Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The entire outfit is superb! I want one... in "me" size!
Well, again, such a cool outfit. I could see some of my girls in it.
(07-22-2020, 10:31 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]He is so adorable! I bet he uses that to get away with all sorts of things.

He'd prefer bein' thought of as manly than adorable, to tell you the truth. Twist is the one who is adorable.

(And if I get pirate boy, I wonder what will happen then...)

(07-23-2020, 01:48 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]The entire outfit is superb! I want one... in "me" size!

Actually I've got to completely agree there. That is one cool outfit. 

(07-23-2020, 03:41 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Well, again, such a cool outfit. I could see some of my girls in it.

I could see some of mine in it too, but Dodger's claimed it. 

- - - 

205. K is for Kara

[Image: 72611378_ce74f379a0f5e97e7210c00c8720dce4_standard.jpg]

AKA The Girl of Steel. So Supergirl. I have to admit I really liked the television series Supergirl for the first couple of seasons but I fell away from it. Still really like this figure though, it was a fun find.
Dawkins is great, his outfit is great, I’d love one myself.

We are struggling through watching Supergirl - it’s not as much fun as the other ones. Elfy misses Cat Grant and the Balcony of Feelings (so, season 1 is the best for him). I’m grumpy with it as my favourite character (Win) got shipped off to space, and I loathe his “replacement”.
We probably watch it more out of obligation to the shared universe than anything else now.

But she’s a great figure, and very like the actor.
Flying so high at such high speed in a short flared skirt and not getting cold is a superpower of its own (or maybe super-undies). Also not messing up one's hair.
(07-24-2020, 12:42 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Flying so high at such high speed in a short flared skirt and not getting cold is a superpower of its own (or maybe super-undies). Also not messing up one's hair.

Haha great observation!
Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's... well, actually, it's a bird, but not a bird-bird, if you know what I mean, nudge-nudge wink-wink!

A bird in a really short skirt! Not exactly an outfit designed for aerobatic maneuvres! Oh My

No wonder everyone looks!

yay

It's a really cute figure, and actually, the skirt isn't that short. Not anime magical girl short. Plus, the high velocity airflow probably helps keep things discreet.
(07-23-2020, 11:04 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Dawkins is great, his outfit is great, I’d love one myself.

We are struggling through watching Supergirl - it’s not as much fun as the other ones. Elfy misses Cat Grant and the Balcony of Feelings (so, season 1 is the best for him).  I’m grumpy with it as my favourite character (Win) got shipped off to space, and I loathe his “replacement”.
We probably watch it more out of obligation to the shared universe than anything else now.

But she’s a great figure, and very like the actor.

Yeah I have to agree on it - S1 felt the easiest to get through. I'm much prefering Legends, if I'm totally honest on it. Partly because Constantine though. 

(07-24-2020, 12:42 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Flying so high at such high speed in a short flared skirt and not getting cold is a superpower of its own (or maybe super-undies). Also not messing up one's hair.

(07-24-2020, 01:38 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's... well, actually, it's a bird, but not a bird-bird, if you know what I mean, nudge-nudge wink-wink!

A bird in a really short skirt! Not exactly an outfit designed for aerobatic maneuvres! Oh My 

No wonder everyone looks!

yay 

It's a really cute figure, and actually, the skirt isn't that short. Not anime magical girl short. Plus, the high velocity airflow probably helps keep things discreet.

LOL, well I don't know if this would reassure either of you, but the show does take time in the first season to point out that Supergirl wears thick tights under her skirt. Does this help explain things? Eh, not really, but it at least suggests she's got some layer of protection against the cold. Though granted, Kryptonians gain energy from our sun, so that could help or hinder things, I don't know. 

- - - 

206. L is for Lorna

[Image: 72645089_645dfc7e35ec04f03b6b6c202aed1a5e_standard.jpg]

Granddaughter of Nessie! I'm still kind of tickled that a line for next generation monsters looked at the infamous Nessie for inspiration. She rarely seemed to come up. I like Lorna, she's a cutie.
I like her fins. I don’t ever remember seeing her down here.
I passed on her, because there's something about her face that just doesn't click with me, but I'm glad they did Nessie. It's a classic monster, well deserving representation!
I don’t think I’ve seen her. It’s a fun idea for a character.
Agree that some of these movie and TV characters keeping their hair from getting mussed have some sort of super power…
Fabulous fin factor, which enhances the fun factor! Why isn't Lorna part of my MH crew? Possibly because, while I was aware of her, I never saw her in the shops back in the day.

When I was a kid I was semi-obsessed with the Loch Ness Monster, and read numerous books on the subject.
She as probably available for about 5 minutes down here. I do recall seeing her, but her in-box hair was a disaster, and we weren’t collecting MH, so didn’t look at her much further. She is cute, and she has “scales” on her body as well, right?

Legends of Tomorrow is the most fun of those series - if you ignore the first season. Once they embraced the silly of the concept it really improved.
I think Legends totally embraced its goofiness. With the episode Guest Starring John Noble (and that is the actual episode name).
(07-24-2020, 04:21 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I like her fins. I don’t ever remember seeing her down here.

And once again I wonder what alogrithm made up the MH distribution...

(07-24-2020, 08:41 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I passed on her, because there's something about her face that just doesn't click with me, but I'm glad they did Nessie. It's a classic monster, well deserving representation!

Nessie gets skipped over in a lot of monster things so... yeah. Big cheers for Nessie! 

(07-25-2020, 02:40 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think I’ve seen her. It’s a fun idea for a character.
Agree that some of these movie and TV characters keeping their hair from getting mussed have some sort of super power…

It was one of those clever ones from MH.
I wonder if someone has made a character with super style powers...

(07-25-2020, 08:15 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Fabulous fin factor, which enhances the fun factor! Why isn't Lorna part of my MH crew? Possibly because, while I was aware of her, I never saw her in the shops back in the day.

When I was a kid I was semi-obsessed with the Loch Ness Monster, and read numerous books on the subject.

Seriously, what was the distribution on these dolls like?!

Always read about Nessie! 

(07-25-2020, 11:16 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]She as probably available for about 5 minutes down here.  I do recall seeing her, but her in-box hair was a disaster, and we weren’t collecting MH, so didn’t look at her much further.  She is cute, and she has “scales” on her body as well, right?

Legends of Tomorrow is the most fun of those series - if you ignore the first season.  Once they embraced the silly of the concept it really improved.

She does, yeah! 

I agree - when Legends embraced the silly it became so much more fun. 

(07-25-2020, 12:15 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I think Legends totally embraced its goofiness. With the episode Guest Starring John Noble (and that is the actual episode name).

Oh, that's a good one! 

- - - 

207. M is for Mira

[Image: 72698947_9897ed1d7ee8bff7ee0c91e25e7ff862_standard.jpg]

The eldest of the Queen girls in the Room. Technically a magical mirror reflection of the Evil Queen when she was 16. Mira has no desire to follow what happened there, and instead forge her own path. That being said? She's quicker to use those dark magic tricks she knows. Apple had better be wary...