Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-26-2020, 05:00 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2020, 05:43 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I wish I had catacombs or a dungeon where I could enjoy my Halloween reading. And look freaky fab while doing so...

For some reason this comment makes me think: torches! We need wall sconces with flaming torches! Now, how to do that?

Make sure they light up all on their own as you pass by them. Heavy ornate candelabra could also work.
(10-26-2020, 05:00 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason this comment makes me think: torches! We need wall sconces with flaming torches! Now, how to do that?
Got any slowmatch?? LOL
(10-26-2020, 09:57 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2020, 05:00 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason this comment makes me think: torches! We need wall sconces with flaming torches! Now, how to do that?
Got any slowmatch??  LOL

I have cardboard toilet tissue tubes, tissue paper, white glue, and a battery-operated tea light. Will that work?

[Image: october25.jpg]
25 October – Monster High Viperine Gorgon (daughter of Stheno the Gorgon) and
Jinafire Leong (daughter of Chinese dragons) install a wall sconce in
the dungeon
Wow, that's a really cool effect. The torch looks really good!
Nice to see the girls doing some interior decorating wink
If you want actual fire, I imagine Google has some instructions on how to make your own slowmatch.
Lol - of course you need self-lighting wall sconces in the dungeon!

Very industrious of the pair to install them
Ooh this looks br. The lighting is so good
Great torch and a super-cool photo!
(10-26-2020, 03:25 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]If you want actual fire, I imagine Google has some instructions on how to make your own slowmatch.

You know how we roll around here, don't you?  yay  None of that photo-shop fakery in this dungeon!

I got quite distracted reading about slowmatch fuses last night! Yes, there must be instructions somewhere!

(10-26-2020, 09:08 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Great torch and a super-cool photo!

The torches will look better when they are finished. This was a quick snapshot using the work-in-progress rough draft version.
Thank you for the inspiration. I'm not sure what it was about what you commented yesterday that caused me to suddenly wonder why I have never added torches or wall sconces to the dungeon, but... well, now they're in the works!

[Image: october26a.jpg]
26 October – The Party Never Dies!
Looks like an adventure in a booby-trapped jungle temple. Amazing lighting!
This is such a brilliant picture; the lighting and composition just lead you to look at it. Fantastic.
Very cool and spooky! And also her hair suggests a wind is blowing. You are creating a great series of Halloween-y shots with this set.
Wow!!
[Image: october27.jpg]
27 October – Ulla D, Lala, Draculaura

I even had my drawing stuff out today, but... meh.

Make-up posts from the days I missed back in August:

[Image: august18.jpg]
Will Addie and Janie miss Triv while she's gone?
(Nah! She won't be gone long enough to miss!)

[Image: august19.jpg]
"See? I wasn't kidding about that Kerouac 'On the Road' stuff!"

[Image: august20.jpg]
Yasmin came along too!

[Image: august21.jpg]
Dolly from the Olden Days

[Image: august22.jpg]
Life on the Road

[Image: august23.jpg]
"I wish I had a truck like this!"

[Image: august24.jpg]
"Easier, huh? Why do I suspect this to be an exaggeration?"