Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's a pretty good version of the live action person, he was a fun character
(06-13-2020, 11:21 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Now that's a rad look! My dolls need some half black, half white outfits!

The Descendants do have some amazing looks among them

(06-14-2020, 10:44 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Is that a severed dog tail (or possibly a paw) he's carrying on his belt? Awesoooommmeeee!!!!

It is a tail of some kind, but I couldn't tell you what. Dog is a good guess, given who's son he is.

(06-14-2020, 03:52 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]He is very funky. Actually looks better as a doll than he does in the live action films.

To be fair, the movies do focus on giving the girls all the best looks. 

(06-14-2020, 05:14 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a pretty good version of the live action person, he was a fun character

Just wish the movies had given the boys more to do 

- - - 

166. D is for Dixie

[Image: 70955227_27ea1cc07ab49ee098447cc61e4f81f8_standard.jpg]

Another bear! Dixie here is from the 2015 collection again, and is once again designed by Isabelle Lee. She's about 15" tall, and once again made of that super soft plush
You have quite a spectacular cuddle army there! How many Teddies do you have?
Many of your bears feature quite unusual and fascinating colour schemes, this one being no exception!
(06-14-2020, 11:50 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]You have quite a spectacular cuddle army there! How many Teddies do you have?

Quite a few...? Teddy bears are a collection that other people started for me and I've only started adding to myself in recent years. It was odd how it happened, but I'm fond of them all. 

(06-15-2020, 02:04 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Many of your bears feature quite unusual and fascinating colour schemes, this one being no exception!

Often because those are the kinds that catch my eye

- - - 

167. E is for Elinor Rose

[Image: 70990436_aa6523ab0430643515445bb1fe2002f0_standard.jpg]

One of my lovely Silkstone ladies today. Elinor is  the Elegant Rose Silkston doll, and we can certainly see why. I honeslty love the vintage look of these girls, and the weight of them is always surprising - if you can find one discounted, I would suggest snapping it up as the quality is really there!

Elinor is one of the Ladies Who Lunch Club in the Room, who enjoy the finer things in life. I really should show them a little more...
She is fancy! And also looks like she's silently judging whoever she's lunching with!
She looks like she keeps her distance out of consideration for others, as she knows that too much ex³posure to her cool classiness could hurt them.
Very posh-looking. So they're significantly heavier than other Barbies?
What a sweet bear. Love her cute pink nose.
Oh yes, it would be fun to see more of the Ladies Who Lunch, particularly in Life in the Room segments, as they lunch... and gossip.

Elinor is quite lovely. I was not aware that you had more than one Silkstone.
I don’t think I’d like to be on Elinor’s bad side.
She’s beautifully elegant, just the type of person who I would imagine being a Lady That Lunches.
(06-15-2020, 10:05 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]She is fancy! And also looks like she's silently judging whoever she's lunching with!

A lot of Silkstones have that judging ex.pression. It was very much the style of the vintage and original Barbies, which the Silkstones are modelled from. I'm quite fond of it, if I'm honest. 

(06-15-2020, 10:25 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]She looks like she keeps her distance out of consideration for others, as she knows that too much ex³posure to her cool classiness could hurt them.

Elinor is very considerate of others, even if she does get a bit huffy around those who do not meet her standards.

(06-16-2020, 01:45 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Very posh-looking.  So they're significantly heavier than other Barbies?
What a sweet bear.  Love her cute pink nose.

Oh, very much do. You can feel a Silkstone in your hand, a playline Barbie feels like nothing in comparison. I don't know if I have a playline one that looks similar enough that a comparison could be done... Hm, that's something I'll put some thought on. 

Thank you! 

(06-16-2020, 01:49 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yes, it would be fun to see more of the Ladies Who Lunch, particularly in Life in the Room segments, as they lunch... and gossip.

Elinor is quite lovely. I was not aware that you had more than one Silkstone.

The Ladies Who Lunch include Elinor, Clarice, Susie, and on the odd occasion, Cousin Monday. 

I am fortunate enough to have two. Elinor, who was given as a gift, and Clarice who I managed to find as a complete bargain. 

(06-16-2020, 05:17 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think I’d like to be on Elinor’s bad side.

Her gaze would be terrifying to come under,  I agree. 

(06-16-2020, 06:00 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]She’s beautifully elegant, just the type of person who I would imagine being a Lady That Lunches.

Especially with cocktails, darling. 

- - - 

168. F is for Firework

[Image: 71037098_8706ed56e69fc765bdf14408430b3381_standard.jpg]

From the 2012 Charlie Bears collection, Firework is 17" tallk and does have some blue tips in with all that gorgeous purple plush. I tried a few times but I don't know if I managed to get the mixture of colours properly captured - there's a few bears like that, where the mix will only show up under the right type of light.
On my monitor, he looks reddish with a little bit of purple. He's super cute, regardless of the color antics (I know this well, a lot of my dolls change colors in different light/photos).
I’m with neon, he looks more red than purple to me, with gorgeous dark blue muzzle & feet.

Colour discussion reminds me of my knitting group. We regularly have “arguments” over what colour someone is using.
Mostly the discussions are in the red/purple group, but we had one over 2 different weeks (different people attend, so we often have the same conversations over a few weeks) that was trying to decide if one particular colour was brown or grey or a light purple. That one didn’t get resolved smile
(06-17-2020, 01:13 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]On my monitor, he looks reddish with a little bit of purple. He's super cute, regardless of the color antics (I know this well, a lot of my dolls change colors in different light/photos).

(06-17-2020, 08:16 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m with neon, he looks more red than purple to me, with gorgeous dark blue muzzle & feet.

Colour discussion reminds me of my knitting group.  We regularly have “arguments” over what colour someone is using.
Mostly the discussions are in the red/purple group, but we had one over 2 different weeks (different people attend, so we often have the same conversations over a few weeks) that was trying to decide if one particular colour was brown or grey or a light purple.  That one didn’t get resolved smile

I'm not going to disagree with either of you, because I'm picking up red tone in the picture as well, but looking at him IRL he is very purple. It's just amazing how colours can come across while photographed, isn't it? One day I will find the perfect way to get a true to colour snap of him...

- - - 

169. G is for Gazza

[Image: 71074692_e8dce05c6e9cd3c45eaaedc44bf39497_standard.jpg]

My pretty boy front man who can hear the entire history of music within his head, though with emphasis on rock. The 'leather' jacket he had is starting to flake pretty badly, so I'll need to try to find a new one...

Oh, and for your entertainment: the cast(s) of We Will Rock You, past and present, sing Bohemian Rhapsody