Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-08-2020, 08:54 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]She looks like someone your Dracula clan needs. They could really use having someone more down-to-earth among them.

(Edit: Muppet Treasure Island is what I tried to reference in my previous post)

Exactly! Val is here to try to bring them some sense. Maybe.

(Hee, it's such a fun movie!)

(10-09-2020, 08:18 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Cute kitbashed fig! Welcome to The Room, Valerica!

(Cool name, too!)

She's glad to be here! 

(Thank you)

(10-09-2020, 11:48 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Valerica looks good...  not familiar with Create-A-Monster.  Nice that you can mix & match outfit pieces (and wig).
Lucas is certainly dressed convincingly for the part...

Create-A-Monster was a Monster High thing, they put out packs and you could 'create' your own character with them. And yeah, the size of Monster High figures tends to give some interesting mix and match possiblities. 

(10-09-2020, 04:11 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]She’s great. Reminds me of Eddie Munster, who was also a young vampire.

... I always thought Eddie was supposed to be a werewolf... Huh. 

- - - 

283. W is for Wayfinder

[Image: 75776784_c8c3bf50353411880b5787f8d06e367f_standard.jpg]

A job that Moana was born to do. Honestly this is just an excuse to take a picture of her. She's awesome.
That's a good word for Moana. Which doll is this?
Moana is totally awesome.
Does Moana ever talk navigation and sea-faring with your Descendants pirates?
She's neat. I loved the movie. The whole wayfinding thing fascinates me... I remember listening to a long documentary about it ages ago, probably in conjunction with one of Hokule'a's voyages.
Moana is a great character, so deserves more photos taken of her.
(10-09-2020, 10:10 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]That's a good word for Moana. Which doll is this?

This is the Disney Store doll, part of their 'classic' line which generally means it's available all the time. She's a really good doll representation of the character, and one I'm really happy to have in my collection. 

(10-10-2020, 11:08 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Moana is totally awesome.

Agreed! 

(10-10-2020, 12:34 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Does Moana ever talk navigation and sea-faring with your Descendants pirates?

She does! I should probably make that a themed picture at one points - dolls relating to sailing in some form. 

(10-10-2020, 01:50 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]She's neat.  I loved the movie.  The whole wayfinding thing fascinates me... I remember listening to a long documentary about it ages ago, probably in conjunction with one of Hokule'a's voyages.

The movie was so much fun. Ooh, that sounds like an interesting documentary. 

(10-10-2020, 04:05 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Moana is a great character, so deserves more photos taken of her.

I will try to take more! 

- - - 

284. X is for Xenomania

[Image: 75822532_82ed4afc4a8e93e13649d9dcc0ac92a5_standard.jpg]

Definition: the gaining of pleasure from meeting strangers or visiting foreign countries. 

"Hello, I'm Anne Shirely, it's ever so lovely to meet you."
"Hello, I'm -" 
"Don't you just love meeting new people? All these people in the world with so many unique to them stories to share." 
"I, uh," 
"It's just such a delight, one of life's natural joys. Oh but I am rambling on. You are?" 
"... Dorothy Gale."
"How lovely to meet you, Dorothy, I'm sure we'll be the best of friends!"
I don't think I'd survive that. For once, I feel for Dorothy. LOL
Now I want an Avonlea/Oz mashup.
I think I'd like to have a friend like Anne. I'd never have to say anything.
(10-11-2020, 02:01 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I think I'd like to have a friend like Anne. I'd never have to say anything.

I do have a friend like Anne - it's very easy to be social when I'm with her.

Fun fact - she's how I met Elfy, through her social chattiness.

I love that Anne figure, werepuppy, even though she doesn't look like Megan Followes, it's still just perfect.
(10-10-2020, 11:27 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think I'd survive that. For once, I feel for Dorothy. LOL

Heh, Anne is lovely, but she can talk a mile a minute. I think Oliver is the only one who can cope with it...

(10-11-2020, 10:00 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Now I want an Avonlea/Oz mashup.

... If I had the right type of video editing software and video editing skills, it would be something I'd like to do actually.

(10-11-2020, 02:01 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I think I'd like to have a friend like Anne. I'd never have to say anything.

That would be very relaxing! 

(10-11-2020, 05:41 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]I love that Anne figure, werepuppy, even though she doesn't look like Megan Followes, it's still just perfect.

Ha, that's actually my thoughts on her too. She's perfectly Anne. Though I do also like the Takara version...

- - - 

285. Y is for Yaager

[Image: 75858606_0ef79a8a863f6da74a8d4ed0f935462a_standard.jpg]

An old word from the far north of Scotland for an especially strong man. Sounds perfect for Thor, right?
Oooh, that's a very interesting Y! Thor seems like he's really into it smile

More ancient words from the Land of the Brave!
So when you and your friends sit around giggling about hunky boys from TV and movies, do you use the word "yaager"?

And how is it pronounced? Yay-ger? Yaaah-ger? Yegger?
Yeah...no. I have a friend like that and you can't get a word in. It's exhausting. She tells me someone once fell asleep while they were on the phone, and when the person woke up she was still talking. I believe it.

(10-11-2020, 05:41 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]I love that Anne figure, werepuppy, even though she doesn't look like Megan Followes, it's still just perfect.
Megan Follows is the quintessential Anne for me as well.

It's nice to see the example of the definition of the opposite of xenophobia, of which there is an awful lot these days. And we learned another fun word from "Y". One could go down quite a rabbithole with the Scots Dictionary with all kinds of interesting words.