Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The film also had a soundtrack by Billy Joel and I think Bette Midler voiced one of the characters.
(07-27-2020, 10:35 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Not familiar with the movie, but you can't go wrong with ginger kitty!

Ginger kitty - instantly adds adorable.

(07-27-2020, 11:41 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]The scene with the two guys chained together is amusing.

Very cute plush kitty.

Neon - it’s a Disney version of Oliver Twist, with singing animals instead of people.  From the 80’s, I believe, definitely before The Little Mermaid was done.

L and Light - such nemesises.

Oliver is adorable!

Oliver and Company was the film right before The Little Mermaid

(07-28-2020, 01:57 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Classic Disney design. Interesting how you can tell it's a Disney character even if you're not familiar with the exact release.

That would be because of the Disney house style! Not a bad thing for an animated studio to have, because it means their works can be easily distinguished. 

(07-28-2020, 04:37 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]The film also had a soundtrack by Billy Joel and I think Bette Midler voiced one of the characters.

It did! Her character was fantastic. Also Billy Joel voiced Dodger. 

- - - 

210. P is for Padawan

[Image: 72812225_beb5bf75a24c962421dd4e8a26d40afb_standard.jpg]

Ahsoka Tano, padawan of Anakin Skywalker himself, father of the most dramatic family to ever be in the galaxy.  The Forces of Destiny line released a doll of her and as you can see, she's stunning. And apparently is going to appear in the next season of The Mandalorian, so that'll be cool!
Pretty cool figure! Forces of Destiny, huh? I wonder if Kylo and Rey need a friend/rival?

If Ahsoka was trained by Anakin... how did she avoid being killed? Didn't he murder all the young Jedi? I know he did in the movies. If she somehow escaped, that would suggest that he recognized a potential for darkness within her... or, her darkness was already so well developed that she was able to sense what was impending and escape.

(Okay, I just read her history on one of the Wikis. Very complicated. Like pretty much every other Star Wars character, Ahsoka has died at least twice but always gets resurrected. Thanks, Ahsoka, for reminding me why I lost interest in the Star Wars saga. Still... it's a pretty cool figure.)

(((WOW! Just checked eBay! The secondary market prices are... beyond my budget! You've got yourself something of a treasure, here!)))
She looks really cool! After googling it, this is a real cool alien species! I'd want them in all possible colors! I always loved aliens in Mass Effect, and wanted dolls (not figures, dolls with textile clothing and real hair (where it applies)). Togruta would be great addition to my imaginary alien collection.
I keep seeing this character, but I’m never quite sure where she’s from. I haven’t seen all the movies yet, but is she from one of the animated versions?
It’s really amazing what detailed biographies there are on some of the characters.
Oliver is cute.
I always like seeing the more alien Jedi.
(07-29-2020, 01:22 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty cool figure! Forces of Destiny, huh? I wonder if Kylo and Rey need a friend/rival?

If Ahsoka was trained by Anakin... how did she avoid being killed? Didn't he murder all the young Jedi? I know he did in the movies. If she somehow escaped, that would suggest that he recognized a potential for darkness within her... or, her darkness was already so well developed that she was able to sense what was impending and escape.

(Okay, I just read her history on one of the Wikis. Very complicated. Like pretty much every other Star Wars character, Ahsoka has died at least twice but always gets resurrected. Thanks, Ahsoka, for reminding me why I lost interest in the Star Wars saga. Still... it's a pretty cool figure.)

(((WOW! Just checked eBay! The secondary market prices are... beyond my budget! You've got yourself something of a treasure, here!)))

For Kylo she'd sort of be his Great-Aunt in a way. If that helps anything.

Long story short - she is still a Jedi but she officially left the Order before Order 66 went down. Her voice is featured among the Jedi who speak to Rey in TRoS, so she's passed on but it's not clear when. 

(((Yeah I got really lucky when I found her!)))

(07-29-2020, 04:41 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]She looks really cool! After googling it, this is a real cool alien species! I'd want them in all possible colors! I always loved aliens in Mass Effect, and wanted dolls (not figures, dolls with textile clothing and real hair (where it applies)). Togruta would be great addition to my imaginary alien collection.

I will hope that you can find a Togruta for your collection! 

(07-29-2020, 10:26 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I keep seeing this character, but I’m never quite sure where she’s from. I haven’t seen all the movies yet, but is she from one of the animated versions?
It’s really amazing what detailed biographies there are on some of the characters.
Oliver is cute.

She appeared in The Clone Wars cartoon first of all, and also featured in Rebels. She's meant to be making her first live action appearance in The Mandalorian. The detailed biographies are amazing.

Thank you!

(07-29-2020, 05:57 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I always like seeing the more alien Jedi.

Same here. Helps round out the world a bit more.

- - - 

211. Q is for Quarrel

[Image: 72852114_38790ee4f6e3cee3b82eb251036b9abe_standard.jpg]

Here we stand 
Or here we fall 
History won't care at all

Gaz and Scara do love each other, but they fight so often
I don't know what are they fighting about and who's in the right, but I'm team Scaramouche, she's so cool, I just have to root for her!
Haha it looks like they are going to start to grapple!
This is one of those "fights" that ends up as... something completely different, I suspect.
(07-29-2020, 11:51 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what are they fighting about and who's in the right, but I'm team Scaramouche, she's so cool, I just have to root for her!

Tbf, she's usually right. 

(07-30-2020, 12:59 AM)Aichan Wrote: [ -> ]Haha it looks like they are going to start to grapple!

Hmmm maybe! 

(07-30-2020, 03:11 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]This is one of those "fights" that ends up as... something completely different, I suspect.

I strongly suspect you may be right! 

- - - 

212. R is for Raggle

[Image: 72892640_74005eb69970619ad6ee3d047ff66b6e_standard.jpg]

Another bear! This is Raggle, from the 2018 collection, and who is 14 1/2" tall. I really like the patchwork effect Raggle has for their plush. Some parts have different feelings to others.
Aww, such a sweet face! I like the patchwork effect, it's a lot like old bears that were home-made using whatever scraps that were available at the moment.
Looks like they can’t decide between a hug and a fight. Maybe they should go hug Raggle instead; he(?) looks a little sad.
Cute ex-pression, like he's saying "feed me."
He has the appearance of different types of bear. The face is very polar, but the body is more brown bear.