Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hang in there!

My (well, my landlord's) boiler died again last week, so I think broken stuff might be a global pandemic, too.

Fun fact - Czech Republic now has the worst increase of new cases per capita in the world (nobody knows why)! And our government continues to stirr the chaos and kill the economy, then again, ex+perts on viruses and epidemics can't agree on what should be done, so how could the Perpetual Circus Government have an idea.

As for the masks, the biggest problem I see here is that no one ever bothers to ex!plain how to wear and handle them correctly, so people wear them under their noses, keep touching them, don't change them often enough (yeah, damp masks are dangerous, so they need to be changed. I change mine cca every 2 hours), and probably don't even boil them.

(10-14-2020, 01:14 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2020, 06:54 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2020, 12:18 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Kind of a microcosm of the entire d*mned world these days.

Nah, not chaotic and desperate enough, plus, there are only cool and smart people, and a demon, but no idiots.

The idiot is behind the camera.   Whacked

I stand by what I said. wink
I really like the lighting here
(10-14-2020, 06:20 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Fun fact - Czech Republic now has the worst increase of new cases per capita in the world (nobody knows why)! And our government continues to stirr the chaos and kill the economy, then again, ex+perts on viruses and epidemics can't agree on what should be done, so how could the Perpetual Circus Government have an idea.

That's not good. I would say "stay safe," but apparently nobody knows how we can stay safe!

Take vitamins, maybe. (I just purchased some more.)

[Image: october14a.jpg]
14 October – Mattel Monster High Robecca Steam

[Image: october14b.jpg]

[Image: october14c.jpg]
Very spooky.
I take it someone has been working on a pump...

(10-15-2020, 01:01 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]That's not good. I would say "stay safe," but apparently nobody knows how we can stay safe!
Take vitamins, maybe. (I just purchased some more.)
Welllll.... taking good care of your health is the best you can do I guess. Good food, exercise, adequate sleep, and something for relaxation and mental health....
The setting so suits the doll.
I love you catacombs photos!!!
Such a perfect setting for Robecca
That is a damn creepy series of photos, and I love them!
(10-15-2020, 03:50 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]The setting so suits the doll.

Ended up looking a bit like that scene with the droids in the sand crawler vehicle in Star Wars, I thought.

(10-15-2020, 05:49 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I love you catacombs photos!!!

I love you too, and your light tent photos.  yay

(10-15-2020, 06:05 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Such a perfect setting for Robecca

I was trying for a "grungy" setting, as Robecca has been mildly customized to have a greasy, industrial, mechanical appearance.

(10-16-2020, 07:23 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]That is a damn creepy series of photos, and I love them!

Thank you! "Creepy" is always high praise! Creepy or mysterious are the effects I strive to achieve with most of my Monster High photo attempts. "Cute" doesn't happen very often.

[Image: october15.jpg]
15 October – Monster High Clawdeen Wolf, Dead Tired version
What’s she guarding with her life there?
(10-16-2020, 12:53 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2020, 05:49 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I love you catacombs photos!!!

I love you too, and your light tent photos.  yay

Heh, while it was a typo, I don't feel it's necessary to fix, it, it's true even without the missing 'r'. smile

Well, ain't she a beauty. Dead Tired was pretty amazing, for a budget line.
She is a lovely looking doll
The Robecca series is great - I think I commented the same on IG.

Dead Tired Clawdeen needs a hug after something scary tried to invade her dreams smile

I love the way you use the catacombs / dungeon set - it's amazing how many different things you can do with such a small set.
(10-16-2020, 01:33 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]What’s she guarding with her life there?

Her pillow! Clawdeen takes nap time very seriously!

(10-16-2020, 04:34 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
Well, ain't she a beauty. Dead Tired was pretty amazing, for a budget line.

I've never been clear if this version of Clawdeen was officially a part of the Dead Tired line. She is actually from the Room to Howl bunk bed set, but I usually see her listed as Dead Tired. There's nothing budget about this version, other than a limited costume. The finishing quality on the figure is quite nice, as it was on most of the early Monster High releases.

(10-16-2020, 06:21 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]She is a lovely looking doll

This is actually my personal favorite Clawdeen release, and one of my favorite of all Monster High releases.

(10-16-2020, 07:50 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Dead Tired Clawdeen needs a hug after something scary tried to invade her dreams smile

I love the way you use the catacombs / dungeon set - it's amazing how many different things you can do with such a small set.

You'd think, being a monster and all, Clawdeen would like having scary dreams, but that is not always the case.

This is a very basic set: three pieces of styrofoam packing material out of a shipping box glued together and painted with spray paint. I wanted something simple I could use for basic portrait snapshots, kind of like what neon_j does with her lovely black backgrounds, and so far this simple set is working out well.

[Image: october16.jpg]
16 October – Yo Ho Ho!
It does look great. Very dungeony.