Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-23-2020, 10:41 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]It’s the best dance!

Maddie is my favourite EAH character.  She’s actually the one that started me on the dolly-collecting thing as an adult.

We should all be doing it. 

I can see why Maddie would do that! 

(06-24-2020, 02:09 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]When she gets steamed up, I'm sure she'll shout! And if you tip her over... havoc will ensue!

This is gonna be some tea party!

Havoc of the best kind. 

Welcome to the tea party, should have rsvp'd, it's okay, it's alright

(06-24-2020, 01:22 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]A cute trio.  Maybe not the name, but the outfit, would probably help hide Draculaura's identity...

Nah, Lucrezia always had odder tastes in fashion, and preferences towards lighter colours... It's just gotten more since she left. 

(06-24-2020, 04:19 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Maddie has always been my favourite EAH doll.

She does seem to be one of the favourites from EAH for a lot of people. 

(06-24-2020, 07:08 PM)neon_ jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I love Maddie, she's my #1.5, #1 being Raven. But Maddie is really close. I love Wonderland and anything and everything mad, and I think Mattel did a great job on Maddie. She's the best kind of crazy.

With amount of doll takes on Wonderland, it is easy to propose the multi-Wonderland theory...

- - - 

176. N is for Niall

[Image: 71391107_f44dc3a3c83062272af6379946575b92_standard.jpg]

Yet another Charlie Bear! Niall here is one of a set of twins, from the 2015 collection and designed by Isabelle Lee. He's a smaller bear, only 12". Little sweetie.
And sporting a very fetching bow as well!
That's quite a charming looking little bear, very life-like and ex-pressive around the eyes and face.
He looks like he's very friendly, and always in a good mood.
(06-25-2020, 12:32 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]And sporting a very fetching bow as well!

Well, he has to look a bit dapper. 

(06-25-2020, 03:01 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]That's quite a charming looking little bear, very life-like and ex-pressive around the eyes and face.

Charlie Bears are really good at creating very ex.pressive faces. 

(06-25-2020, 03:45 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]He looks like he's very friendly, and always in a good mood.

Feels like an accurate assessment of him. 

- - - 

177. O is for Oddles

[Image: 71435383_8c4c6c1606a6dd6b1a92cdba40d680d4_standard.jpg]

One of the bigger bears of my collection today! Oddles is originally from 2013, and he's 23  1/2"  tall! Lots of patchwork in his plush, and I like to think of him as being related to little Tick Tock because of similar use of colours.
Oddles looks rather monkey-like. At least, that was my first impression. I think it's because of the ears set low to the sides of his head.
I was going to say that, too, but for me it was the feet! Now that you've mentioned the ears, I see that as well.
They both look so lovely and soft.
I also see more monkey than bear, with the paws & ear positions.

He’s a glorious patchwork boy though.
He has very intense eyes.
(06-26-2020, 01:08 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Oddles looks rather monkey-like. At least, that was my first impression. I think it's because of the ears set low to the sides of his head.

Y'know, I never really noticed that before.

(06-26-2020, 01:34 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to say that, too, but for me it was the feet! Now that you've mentioned the ears, I see that as well.

The feet are just lovely and soft to touch.

(06-26-2020, 02:05 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]They both look so lovely and soft.

They are! Very huggable. 

(06-26-2020, 06:42 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]I also see more monkey than bear, with the paws & ear positions.

He’s a glorious patchwork boy though.

The patchwork look is so lovely.

(06-26-2020, 07:13 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]He has very intense eyes.

They don't look as intense IRL. It's weird they photographed like that...

- - - 

178. P is for Pumpkin Pie

[Image: 71475649_e1e0b88fff7498362154242e15b0dfc1_standard.jpg]

Lovely Pumpkin here is from the 2016 collection and was designed by Heather Lyell. 14" tall and made of this super soft plush that is one of the nicest things to touch.
This one reminds me of one of those characters from the live-action Cats movie. (Sorry!)

I hope Pumpkin makes more appearances in October! For obvious reasons.
Oh, cool fur. Is it in colour patches, or orange with dark tips? It looks like it depends how the fur lies, but it’s hard to tell on this silly little phone screen. Anyway, he’s cool and it looks like his fur is on fire.
He’s very nice and with the fire effect Allie mentioned is kind of edgy.
Lava bear! It's a weird association, isn't it? Magma probably shouldn't be what comes to mind when you see a plush bear, but I can't help it, the combination of vivid orange and grey / brown (looks grey on my monitor) really reminds me of that.