Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Because everyone likes L Heart

Ademetus might be a bit high voltage for L, though. Or anyone for that matter. Room has a lot of fire hazard characters, doesn't it?
What a great character pairing!

Although L would likely disagree.
A genuine odd couple. Clearly L’s patented grumpiness is not working.
(09-09-2020, 09:33 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Because everyone likes L Heart

Ademetus might be a bit high voltage for L, though. Or anyone for that matter. Room has a lot of fire hazard characters, doesn't it?

L is amazing and easy to love, even if he would think differently.

... It does, now I think on it ...

(09-10-2020, 01:17 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]What a great character pairing! 

Although L would likely disagree.

L would much prefer to not have to be the babysitter. 

Ademetus would just love to hang out with L all the time. 

(09-10-2020, 05:30 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]A genuine odd couple. Clearly L’s patented grumpiness is not working.

Ademetus finds it endearing

- - - 

254. Y is for Yearning

[Image: 74552798_cb16307d0e538dfdaf469e7acf2c9afb_standard.jpg]

River really is trying to work up the courage to finally speak to her crush...
Shy River is an intriguing idea. In my collection, she's like MH version of Maddie, very bubbly, very outgoing, and very crazy, but in the best of ways. Seeing her acting the opposite way is interesting. And I like this ship. Scarah and Invisi Billy always felt a bit forced, and it came out of nowhere.
She really does look like she's yearning in this pic.
One might get exhausted just listening to Admetus...
I suspect the real yearning is from all the boys who have an unrequited and hopeless crush on the adorable River, while River only has eyes for Billie.
That’s so cute. Unrequited love.
(09-10-2020, 09:33 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Shy River is an intriguing idea. In my collection, she's like MH version of Maddie, very bubbly, very outgoing, and very crazy, but in the best of ways. Seeing her acting the opposite way is interesting. And I like this ship. Scarah and Invisi Billy always felt a bit forced, and it came out of nowhere.

Her shyness depends on her situation. If it's doing the job she's training for? She's more confident and bubbly there because... well it's nice to give people a friend. This? Crushing on someone? She has no idea of how to handle or what to say so she comes over shy. 

(09-11-2020, 11:01 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]She really does look like she's yearning in this pic.
One might get exhausted just listening to Admetus...

She just wants to be able to talk to him...

Victoria: And now you know why I needed a rest! 

(09-11-2020, 02:41 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I suspect the real yearning is from all the boys who have an unrequited and hopeless crush on the adorable River, while River only has eyes for Billie.

Hmm... entirely possible, actually... 

(09-11-2020, 03:17 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]That’s so cute. Unrequited love.

With some luck she might be able to say something at some point. She hopes. 

- - - 

255. Z is for ZOMG

[Image: 74594384_eacf2d81b4db0f096dfafb5e09653158_standard.jpg]

An orange dinosaur! Actually, this is Agumon from Digimon, which is one of the first anime I ever saw, and a personal favorite. Well, Adventure and Zero Two, at least. Yeah, I was reaching here but still... ZOMG, an orange dinosaur!
Cute orange dinosaur! And congrats on finishing yet another A-Z round!

I somewhat know Digimon exists, but that's all, with Pokémon I at least know Pikachu (and the Garlic Turtle! Though I don't remember its name), Digimon escapes me entirely.
Aww, shy River is very cute - I hope she'll be able to make up her mind one day - or some situation suddenly brings them together.

Agumon is cute. He too looks shy and a bit embarrassed. I don't really know much about Digimon, apart from a few popular characters - and even out of those I only know Patamon, the rest few I can recognise as Digimon when I see them, but nothing beyond that. Somehow that anime passed me by, even though it was airing on local TV and I could have watched it there.
What an awesome dinosaur and if required he could camouflage himself as an orange or a pumpkin.
Nice collection of photos, I agree with eveyone else that Adematus is exhausting to listen to all the time - he reminds me a bit of my niece, who is a perpetual talker. My sister asked her once if she could have 5 minutes of silence, and the niece proceeded to talk non-stop "I'll be wuiet mummy, I'll be in the other room playing with the dolls/toys so I won't interrupt you, and I promise I'll be quiet so I don't interrupt you at all. Aren't I good at being quiet?"
(She also narrates her life without thinking about it - she's much better now she's at school, but before then you could probably heat the house with the amount of energy she ex-pended with talking).

Poor shy River, hope she gets up the courage to talk with Billy soon.

And what a great shade of orange for the dinosaur.
ZOMG! I haven't seen the term 'ZOMG' in ages and ages!

That intense orange is definitely the color equivalent of ZOMG!
(09-11-2020, 08:43 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Cute orange dinosaur! And congrats on finishing yet another A-Z round!

