Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats on the new arrival. Hopefully you will get your trip sometime soon.
She’s cute, not as much fun as a trip to Kondon, but a better choice for the current times.
(07-07-2020, 10:34 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I've been interested in this doll for a while, so let the enabling commence!

I wonder how she'll fit in the Room lore.

I do think she'll fit well with your residents, actually. 

Well, we do have River Styxx around, and Susan. Also the Addamses.... so pretty well, I might think.

(07-08-2020, 02:38 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]A gigantically massive new mega-screen television on which to watch episodes of Hell Girl in immersive high definition? So that then, when you turn and see her actually standing there next to you, you can get all freaked out?

Not gigantic, but definitely bigger than I had before and it's actually showing me channels now instead of blank screen so that's always an improvement. 

Fun fact: I did actually have her standing next to my TV for a while. 

(07-08-2020, 03:34 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the new arrival. Hopefully you will get your trip sometime soon.

Thanks! 

Trying not to get too hopeful about it. 

(07-08-2020, 05:44 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]She’s cute, not as much fun as a trip to Kondon, but a better choice for the current times.

To be fair, I didn't think I've ever manage to get a girl like this, and having the new Obitsu 24 is a nice plus. If I got to London this year, I was going to visit the V&A Museum of Childhood - it has a various few toy collections and it would have been interesting to see. 

- - - 

190. Azone Alvastaria Milo

[Image: 71994772_588a20a2bf9b43f31cce4d4e70826de4_standard.jpg]

Arrival date: 9th June 2020

One from my doll wish-list and an Azone grail, I finally managed to get hold of the original Azone Alvastaria Milo release. He was a Mandarake find, and arrived faster than I thought he would. He's not staying Milo around here. Oh no, since my other Alvastaria boy is my perfect Oliver Twist... 

Ladies and gents, allow me to introduce Mister Jack Dawkins, better known among his more 'h'intimate friends as the Artful Dodger.
Milo best boy! I love all his releases.

Can't wait to see all the hijinks - and, I presume, troubles - Mr Dawkins will get into in the Room!
What a superb Artful Dodger figure! One might think the figure was designed with the character in mind!
Even before you said it, I was thinking Artful Dodger.
(07-08-2020, 11:52 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Milo best boy! I love all his releases.

Can't wait to see all the hijinks - and, I presume, troubles - Mr Dawkins will get into in the Room!

I have to agree, Milo's releases have been fantastic every time.

Well, he is an artful thief...

(07-09-2020, 03:27 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]What a superb Artful Dodger figure! One might think the figure was designed with the character in mind!

Honestly, I actually wonder if he was? He just seems... so perfect for the character.

(07-09-2020, 05:40 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Even before you said it, I was thinking Artful Dodger.

He really does give the vibe of the character. 

- - - 

191. Creatable World v Azone

[Image: 72037475_e0f105199318b231cb42bbefe70862db_standard.jpg]

Creatable World is of the newer lines from Mattel and actually well worth the money with how well put together all the clothing pieces are. But since the nearest size comparison I had was an Azone, here's how they look together.
I've heard about Creatable World, not sure whether they're available here or not, haven't been in toy store since the quarantine... I think the concept is neat. I'm personally not interested in them, but I think that if Mattel wanted to do something more inclusive, customizable dolls are a good way to go about it.
So the circa 1976-1981 look is popular again in 2020? Cool beans!
Dodger has a nice outfit. I wonder how that create a ball world dolls are doing sales-wise.
[Edit: I keep saying I’m just going to leave the nonsense that my phone posts. Here you go. Tongue]
(07-10-2020, 01:16 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard about Creatable World, not sure whether they're available here or not, haven't been in toy store since the quarantine... I think the concept is neat. I'm personally not interested in them, but I think that if Mattel wanted to do something more inclusive, customizable dolls are a good way to go about it.

I've found them on Amazon a lot easier than I have in any toy shop - even before the lockdown! I will say that the clohing quality is amazing? Like it's seperate pieces made with proper fabrics and... Yeah, just in comparison with a lot of stuff put out, it rates a bit higher to me. 

(07-10-2020, 02:39 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]So the circa 1976-1981 look is popular again in 2020? Cool beans!

They do say fashion is circular... 

(07-10-2020, 12:51 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Dodger has a nice outfit. I wonder how that create a ball world dolls are doing sales-wise.
[Edit: I keep saying I’m just going to leave the nonsense that my phone posts. Here you go. Tongue]

Your phone just did it phonetically (ha!)
I would love to see the sales figures, I hope that they're doing well because they are really cute and I would like to see them last. 

- - - 

192. Book Bunch

[Image: 72081476_304f8eb27162233959eb475563b4502b_standard.jpg]

Because I thought it would be fun to take a picture of all my dolls who represent a book character to me.  I think I'll play guess the characters here, or guess the book they're connected with!
I know them all except for the Creatable boy. I don't know if I just forgot or completely missed who he is in the Room.
That’s a really cool idea, a group of dolls who represent fictional counterparts.
This forum is becoming so literary! I'm going to have to start reading more, I guess.
Well, I know who a lot of them are. Trying to see on a tiny phone screen is not helpful.