Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-30-2020, 12:00 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Bratzillaz were such a fun line! I loved the designs, but the quality was... As problematic as always with MGA dolls. We got the first two waves, then they disappeared. I always wondered whether they'd work with Obitsu bodies.

You did a great job on her outfit!!!

I think I did see someone ex.periment with either a Braztzilla head or an EAH head on an Obitsu body. It looked fairly decently.

Thank you!

(06-30-2020, 08:55 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Your post, and the mention of Ben Elton, inspired me to read about the musical, which I have not seen. It sounds like the dialogue is full of references to rock lyrics and rock bands and performers. Is the show as quick-witted and clever as a Blackadder episode?

I read this summary on Wikipedia: "The musical tells the story of a group of Bohemians who struggle to restore the free exchange of thought and fashion, and live music in a distant future where everyone dresses, thinks and acts the same." This strikes me as extremely sad as here we are today, nearly two decades after this musical was released, and the pressure to conform is stronger than ever; indeed, it is now legally enforced in many respects. The virus is being used to justify even further control, and we are being brainwashed in to "binge-watching Netflix" and accepting similar mind-numbing, screen-based, conformity-inducing activities as "the new normal."

Anyway, as you know, I love your custom-costumed "Scaramouche" Bratzillaz gal, and she looks as goth-glam as ever here!

Honestly, yeah it is. There are moments that are just really fun because it's characters trading barbs at each other. 

The show has aged surprisingly well in the idea of one coroporation owning the world aspect of it...

Thank you! 

(06-30-2020, 04:59 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever I see or hear the word Scaramouche my mind immediately goes to the old movie with Stewart Grainger, and I still maintain that the film has one the best sword fight scenes ever.

Y'know, I've never seen that film? I should try to see it. 

- - - 

182. T is for Tiff Toff

[Image: 71644991_6b529af28b30e7d51a097b5caa55ebe1_standard.jpg]

A 16" lovely from the 2009 collection, Tiff Toff thought she would take the 'T' spot and say hello to you all, today.
Her patches of different color remind me of some cats' coats. So of course I love it yay
She's a cheery looking teddy!
I think Tiff is the friendliest-looking Teddy Bear you have shared with us thus far!
(06-30-2020, 08:55 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Your post, and the mention of Ben Elton, inspired me to read about the musical, which I have not seen. It sounds like the dialogue is full of references to rock lyrics and rock bands and performers. Is the show as quick-witted and clever as a Blackadder episode?

I read this summary on Wikipedia: "The musical tells the story of a group of Bohemians who struggle to restore the free exchange of thought and fashion, and live music in a distant future where everyone dresses, thinks and acts the same." This strikes me as extremely sad as here we are today, nearly two decades after this musical was released, and the pressure to conform is stronger than ever; indeed, it is now legally enforced in many respects. The virus is being used to justify even further control, and we are being brainwashed in to "binge-watching Netflix" and accepting similar mind-numbing, screen-based, conformity-inducing activities as "the new normal."

Anyway, as you know, I love your custom-costumed "Scaramouche" Bratzillaz gal, and she looks as goth-glam as ever here!

Its called “ lesser magic”. “ They” show you in advance what “ they” are going to do as a n changes to society.

There are a ton of media going back showing where they want to take us. Logans Run, 1984 etc

A lot of spooky stuff happening now including bible prophecy being fulfilled if ypu beilve in that.
(07-01-2020, 04:26 AM)Aichan Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2020, 08:55 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Your post, and the mention of Ben Elton, inspired me to read about the musical, which I have not seen. It sounds like the dialogue is full of references to rock lyrics and rock bands and performers. Is the show as quick-witted and clever as a Blackadder episode?

I read this summary on Wikipedia: "The musical tells the story of a group of Bohemians who struggle to restore the free exchange of thought and fashion, and live music in a distant future where everyone dresses, thinks and acts the same." This strikes me as extremely sad as here we are today, nearly two decades after this musical was released, and the pressure to conform is stronger than ever; indeed, it is now legally enforced in many respects. The virus is being used to justify even further control, and we are being brainwashed in to "binge-watching Netflix" and accepting similar mind-numbing, screen-based, conformity-inducing activities as "the new normal."

Its called “ lesser magic”. “ They” show you in advance what “ they” are going to do as a n changes to society.

There are a ton of media going back showing where they want to take us. Logans Run, 1984 etc

A lot of spooky stuff happening now including bible prophecy being fulfilled if ypu beilve in that.

Yeah, we are totally living in what is quickly becoming a 1984 world, with shades of Animal Farm and Fahrenheit 451, and a bit of Lord of the Flies. Disturbing times.
Another bear with very pretty fur. She looks quite cheerful & friendly too.
All your bears look like they are the most cuddly one, which can’t be true. One of them has to be the mostest bestest cuddliest one.

I feel that (if the world was normal & I I could actually visit) I need to test all of them out to determine which one would be this.
(06-30-2020, 10:53 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Her patches of different color remind me of some cats' coats. So of course I love it yay

Ooh, yeah, I can see that! 

(07-01-2020, 12:31 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]She's a cheery looking teddy!

She is very cheery. In the Charlie Bears line, the open mouthed face is known as the giggler face

(07-01-2020, 03:22 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I think Tiff is the friendliest-looking Teddy Bear you have shared with us thus far!

Ahhh, that's nice! 

(07-01-2020, 01:46 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Another bear with very pretty fur.  She looks quite cheerful & friendly too.

She very much is the cheery sort

(07-01-2020, 02:14 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]All your bears look like they are the most cuddly one, which can’t be true.  One of them has to be the mostest bestest cuddliest one.

I feel that (if the world was normal & I I could actually visit) I need to test all of them out to determine which one would be this.

... I feel like I need to go try a hug test of them all. 

- - - 

183. U is for Usagi

[Image: 71690618_8c369dbfc484721b47dbf27326638639_standard.jpg]

Sailor Moon herself! This is a 6" doll from a playset that was released for the live action show in Japan. I found her randomly a few years ago, and recognised what it was. It's a rare thing, to see a black haired Usagi. I really should put her with another doll but I don't really have any other Sailor Moon dolls to height compare with... But yes! Usagi. 

Oh, and I've replaced her hair elastics. I didn't realise they were crumbling until after I took the photo.
I'm one of those five weirdos who don't know Sailor Moon (I know about the series, but never read or watched it), so I don't know the context of black haired Usagi (other than her usually being blonde), but she's really cute!
Cute sailor style uniform! Good eye to score this "random find!"
I’m one of the other 5 weirdos who know nothing about Sailor Moon.

I can recognise them, but only if they’re in the school uniforms.

Congrats on the find!
Well, that's 3 of the 5 right here... LOL
She's cute though.
Four... I can't even remember the names of the Sailor Pullip and Dal I actually own (who both had makeovers)...
Looks like 100% of the weirdos are here, because I know almost nothing about Sailor Moon. It’s  a Japanese anime is about the sum total of my knowledge.