Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-20-2020, 08:34 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]. It all started with an encounter with a wolf, you see, and she's never looked back.
Sounds like an opening line for a story...
Oh! I've missed a lot of days - sorry!

The Purple hairstyle is great, I can see why you would pick it up. I do agree with neon about the lipstick choice, it doesn't work as well as it should on her.
The mix of outfits are so strange on all of these dolls, but they also all work smile

CJ is cute, love the braids, pity that the outfit is a single piece. This reminds me that I need to check ebay for the pink/grey outfit from the 3rd film. I really liked it n the film & also on the doll that was released.

And there is certainly a story behind that statement of "all started with a wolf" smile
(09-21-2020, 01:15 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2020, 08:34 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]. It all started with an encounter with a wolf, you see, and she's never looked back.
Sounds like an opening line for a story...

Would be a cool opening for a spin on the fairy tale, as told by Little Red in her other guise as a hard boiled PI.
Thanks all!

- - -

265. E is for Equestrian

[Image: 74989180_4fee568befddc34d709d22b2c05c8eff_standard.jpg]

Avea Trotter. Still one of the coolest Monster High releases. At least, in my opinion. I really love her her colour scheme.
Centaur-harpy fashion doll. I doubt there will be a new line as cool as MH was.

There are some cute and fun dolls around, but nothing compares to MH. I wonder what would be my collecting like if the Reboot never hapenned.
(09-21-2020, 11:20 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what would be my collecting like if the Reboot never hapenned.

I wonder what my collection would be like if Monster High never happened? 

I find Avea to be one of the spookiest MH figures. She's such a weird creature, and then they dressed her up like Mister Dark from Something Wicked This Way Comes. The MH designers knew their scary stuff, that's for sure!

Since Hallowe'en is coming soon, I'm gonna go look for my Avea and put her out on display as soon as I'm done here on the forum.
I can't cope with all the Halloween decorations in stores already. Ugh. The grocery store has little doll-size skeleton dogs. Just, no.
What was this figure's character like?
(09-21-2020, 11:20 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Centaur-harpy fashion doll. I doubt there will be a new line as cool as MH was.

There are some cute and fun dolls around, but nothing compares to MH. I wonder what would be my collecting like if the Reboot never hapenned.

... That is an interesting what-if. I did like some aspect of the Reboot - the unqiue body sculpting details for some characters, the articulation that was there hard more solid pegs. Moanica was actually a pretty cool release too. If they could have kept the good... who knows? Actually, I probably would have never turned to Azone or gotten my Hujoos or Basil...

(09-22-2020, 09:36 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what my collection would be like if Monster High never happened? 

I find Avea to be one of the spookiest MH figures. She's such a weird creature, and then they dressed her up like Mister Dark from Something Wicked This Way Comes. The MH designers knew their scary stuff, that's for sure!

Since Hallowe'en is coming soon, I'm gonna go look for my Avea and put her out on display as soon as I'm done here on the forum.

If MH never happened I probably would not have gotten back into doll collecting and stayed in the action figure lane always. Hm might put these questions in my Collecting Realisation thread actually... I can think of a few.

I do think I need to agree with that, actually. Avea is the most horror inspired looking doll. Oh and I need to start decorating for Halloween. Even though I have spooky stuff out all the time. 

(09-22-2020, 10:46 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I can't cope with all the Halloween decorations in stores already.  Ugh.  The grocery store has little doll-size skeleton dogs.  Just, no.
What was this figure's character like?

Ahhh. I quite like it but mostly because it holds off the Christmas stuff for a little while longer. That stuff starts showing up in July now....

Yknow I never actually saw the Freaky Fusion movie, so I don't know? In the Room she's a bit of a sensible type, which is rare among the teens. Long time friends with Neighthan Rot, and generally not in the mood for being invovled in drama.

- - - 

266. F is for Faerie

[Image: 75028644_8ee05dc411c7f3b8134697c43bb114bd_standard.jpg]

As in the Fair Folk, those who you do not mess with because you will regret it. On the other hand, if you do something nice for them, they'll repay you for the rest of your life. This is the Disney Store Film Collection Maleficent doll, and her outfit is amazing.
That is a very dramatic shot.
Excellently spooky photo-processing for your pic of this excellently spooky figure! Fearsome and frightening are more "f-words" that come to mind here!
As with vampires and mermaids and all other kinds of supernaturals, I prefer the Fae in what I call the classic form. The beautiful, powerful, terrifying, sometimes benevolent and sometimes downright monstrous Fae. I don't mind the cute colorful helpful ones, I just like the old wayward ones a bit better.

The character design of this lady is iconic!
She looks very impressive!

(09-22-2020, 08:58 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]if you do something nice for them, they'll repay you for the rest of your life.
Hmm, now I wonder what one should do...?
(09-22-2020, 09:20 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]That is a very dramatic shot.

Ah, thank you! 

(09-23-2020, 01:55 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Excellently spooky photo-processing for your pic of this excellently spooky figure! Fearsome and frightening are more "f-words" that come to mind here!

Ahhh thank you. I was trying for fearsome. 

(09-23-2020, 03:01 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]As with vampires and mermaids and all other kinds of supernaturals, I prefer the Fae in what I call the classic form. The beautiful, powerful, terrifying, sometimes benevolent and sometimes downright monstrous Fae. I don't mind the cute colorful helpful ones, I just like the old wayward ones a bit better.

The character design of this lady is iconic!

Maleficent is very much an old wayward Fae, very much so. I prefer the older type myself, but I put that on having Irish relatives who would tell stories of the older types. And having access to those stories whenever I was at my grandparents' house. So a lot, then. 

(09-23-2020, 02:38 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]She looks very impressive!

(09-22-2020, 08:58 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]if you do something nice for them, they'll repay you for the rest of your life. 
Hmm, now I wonder what one should do...?

Ha, thank you! 

And that is the question! It's hard to tell what they would consider nice... 

- - - 

267. G is for Ginger

[Image: 75071204_a9f284990281d99e04a66a0ea3c4cfe2_standard.jpg]

Ginger Jones, member of the elite JET-SET spy team that travels the world to take down wrong-doing. Ginger brings to the team her technological skills, and knowledge of local folklores - the amount of times they've found someone using a local boogieman to get away with their crimes... As part of their cover to travel the world is as fashion students/models, Ginger generally models more comfortable wear, the stuff you'd wear on a day to day basis. In her free time, she loves reading fairy tales, and has been working on developing a game that is inspired by older takes on them.
Maleficent looks magnificent. So amazing and dramatic.

Ginger looks very comfortable there.
Every elite team needs a ginger (or some other type of redhead) on it!

Oh yes, the Irish / Celtic in general Fae are the best!!! I love our Slavic ones very much, but the lore is nowhere near as rich and complex, and if it once was, it's all been lost long ago.