Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LOL

That caption is golden!

I kinda ex→pected Barbie Vader to have pink light sabre...
(11-09-2020, 09:09 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I kinda ex→pected Barbie Vader to have pink light saber...

That would be perfect! I need to figure out a way to do that!
(11-10-2020, 02:21 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2020, 09:09 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I kinda ex→pected Barbie Vader to have pink light saber...

That would be perfect! I need to figure out a way to do that!

Well, how about using a "glowy rod thingy" as a base? (*hint-hint*, quoting from Aijo's thread):

(10-27-2020, 04:16 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]"Glowy rod thingy." I would have said "light sabre," but I like "glowy rod thingy."
(11-10-2020, 03:12 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Well, how about using a "glowy rod thingy" as a base? (*hint-hint*, quoting from Aijo's thread):

That might work!

Some comic book type panels for Monday, 9 November:

[Image: champion1.jpg]

[Image: champion2.jpg]

[Image: champion3.jpg]
I'd watch this if it was a TV show.
I need to know what happens next, or I won't be able to sleep!
Yet again I had my supplies out and ready to catch up on Doodle Tuesday.

Once again I was thwarted by the treachery of time.

Burned out light bulb. Stopped-up toilet. Frozen water supply line. Loose dryer vent. General chaos.

Similar issues thwarted a short photo-story segment I was working on. I ended up with one photo. Here it is:

[Image: november10.jpg]
10 November – Military Type People

Figures from Hasbro, 21st Century, and TBLeague. This was the only pic out of several that even close to turned out. This one is a bit soft in focus and has some other minor issues. All the rest were blurry, or had flyaway hair issues, or had eyeline alignment issues, or were just generally crummy-looking.

Maybe I can enlist the assistance of these little military people to assist me in my thus-far losing battles against the Forces of Entropy. I know that, ultimately, Entropy will always win, but currently I feel as though I am being overwhelmed. If only I could keep Entropy at bay for a little while.
(11-11-2020, 10:44 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]If only I could keep Entropy at bay for a little while.
...>sigh<... 'things fall apart; the centre cannot hold'... Some days are like that.... slash
Hope you got the maintenance issues solved. Dontcha hate it when life interferes with hobby time.

Your 'military type people' look like they're about to announce something important...
Great lighting, composition, etc in the comic panels! Is this part of a longer story somewhere?
(11-11-2020, 01:30 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Your 'military type people' look like they're about to announce something important...
Great lighting, composition, etc in the comic panels!  Is this part of a longer story somewhere?

There are now several "interactive photo-story topics" emerging on the Action Man Mobile Ops forum, in which any member is welcome and encouraged to respond to previous posts in photo-story format.

It reminds me of the entertaining Ever-Evolving Photo-Story Game topic on the old Pinky-Street forum.
It’s an intriguing intro shot, though.
Oh dear, everybody seems to be having the time of their lives... I hope you survived ecevrything without significant loss of blood or limbs. Hopefully, your brave military people can help you. Hang in there!

If you don't want to drop the doodle challenge (but honestly, dropping it would be perfectly fine!), I suggest that instead of doing xy doodles for the MH frame (I'm just using it out of convenience), pick larger format (like letter / A4), divide it into small parts and make it a jigsaw puzzle doodle - one picture, but the individual parts will serve as doodles. Nobody said they all need to be the same size wink
(11-11-2020, 08:13 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't want to drop the doodle challenge (but honestly, dropping it would be perfectly fine!), I suggest that instead of doing xy doodles for the MH frame (I'm just using it out of convenience), pick larger format (like letter / A4), divide it into small parts and make it a jigsaw puzzle doodle - one picture, but the individual parts will serve as doodles. Nobody said they all need to be the same size wink

That's a pretty clever idea for catching up on Doodle Tuesdays!

I go back and forth between just giving up on everything or not letting the stupidity, the politics, the virus, and everything else win.

But right now, stupidity, politics, and the virus are winning. Or, more specifically, the stupidity of half the public plus the politicians using the virus to their own ends are winning, and it's all quite discouraging.

Don't know how Doodle Tuesday or ADAD can help.

Whatever. I'm rambling nonsense.

[Image: november11.jpg]
11 November – Army Guy Chair Project

I'm trying to construct a desk for an action figure. Somehow that led to also trying to construct a chair for an action figure.

I'm out of hot melt glue, so it's taking longer than I would have liked. Doesn't matter. Slow, fast, it's gonna look terrible if it ever gets finished.

Too big to be a desk chair. Too small to be a sofa. Not big enough for two figures. Too big for one figure. Whatever.
Your soldier there looks like he’s done it tough.
I'm actually fond of chairs too big for one and too small for two, they're like nests for me, kitty, a doll and a book. Not sure if action figures would appreciate that...
Looks like a good chair.