480491_ca5b8cdd0676dbca7aa8063216b173fa_standard.jpg]

Definition: In old naval slang, an X-catcher or X-chaser was someone who was good at math—literally someone good at working out the value of x.

Well, Toralei is very good at Maths, so she can be the featured x-catcher of the photo!
And, appropriately, cats on board naval vessels were a long-standing tradition in the Royal Navy: https://www.mnn.com/family/pets/stories/...ng-felines
Now that's a very interesting X! Sig Toralei is awesome doll. I didn't get her back then, because I don't like maintaining short hair on dolls, but I always loved her sig outfit.
(06-04-2020, 12:46 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]And, appropriately, cats on board naval vessels were a long-standing tradition in the Royal Navy:  https://www.mnn.com/family/pets/stories/...ng-felines

I did not know that! So even more appropriate! 

(06-04-2020, 01:13 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Now that's a very interesting X! Sig Toralei is awesome doll. I didn't get her back then, because I don't like maintaining short hair on dolls, but I always loved her sig outfit.

I'm quite fond of short hair on dolls, though I had to pick up my sig Toralei second-hand so she doesn't have all her pieces. 

- - - 

156. Y is for Yoda

[Image: 70527426_1765a251eb951928d3d243c151213112_standard.jpg]

Yes, the ancient Jedi Master makes an appearance. This version is from the Forces of Destiny line by Hasbro, made to be in scale with those 12" figures.
I like short hair on dolls as well - Apart from Amelia (brand new pure zzz, not actual Amelia who is called Bea here) the girls who go on holidays with us all have easy hair to look after.

The Yoda is cute - do you have a pic with him & others from the line to see scale?
I do not recall seeing the Forces of Destiny Yoda figure before. Interesting it is!
We’ve got a couple of Yoda’s I think. My favourite is our Christmas Yoda.
Whenever I see Yoda, I can't not think about this meme.

[Image: efd8e8d083a9e75ceaab8474f63d0e37.jpg]
(06-05-2020, 01:06 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]I like short hair on dolls as well - Apart from Amelia (brand new pure zzz, not actual Amelia who is called Bea here) the girls who go on holidays with us all have easy hair to look after.

The Yoda is cute - do you have a pic with him & others from the line to see scale?

Short hair does make taking a doll places easier to manage. 

I do not, but I will take one! 

(06-05-2020, 01:18 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I do not recall seeing the Forces of Destiny Yoda figure before. Interesting it is!

He came packaged with the Luke figure. He's a good wee figure.

(06-05-2020, 03:35 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]We’ve got a couple of Yoda’s I think. My favourite is our Christmas Yoda.

Okay, I've got to see Christmas Yoda.

(06-05-2020, 07:35 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever I see Yoda, I can't not think about this meme.

[Image: efd8e8d083a9e75ceaab8474f63d0e37.jpg]

And I laughed out loud. 

- - - 

157. Z is for Zzz

[Image: 70571658_0eccae309f4789bc8d171f5d873c6ccd_standard.jpg]

Because naps are a thing we all need, even if the Child here is refusing to lie down for his
Don't underestimate the importance of a good beauty sleep, little Baby-Yoda-But-Not-Really, you'll get wrinkles unnecessarily fast. Then again, maybe that's actually a desirable result with this species...
Yeah, yeah, yeah! That Beatles meme is brilliantly funny!

Hey, nice play of light and shadow in the Sleepy Yoda pic!