Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mira looks elegant, and I really like her backstory.

Lorna was available here, and even went on sale - that's when I got her. I love the idea that they made a character who is related to Nessie, and her skin tone and body that actually has scales is wonderful - however, she does have something about her face-up I don't like that much, and her original hair is also kinda "meh", so mine still lives in her box. Removed, just not displayed. I don't have plans of selling her, but I need to figure out how I could make her more appealing to my eyes.
Mira was a great release, and an interesting back-story to go with her.

The purple/red hair is very striking against the monochrome of the rest of her outfit.
Mira is a great doll. I much prefer your backstory for her to the original one. Mine is simply Raven's cousin. Like a third or fourth cousin, one of those no one ever heard about, but they show up for a family reunion obviously hiding something and then cause a whole lot of doom and mayhem later.
I too prefer your backstory for Mira more to the one Mattel had for her.
Very cool metal-and-chains armored accents on her costume!
(07-25-2020, 11:44 PM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Mira looks elegant, and I really like her backstory.

Lorna was available here, and even went on sale - that's when I got her. I love the idea that they made a character who is related to Nessie, and her skin tone and body that actually has scales is wonderful - however, she does have something about her face-up I don't like that much, and her original hair is also kinda "meh", so mine still lives in her box. Removed, just not displayed. I don't have plans of selling her, but I need to figure out how I could make her more appealing to my eyes.

Thank you! I did kind of go with my own thing for her backstory because of course I did. Canon is merely a spring board for me. 

You could re-root or re-paint her? 

(07-26-2020, 12:11 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Mira was a great release, and an interesting back-story to go with her.

The purple/red hair is very striking against the monochrome of the rest of her outfit.

They really did well when putting this release together. She was a joy to be able to get. 

(07-26-2020, 12:55 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Mira is a great doll. I much prefer your backstory for her to the original one. Mine is simply Raven's cousin. Like a third or fourth cousin, one of those no one ever heard about, but they show up for a family reunion obviously hiding something and then cause a whole lot of doom and mayhem later.

Ooh, I'd love to know more about your backstory for her! 

(07-26-2020, 11:29 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I too prefer your backstory for Mira more to the one Mattel had for her.

Thank you! 

(07-26-2020, 03:18 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Very cool metal-and-chains armored accents on her costume!

You can tell she was released around Dragon Games! 

- - - 

208. N is for Nemesis

[Image: 72735229_7f7145d425bc0458e84c28985d4a6c9b_standard.jpg]

Now I feel fine, 'cause I got a nemesis! 

I mean, what else was I going to do? It's an incident that makes for some of the most fun moments in the manga.
Aww, they are so cute together Heart

LOL
Is Mira‘s hair kind of ombre or is that just the lighting? The little ones are cute.
Who will be the first chew off his own arm to escape?
(07-26-2020, 10:38 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Aww, they are so cute together Heart

LOL

Time to dance the Nemesis song? LET'S DANCE.

(07-27-2020, 03:54 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Is Mira‘s hair kind of ombre or is that just the lighting? The little ones are cute.

I think there is a hint of ombre in it - it is lighter at the top - but I think the lighting makes it more noticable?

(07-27-2020, 03:57 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Who will be the first chew off his own arm to escape?

Hm... Good question - a battle of wills! 

- - - 

209. O is for Oliver

[Image: 72773534_d894a675891a11737182c512b2df6512_standard.jpg]

The lead little kitty of Oliver and Company. Also a very little cute ginger kitty. For an adaptation
Not familiar with the movie, but you can't go wrong with ginger kitty!
The scene with the two guys chained together is amusing.

Very cute plush kitty.

Neon - it’s a Disney version of Oliver Twist, with singing animals instead of people. From the 80’s, I believe, definitely before The Little Mermaid was done.
Classic Disney design. Interesting how you can tell it's a Disney character even if you're not familiar with the exact release.
(07-28-2020, 01:57 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Classic Disney design. Interesting how you can tell it's a Disney character even if you're not familiar with the exact release.

Umm, the Disney tag on his ear kinda gives it away LOL LOL
(07-28-2020, 08:10 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2020, 01:57 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Classic Disney design. Interesting how you can tell it's a Disney character even if you're not familiar with the exact release.

Umm, the Disney tag on his ear kinda gives it away LOL LOL

Well, yes, there's that!

I was thinking more of the face and eye design.

(I thought the tag was a miniature book he was holding.)