Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ha! Cute. All the little furniture props are cute... although I think Victoria needs a lil longer couch to really chill wink
Although really, Victoria looks like everybody looked back in the glory days of MTV, staying up 'til 4 in the morning watching one music video after another.
(09-03-2020, 10:52 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Nice posing!!! She really looks relaxed.

It was a hard job making her look relaxed, lol. 

(09-04-2020, 12:34 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Aww! Love the little chair.

A Barbie piece I did pick up with the ain of it being for my little Hujoos. It's meant to be a sofa but ... eh. Though little Freya and Ademeteus can sit on it comfortably, bigger than that it can be a squeeze. 

(09-04-2020, 08:03 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]That's so cool, with her chilling on the couch, watching some TV.

It was her day off, and she has two streaming services. She was going to use them. 

(09-04-2020, 12:08 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Ha!  Cute.  All the little furniture props are cute... although I think Victoria needs a lil longer couch to really chill wink

I would love to find a longer one. I keep looking on eBay to try to find some old Sindy furniture, because that came in more realistic colours... There's this Sindy set that looks a bit like the old leather couch I had... 

(09-04-2020, 12:44 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Although really, Victoria looks like everybody looked back in the glory days of MTV, staying up 'til 4 in the morning watching one music video after another.

That is a good vision to emulate. I miss the day of big music videos. 

- - - 

248. S is for Scary Vampire Teddy

[Image: 74326009_29087a9e2a663e4ea7de4b054e2ce465_standard.jpg]

Okay, so it's a surprise to no one that I am a fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas. When I first saw it when I was a kid I really wanted one of the toys the residents of Halloweentown had made because they looked really cool. Well, now I have one. Scary Vampire Teddy is surprisingly soft all over, and very cuddly.
Ha! Didn't even know these existed. He's awesome!
Yikes! I don't think I'd want to sleep in the same room as him...
I wonder if Eddie Munster has one of them.
Disney was involved in the production of Nightmare, as I recall. Hence the director being able to include this obvious pastiche of the most iconic Disney character as a toy in the film.

It is quite creepy-cool! With an emphasis on creepy.
(09-04-2020, 11:14 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Ha! Didn't even know these existed. He's awesome!

I did some research and apparently there's been a few made throughout the years, but this is the first time I've ever seen them made. I've got an older Jack and Sally around somewhere, I should take a picture of them...

(09-05-2020, 12:26 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Yikes! I don't think I'd want to sleep in the same room as him...

Ah, don't worry, he just eats nightmares.

(09-05-2020, 12:54 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if Eddie Munster has one of them.

Hm, well, it's after his time, though I would think he would like the style of the film, yeah.

(09-05-2020, 02:05 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Disney was involved in the production of Nightmare, as I recall. Hence the director being able to include this obvious pastiche of the most iconic Disney character as a toy in the film.

It is quite creepy-cool! With an emphasis on creepy.

Ahhh, I am so glad someone else thought the head design was a hidden Mickey. It's interesting to see how since the mid to late early 00s Disney have been more inclined to embrace Nightmare under their own baner, rather than Touchstone. I suspect it's because of the devoted fanbase which equals money, but either way, it's still nice to see them embrace something that is very much fo a look they don't really go for. 

(Side note in general. One of the reason I love Nightmare so much is the claymation. Genuinely one of those best forms of animation.)

- - - 

249. T is for Tick Tock

[Image: 74359575_e27a6eaf57efac7e3a198a5fd6faeb0b_standard.jpg]

Another bear and if I do ADAD next year, I will need to change it to A Toy A Day to cover the fact I do more than dolls, LOL. Anyway, this is another Charlie Bear, this one by the name of Tick Tock, who is 14" when standing. Made of grey, purple, and navy plushes, Tick here is often described as a harlequin bear, and was designed by Isabelle Lee.
I love the alternating colors on his ears and limbs and the stripey nose!
Freya is a person after my own heart, quiet and content to play on her own.

AndVictoria certainly deserves some relaxation after looking after the littlest.
A Toy A Day, yeah. I started out in the toy/doll a day thing doing "The 365 Toy Project" on Flickr. My first attempt was 2008-2009, I think.

Interesting colour scheme on this fellow. Looks like he's been raiding the berry patch, and making rather a mess in the process!
That's why mine is a pic a week wink Tick Tock looks a little sad; it's the angle of the white in his eyes.
Having a pal who eats nightmares would be very useful.
I had a really good reply about surprising hugging, but the internet ate it. Stupid connection!
Thank you all! Tick Tock is just a lovely bar to have. Very huggable!

- - -

250. U is for Unbelievable

[Image: 74395309_909c96f29a44882597991d0cde298c64_standard.jpg]

Mot and Sid think it's a bit unbelievable, how Marnie can apparently make a gun with one of her arms. Bit unreal, that.
I for one find it very believable! And to include U, I'm going to compliment's Mot's ultramarine hair!