Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very soothing and gentle!

(I will put all effort I can muster into not saying 'yay! A gingerhead!' ...Oh.)
Caboodle looks so cuddly too.

And this is an adorably cute picture that needed to be taken.
You're definitely on a colour kick these last few posts with Caboodle and the vibrant D-Day pic!

Fits in the with the colourful foliage of the fall season. Is autumn a colourful season where you live?
(10-21-2020, 08:30 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Very soothing and gentle!

(I will put all effort I can muster into not saying 'yay! A gingerhead!' ...Oh.)

I'd say it's more of a peachy colour IRL. It's a really nice shade, actually.

(10-21-2020, 09:28 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Caboodle looks so cuddly too.

And this is an adorably cute picture that needed to be taken.

Caboodle is very cuddly. 

Thank you! 

(10-22-2020, 04:56 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]You're definitely on a colour kick these last few posts with Caboodle and the vibrant D-Day pic!

Fits in the with the colourful foliage of the fall season. Is autumn a colourful season where you live?

Maybe at some point (...maybe next year's) I'll do a colour coded a to z. See how that works out for us.

Sometimes it is, but rainy days seem more grey than anything. 

- - - 

296. E is for Edith

[Image: 76333351_70a3adf2253595209127788c558a074c_standard.jpg]

Bear! Yeah lots of bears. Edith is 12" tall, and from the 2015 collection. She's a little sweetie. She does look a little like I've just woken her up from a good nap here, though...
Unyuu, what a cutie! I must keep my urges to go and buy more plushies in check...
Ooh, she's a beautiful color!

And Edith was my grandmother's name, so this made me smile.
Squeee. I think she's just about the cuddliest and floofiest bear you've posted so far.
(10-23-2020, 06:31 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]And Edith was my grandmother's name, so this made me smile.

Edith was my grandmother's middle name!

(10-23-2020, 09:57 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I think she's just about the cuddliest and floofiest bear you've posted so far.

Floofiest! Now there's a perfect word for today's bear!
(10-22-2020, 10:27 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Unyuu, what a cutie! I must keep my urges to go and buy more plushies in check...

I hope you have good luck with keeping the urge in check! I often do not. I really should, but I don't. Bad me. 

(10-23-2020, 06:31 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh, she's a beautiful color!

And Edith was my grandmother's name, so this made me smile.

Her colouring is lovely.

And oh, that's lovely to know! I like the name, it's a nice name. 

(10-23-2020, 09:57 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Squeee.  I think she's just about the cuddliest and floofiest bear you've posted so far.

Heee, I like that word: floof! It's a very good descriptive! 

(10-23-2020, 02:40 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Edith was my grandmother's middle name!

Floofiest! Now there's a perfect word for today's bear!

Ahhh, that's nice to know too! It is a really nice name. 

I'm loving the word floofiest. I need to find more reasons to use it. 

- - - 

297. F is for Funko

[Image: 76372603_2970cd46de193d7cc3e0fcaaa24baf07_standard.jpg]

In this case, the Funko POP of Basil, the Great Mouse Detective. Now, as I've stated before, Great Mouse Detective is one of my all time favourites, so obviously I was really excited to hear that this was a figure that was happening, and I got him as soon as I was able to. Maybe I'll get lucky and find the others in the line too.
Congrats! Here's hoping you can get the other ones soon! Will Basil and the other Basil start their own PI business in the Room? Basil, Basil & Co...
I find it fascinating that new merchandise is being released based on such an old (well, 1986) film. And a short film, running only 74 minutes. Other than you, Miss Werepuppy, I've never known anyone who mentions this film as being among their favorite Disney animated features; or, indeed, anyone who has mentioned this film at all. It surprises me, then, to see merchandise for it being released.

I wonder if there are plans, somewhere in the deep, dark recesses of the Disney catacombs, to some day resurrect this property? Could these figures be a "market test"?

Or are the toy companies running out of Disney characters to make figures from? Have Elsa and friends finally run their course?

Side note: in Walmart yesterday, the Frozen II dolls, which once dominated the doll aisle, have been reduced to two shelves in one small section.
Edith is adorable.

And yay for finding the figure - hopefully you will be able to find the others too.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Funko Basil figure before.
(10-23-2020, 10:00 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats! Here's hoping you can get the other ones soon! Will Basil and the other Basil start their own PI business in the Room? Basil, Basil & Co...

I hope so! 

And I hadn't thought of that before... Now I'm really wishing there was a more articulated Basil of Baker Street figure because I would love to do that! 

(10-24-2020, 03:26 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I find it fascinating that new merchandise is being released based on such an old (well, 1986) film. And a short film, running only 74 minutes. Other than you, Miss Werepuppy, I've never known anyone who mentions this film as being among their favorite Disney animated features; or, indeed, anyone who has mentioned this film at all. It surprises me, then, to see merchandise for it being released.

I wonder if there are plans, somewhere in the deep, dark recesses of the Disney catacombs, to some day resurrect this property? Could these figures be a "market test"?

Or are the toy companies running out of Disney characters to make figures from? Have Elsa and friends finally run their course?

Side note: in Walmart yesterday, the Frozen II dolls, which once dominated the doll aisle, have been reduced to two shelves in one small section.

It is quite an interesting thing, and honestly, I think the answer is a bit of all of the above? In the past couple of years, Disney have realised there is a lot of dedicated following to movies made in the late 80s and throughout the 90s, and not just the big ones that have their Princesses in them. They started a line of merch at their stores to buy into their fan support, since most people who liked them as kids are now adults with disposable income of their own. Hercules is one of the big ones that has seen a lot because of it, but also A Goofy Movie, and Hocus Pocus have had more merch in the past couple of years than they ever did. 

In regards to Funko, it is probably that there is a level of they have done all the princesses by now. Funko seem to be trying to make at last one figure per property because there is a group somewhere in the world that will buy that one figure. In that regard, it's kind of easy to see why POPs selll well - it ay be the only way a person gets merch of a piece of media they really enjoy.

Re: Frozen II dolls... that is surprisingly quick. Though that being said, the biggest doll seller this year has been LOL OMG dolls, I believe. So probably not that surprising. 

(10-24-2020, 09:25 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Edith is adorable.

And yay for finding the figure - hopefully you will be able to find the others too.

Thank you, I think she is too.

I hope I can find Rattigan at least - he's an entertaining villain. 

(10-24-2020, 09:52 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Funko Basil figure before.

It's a relatively new one. Though saying that isn't much - it feels like there's new Funkos all the time. 

- - - 

298. G is for Greeed

[Image: 76415216_9d35eb3f0159f4daced6c1c8178e7b7f_standard.jpg]

Not a mis-spelling, but how you spell the species of beings that Ankh is a part of. Trying to ex.plain the Greeed is a task and a half, so instead I will link to their wiki page. There's a wiki for everything.
Long time no see, ice pop king!

Did you manage to get him a new body or is this the old one held together by magic and duct tape?