I somewhat know Digimon exists, but that's all, with Pokémon I at least know Pikachu (and the Garlic Turtle! Though I don't remember its name), Digimon escapes me entirely.

Thank you! Looking at my planned out ADAD word document, I have... another two A to Z rounds before the end of the year - because I always do some random pics to space them out - so here's hoping I get those ones done as well! 

The biggest different between Digimon and Pokémon - at least their animes - is that Digimon has more of a plot. There are stakes and bad guys to fight and consequences in that. Not that there isn't in Pokémon, but it's more prevalent in Digimon. Also I do have a soft spot for the English dubs of both because of nostalgia. I'm not the only one though, when the DVDs were released, they were dubs only and people were fine with it. I suspect the same won't be true for Card Captor Sakura, if and when Anime Limited ever get to releasing that...

(Yes, anime is one of my many likes.)

(09-12-2020, 03:20 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Aww, shy River is very cute - I hope she'll be able to make up her mind one day - or some situation suddenly brings them together.

Agumon is cute. He too looks shy and a bit embarrassed. I don't really know much about Digimon, apart from a few popular characters - and even out of those I only know Patamon, the rest few I can recognise as Digimon when I see them, but nothing beyond that. Somehow that anime passed me by, even though it was airing on local TV and I could have watched it there.

I know Twyla does want to sort of push it along, but Howleen has stopped her, pointing out she wouldn't have necessarily liked it if someone forced her into confessing feelings before she was ready for it. It's a fair enough point. I do have some ideas for how they might come together, or at least for River to get a chance to talk to him. 

Digimon is actually really fun. The problem is back in the day, it was airing around the same time as Pokémon, and it was seen as a rip off of the latter, so you had to like one or the other. I was that odd kid in my school who liked both, but I couldn't admit to it because... well, every saw it as a rip off. It's not - Digimon is actually technically older as it was first around as a Tamagochi in Japan, one that would appeal more to boys according to marketing. Still, if you can find it on DVD, even the dubs are pretty decent, especially by 90s standards. 

(09-12-2020, 11:19 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]What an awesome dinosaur and if required he could camouflage himself as an orange or a pumpkin.

... Ha! And now I'm wishing I was good at more 3-d type of sewing, because I would 100% buy the materials to make him a pumpkin costume. I make need to look into this. I suspect felt would be the best choice for it. Hm... 

I am definitely going to look into it. 

(09-12-2020, 11:38 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice collection of photos, I agree with eveyone else that Adematus is exhausting to listen to all the time - he reminds me a bit of my niece, who is a perpetual talker.  My sister asked her once if she could have 5 minutes of silence, and the niece proceeded to talk non-stop "I'll be wuiet mummy, I'll be in the other room playing with the dolls/toys so I won't interrupt you, and I promise I'll be quiet so I don't interrupt you at all.  Aren't I good at being quiet?"
(She also narrates her life without thinking about it - she's much better now she's at school, but before then you could probably heat the house with the amount of energy she ex-pended with talking).

Poor shy River, hope she gets up the courage to talk with Billy soon.

And what a great shade of orange for the dinosaur.

The only one who does seem able to listen to Ademetus constantly is his sister, Freya, who is ironically the quietest member of the Room, and rarely says anything. And yet, somehow, everyone is able to understand her perfectly. Hm, maybe that is why he talks so much, so no one notices that Freya hardly does. Sweet of him, but still really rather exhausting. And also? Narrating your own life makes it a bit more interesting, LOL.

I am hoping to get things sorted so she can - though probably about something non-crush related because let's not throw her in at the deep end before she's done more than float. 

It is a fantastic shade. He's managed to stay quite clean over the years, I'm pleased to say. 

(09-12-2020, 01:08 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]ZOMG! I haven't seen the term 'ZOMG' in ages and ages!

That intense orange is definitely the color equivalent of ZOMG!

Ha! Actually, to be perfectly honest, neither have I, but it came to my head for a potential 'z' word and I knew I needed to use it. It was just finding the perfect item to represent ZOMG. Agumon's shading was the best choice I could find. I'm glad that people think so, too! 

- - - 

256. Azone Alvastaria Luchino

[Image: 74631883_550a8db005aa483edf716fa466f64b4a_standard.jpg]

Arrival date: 13th August 2020

Just a shot of my pirate boy that hopefully shows off all his details really well.  I'm still dithering on his name, though my head keeps going back to Lucas, so it will probably stay Lucas. He's the direct store version of the doll, and I really hope Azone do more like this because yes, brilliant. But yes, little pirate boy. He's probably going to clash brilliantly with the Artful Dodger.