Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-27-2020, 01:58 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]This one reminds me of one of those characters from the live-action Cats movie. (Sorry!)

I hope Pumpkin makes more appearances in October! For obvious reasons.

Oh, that something I don't know how to take (LOL)

I will see what happens! 

(06-27-2020, 02:32 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, cool fur.  Is it in colour patches, or orange with dark tips?  It looks like it depends how the fur lies, but it’s hard to tell on this silly little phone screen. Anyway, he’s cool and it looks like his fur is on fire.

Orange with dark tips, though how dark it appears is dependent on how the fur lies.

(06-27-2020, 03:37 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]He’s very nice and with the fire effect Allie mentioned is kind of edgy.

It is. I never really noticed it before.

(06-27-2020, 06:14 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Lava bear! It's a weird association, isn't it? Magma probably shouldn't be what comes to mind when you see a plush bear, but I can't help it, the combination of vivid orange and grey / brown (looks grey on my monitor) really reminds me of that.

It's brown I think. It is a weirdly cool association that the head makes though. 

- - - 

179. Q is for Quartermaster

[Image: 71518989_82d66431094063da4f7e4ba0c3256dce_standard.jpg]

Well, someone has to take care of all the weapons...
Oh, now this s a fun pic! Look at all those gadgets and goodies! Including impressive tomes of arcane secrets! All displayed on a retro-modern transparent tabletop! Excellent collection of intriguingly dangerous implements!
Again trying to see things on the silly little phone screen, but that looks like a very interesting stash.
Lava bear, ha ha. I really love the effect.
(06-28-2020, 05:12 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Again trying to see things on the silly little phone screen....

You neeeeed a 27-inch 5k retina display:  https://www.apple.com/imac/

yay

(Of course, now that I've made the mistake of looking at that website, I neeed one, too! And one of those cool Werepuppy Quartermaster Division acrylic tables in 1:1 scale to set it on!)
Why does the thought of these two taking care of all the weapons seem so unsettling?
(06-28-2020, 02:44 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, now this s a fun pic! Look at all those gadgets and goodies! Including impressive tomes of arcane secrets! All displayed on a retro-modern transparent tabletop! Excellent collection of intriguingly dangerous implements!

Well the Addams family does know how to best display their weapons collection. And this is only a part of it! 

(06-28-2020, 05:12 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Again trying to see things on the silly little phone screen, but that looks like a very interesting stash.
Lava bear, ha ha. I really love the effect.

It is a fun little stash! 
Pumpkin Pie is quite happy to be known as Lava Bear. 

(06-28-2020, 07:49 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Why does the thought of these two taking care of all the weapons seem so unsettling?

Because you don't know who they might use them on? 

- - - 

180. R is for Robecca

[Image: 71556272_2fdbd8f502a862d75ab9d9ff5e8a3454_standard.jpg]

The fabulous steam punk robot girl Robecca deserves more photos. I need to take more photos of her.
Me too! Robecca is awesome. When they released CE Lala, I was so hoping for super-deluxe collector Robecca in opulent steampunk gown.
I’d be concerned with them looking after all the weapons, but someone needs to know what everything does.

And Robecca is such a cool release. She one of my favourite minis as well.
I agree, steampunk robot girl Robecca is fabulous, and we should all take more photos of her!
Interesting character, and how are we at “R” already??!
I agree about Robecca needing more love.
(06-28-2020, 09:42 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Me too! Robecca is awesome. When they released CE Lala, I was so hoping for super-deluxe collector Robecca in opulent steampunk gown.

Oh, gosh, that would have been so amazing. I would have loved a CE Robecaa in a steampunk gown. Maybe in a plastic that looked a bit metallic to emphasis the robotic nature of her? Could have been wonderful. 

(06-28-2020, 11:15 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]I’d be concerned with them looking after all the weapons, but someone needs to know what everything does.

And Robecca is such a cool release.  She one of my favourite minis as well.

If someone doesn't know, then there will be that case of someone mispronouncing a spell and before we all know it, there's chaos everywhere. 

Robecca is a cool release, thought IDK if I've seen her mini...

(06-29-2020, 11:18 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, steampunk robot girl Robecca is fabulous, and we should all take more photos of her!

/puts 'take more photos of Robecca' on to do list.

(06-29-2020, 12:19 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting character, and how are we at “R” already??!

I would say because time has no real meaning? Or because the alphabet moves quicker than we ex.pect.

(06-29-2020, 05:09 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I agree about Robecca needing more love.

I need to find some good places to take photos of her. 

- - - 

181. S is for Scaramouche

[Image: 71597618_cad3e3c5705356560e28370ef086f8ae_standard.jpg]

The bad arsed babe who will unleash the lost riffs and help bring the golden age of rock back to a world ruled by one coroporation.  I have good reason to think that Scaramouche is the Blackadder of her era, and it's not just because the show was written by Ben Elton...
Bratzillaz were such a fun line! I loved the designs, but the quality was... As problematic as always with MGA dolls. We got the first two waves, then they disappeared. I always wondered whether they'd work with Obitsu bodies.

You did a great job on her outfit!!!
Your post, and the mention of Ben Elton, inspired me to read about the musical, which I have not seen. It sounds like the dialogue is full of references to rock lyrics and rock bands and performers. Is the show as quick-witted and clever as a Blackadder episode?

I read this summary on Wikipedia: "The musical tells the story of a group of Bohemians who struggle to restore the free exchange of thought and fashion, and live music in a distant future where everyone dresses, thinks and acts the same." This strikes me as extremely sad as here we are today, nearly two decades after this musical was released, and the pressure to conform is stronger than ever; indeed, it is now legally enforced in many respects. The virus is being used to justify even further control, and we are being brainwashed in to "binge-watching Netflix" and accepting similar mind-numbing, screen-based, conformity-inducing activities as "the new normal."

Anyway, as you know, I love your custom-costumed "Scaramouche" Bratzillaz gal, and she looks as goth-glam as ever here!
Whenever I see or hear the word Scaramouche my mind immediately goes to the old movie with Stewart Grainger, and I still maintain that the film has one the best sword fight scenes ever.