Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Best to remain on their good side I think! smile
Unyuuu! They're just so Heart !!!

What a trio! I need more death-related characters in my collection.

Currently, I have River (who is a psychopomp here, as per the official canon, eventhough she did start as a concept for a grim reaper girl and was changed before release, which makes me wish they did both), and I have painfully unshelled retired grim reaper and a banshee in Oddwickshire, but that's it. I have a lot of undead, and the world's favorite necromancer class power-couple, but not enough death itself. What a shocking realisation! I suddenly feel a bit dizzy...
Who knew that the Faces of Death could be so cute?
(08-10-2020, 10:31 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely a handy bunch to have on your side, though.

Oh, very much so! 

(08-11-2020, 12:08 AM)Lilcurly Wrote: [ -> ]Best to remain on their good side I think! smile

Especially a good idea if you're in one of Miss Sto Helit's English or History classes...

(08-11-2020, 12:54 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Unyuuu! They're just so Heart !!!

What a trio! I need more death-related characters in my collection.

Currently, I have River (who is a psychopomp here, as per the official canon, eventhough she did start as a concept for a grim reaper girl and was changed before release, which makes me wish they did both), and I have painfully unshelled retired grim reaper and a banshee in Oddwickshire, but that's it. I have a lot of undead, and the world's favorite necromancer class power-couple, but not enough death itself. What a shocking realisation! I suddenly feel a bit dizzy...

I kept River as a Grim Reaper girl because... well I liked that idea better. I would love to see who would be picked as shells for the Oddwickshire grim reaper and banshee. Speaking of Death themselves, I'd love a representation of the Discworld version, and the Sandman version. I think she'd make a fun doll. (Sandman version of Death, for those who don't know)

(08-11-2020, 03:39 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Who knew that the Faces of Death could be so cute?

Possibly to show it's not something to be scared of? Hm. Interesting thought. 

- - - 

224. Ladies Who Lunch

[Image: 73379742_4bef389b0953428798b5332affdc9354_standard.jpg]

The Lunch Club is the most exclusive club that exists in the Room, and these are the three most consistent members of it. Clarice, who favours white; Susie, who favours silver; and Elinor Rose, who favours the black-red combination. These are generally agreed to be the classiest ladies in the room. Lunch is an opportunity to gather together.
Ooh, they look so classy and vintage! Do they have a designated corner in the room where they usually have their lunches, or do they go out for this activity? They don't look like the ladies who just sit down wherever.
If you have to get the Discworld version of death, then you need to get Death of Rats as well. It’s on,y right.

Classy Ladies Who Lunch. Looking effortlessly elegant too.
They look so divine! I can only imagine what topics they discuss while lunching.
I want to see Gaston crash the luncheon club some day.
(08-11-2020, 09:33 PM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh, they look so classy and vintage! Do they have a designated corner in the room where they usually have their lunches, or do they go out for this activity? They don't look like the ladies who just sit down wherever.

Designated corner of a Room in the house, if not the Room. (I will need to try to get chairs for them...) They very much do not sit down just anywhere. They must think of their reputations, after all. 

(08-11-2020, 10:28 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]If you have to get the Discworld version of death, then you need to get Death of Rats as well.  It’s on,y right.

Classy Ladies Who Lunch.  Looking effortlessly elegant too.

I do have my plush of Death of Rats...

Oh, nice alliteration there! 

(08-11-2020, 11:41 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]They look so divine! I can only imagine what topics they discuss while lunching.

Oh, only the most important topics of the day...

...And some of the best gossip of the Room.

(08-12-2020, 12:19 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I want to see Gaston crash the luncheon club some day.

I have seen this sentence, and now I want it. 

- - - 

225. Size Comparison

[Image: 73417052_63d1a7421369d1a9901f891fac55b648_large.jpg]

Since I have some Creatable World knocking around here, and the new Obitsu 24 body, I thought I'd show how they line up according to size with the other small dolls around here. And yes, I threw in the Emily and Yotsuba figures to help give a sense of scale for them as well.
I love the lineup. It reminds me of The Usual Suspects.
That's quite a range, and just among the "small dolls." Creating dioramas to work across scales would be a challenging exercise.

However, it is quite fun to see that you are not "locked in" to any particular scale, and that you enjoy interesting figures no matter their size or type.
Size comparisons are always fun! I love how they look like a group of good friends eventhough they're all different.
That is a fun lineup.
What model is Susie again...? All three look quite posh.

(08-11-2020, 09:01 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2020, 03:39 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Who knew that the Faces of Death could be so cute?

Possibly to show it's not something to be scared of? Hm. Interesting thought. 
You might like Jenny-Jinya's concept. She draws some pretty tearjerker stuff.
That's a cute line-up! I love size comparisons, they are fun to look at, and they can be very useful. The more types of dolls and figures are included in them, the bigger the variety and randomness is, the better! Sometimes it's so difficult to determine the actual size (or even scale) of a doll based on pictures - I've ex-perienced both falling in love and becoming disinterested in a doll or figure upon learning their actual size - the love usually comes when I learn it is teeeeny, disinterest when it's big, so this particular line-up is dangerously tempting Tongue
Great lineup of figures.

Like others have said. It’s hard to get a sense of scale when you take single photos of individual dolls, so these a great.

The CreAtable World is the curly haired one on the very left?